Skip navigation

Arf's 1991 Clipper Winter TLC Restoration.

Back to the top

1991 Clipper Restoration *back from respray 06.05.12*

BigNormRivage said

Looking really nice mate.

Need more pics tho :-)

Cheers mate, got plenty more pics need to get the negatives put onto a disc though. I'll get it done sometime this week :)

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top
almost there one more day in the garage then i can take it out for a spin :D

now insured just waiting for it to go through on insurance database so i can tax it !

few tings left to do:

Clean up and fix grill
Fix side trims
New set of number plates
Fix passenger seat
Wire in stereo
Wire in horn
Fit rear tension cable

Clean clean clean!!!!

Here she is sat on the snowflakes

South West Regional Host

Previous;

Current;

Banner

Back to the top
Car is pretty much back together now I want to replace the side window seals and scrapers and put the chrome surround on grill

Also got very bad running issues but I think it's down to the carb. I've got just under a month to sort it for the Agm

How she's looking at the moment:

South West Regional Host

Previous;

Current;

Banner

Back to the top
The car looks awesome mate if mine comes back from the spray shop as nice then i will be a happy man!!!  Good luck with the running issues to :D

Back to the top
Its looking great mate and you've done really well, we will get it running sweet before AGM :-)

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
right mnaged to sort out the running issues, was the timing but i think its over feuling as its using so much petrol think the carb needs adjusting but im not gonna temp fate 3 days beforethe agm :)

ive been meaning to uplad these for a while heres a few before and after pics:

During Respray:

How it looks now:

Ive since invested in an XL wind deflector and Im replacing the seals and scrapers round the side windows at the moment, gonna get a chrome surround for the grill, sort out the worn drivers bolster and maybe over winter replace the vinyl roof with a new mohair then call it a day and maybe invest in a tintop project

Scott

South West Regional Host

Previous;

Current;

Banner

Back to the top
looking soooo good :-)

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Very nice mate

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
The respray looks great on your cab m8  :wink: makin' me sway towards a winter cabbie project lol!

How much would a spray like that cost nowadays?

Back to the top
Really like the interior in this one, great work!
Where did therearvseats with headrests come from, - I want!

R32GUY

1992 Rivage in Classic Blue Pearl "B16YUG" 2.0 TFSI, 6 Speed FWD with Quaife LSD, running on Air with sorted geometry and Eibach ARB's, G60 brake setup front and rear, 4x100 17" BBS LM's, Power Steering, Opening Quarter-lights, Mk2 electric recaros and the whole car trimmed by MJ Interiors in tan and Alcantara with a brown roof.

Back to the top
will16v - thanks! i was well chuffed with how it turned out, having a cab is wicked brought it with me to work today its in the car park with the roof down waiting for home time :D
the paint cost me £1200 but that was that included prep work, masking, paint, laubour etc + new windscreen and dropping it back to my door.

and r32guy the seats were just a tintop rear bench modified to have headrests and retrimmed in leather, but i sold them cus they never fit properly and was too crowded in the back of a cabby

South West Regional Host

Previous;

Current;

Banner

Back to the top

arf333 said

brought it with me to work today its in the car park with the roof down waiting for home time :D

Hope the Seagulls miss it all day mate!

Back to the top
Looking like you are doing right ……

What kind off money are you going to spend.

Back to the top
Always nice to see someone elses car in bits lol,i didnt think i would ever finish mine! Well i dont think i did really coz its about to undergo its third stint under the knife :roll: Just love the cabbys i wanted one since i was five,had it 9 years now and could never imagine parting with it :punk:

Back to the top
cheers Bobby, its slowly getting there, i dunno what ive spent if im honest, i dont wanna add it up lol!

what car you got UD ? i cant find a pic of it and ive tried looking throug the projects threads :(

South West Regional Host

Previous;

Current;

Banner

Back to the top
1990 mk1 cab,still not able to post pics as im a total spanner in the pc department! will try this weekend.she is my baby hehe! if you really want to see it facebook me rosie-gavin anthony lots of pics on there its easier somehow,none of this resizing lark lol

Back to the top
Hey Bud, awesome looking Cabby, great to see from how its evolved! Just out of interest, where did you get the front bumper indicators, been trying to find some decent ones for ages!

Ash  :D

Back to the top
Hi thanks mate :)
the clear indicators were actually quite hard to find, all the ones on ebay and i could find brand new were for small bumpers, i got lucky and found a pair for sale on this forum :D

Scott

South West Regional Host

Previous;

Current;

Banner

Back to the top
Little update on what ive been upto.
One of my indicatores fell off but thats fixed now :) ive replaced the roof seals, tightened roof handles ready for winter. now the water is staying on the outside of the car!

ive also bought new inner door locks + rear drums and shoes :D

South West Regional Host

Previous;

Current;

Banner

Back to the top
Some pics in the snow:

Last edit: by arf333

South West Regional Host

Previous;

Current;

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.