Skip navigation

Barney's RE2000 MK1 8V

Back to the top

seems to be all i could find for now

Back to the top
the engine is looking great! What paint did you use? I was considering some POR15 Ford blue. Did you find any rings in the end for the Omega pistons? I cleaned one of mine up with a soda-blaster but haven't got further than that.

Back to the top
it was primed by the same company that honed and blasted the engine clean, then was painted in a booth same way as the car will be and baked on, the colour used was "porsche riviera blue" and then lacquered.

yeah i managed to get some, will check and let you know what they are from, they were sourced by the company that cleaned the block up, very very good guys, i think they are off an Alfa,

as for the Pistons i cleaned my with mr muscle oven cleaner and alot of elbow grease

Back to the top
Nice to see you are still on with this Barney.

I managed to get my RE2000 8v rebuilt by W Drakes in Bradford. New rings, bearings, hone etc… they did a really nice job.

I'm still on the look out for a "Weber Redline" throttle body that I sold you with the car.. let me know if your not using it?

Back to the top
yep, its taken so long, but so far am happy as it has given me a chance to add things i wouldnt have otherwise thought of, it will be a very special car when complete for sure :)

oh nice, you got any pics?

i am still using it, sorry dude, i will keep an eye out if one ever comes up, but think the old Audi's had similar if that helps

Back to the top
No problem at all.. I'll look forward to seeing the finished car.

I've been meaning to get some pics on here for a while.. I still have the red gti which I'm using this summer, and also a black driver, which is a project.

Back to the top
oh nice, i do love that red GTI of yours :)

haha you always have your hands full when it comes to project cars, i really don't know how you do it all
, im struggling with the same one,

Back to the top
Keep going with it.. mine took x4 years to do. its worth it when its done

Back to the top
Any news on the engine?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.