Skip navigation

A589 VGB (The Blue Beast)

Back to the top

A589 VGB (The Blue Beast)

Well the girlfriend wants to get a house so I am trying to get the car done before I am skint for the next 25 years  :lol:

Back to the top
Just a quick update.

When I took the accelerator pedal off, the bush that holds the cable in place (the orange one in the picture) just crumbled to dust. So I found some thick rubber electrical mat at work and nicked a corner of it. A bit of stanly action and some sanding, and my pedal had a new bush. Then I just drilled a hole through it althogh the pic does not show this.

Back to the top
Tonight I got the pedal box on. The first thing to do was to remove a bracket with a spot weld drill.

Then just simply bolt the new pedal box in with 4 bolts, and put the steering columb back in.

Back to the top
Sorted :wink:

Back to the top
Then I gave the Golf a clean and fitted a single light grill. You can also see better the back lowered.

Also had these babys turn up today. Twin weber 45's set up for a 9A engine.

Also had a O2O 2Y gearbox turn up this week. 100mm drive shafts, 24mm input shaft and close ratio. Picture to follow.

Back to the top
Nice ! Where did you get the grill from ? Mine broke the other day & have been looking at these on the Crazyquiff

Baz  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
I got the grill from Ebay although I got ripped off with it. It was sold to me as chrome grill but it turned out it had the red GTI surround and it had just been rubbed back to bare metal. No chrome anywhere to be see  :x .

Back to the top
thats pretty bad actually but it still looks good mate. this thing is gonna be niceee! good work man.

Back to the top

Chidz said

I got the grill from Ebay although I got ripped off with it. It was sold to me as chrome grill but it turned out it had the red GTI surround and it had just been rubbed back to bare metal. No chrome anywhere to be see  :x .

Argh ! that sucks sorry to hear that dude, bayofthieves strikes again…

Baz

Back to the top
Ebay annoyed me just as much. After I contacted the seller asking for my money back he was not interested and quite smug about it. So I put a complaint in to ebay and they just kept sending me email saying "Try contacting the seller to resolve the issue" although I told them about 10 times I already had  :evil:

Anyway I thought I would put it on to see how it looked but I will be replacing it with a CrazyQuiffs one at some point.

Back to the top
well when you go to sell it hit me up. i need one :P DIBS!! haha

Back to the top

Back to the top
Just another quick update.

I got the fuel tank, filler pipe and tank straps back from being shotblasted and powdercoated. The man has done a sterling job as always.

Back to the top
Great project Chidz, the cars looking 100% better already. 8)

Is that a small light rear panel in one of your pictures?

Back to the top
Thanks buddy. Yeah it is a small light rear panel in the back of the car. I still carn't decide weather to use is or keep the big lights.   :D

Back to the top
hi chidz

cars looks good on the wheels mate - they look really clean and subtle - good job on the refurb

car looks cracking

mike

Back to the top
Thanks mike. The wheels came out really nice after powder coating. Not a mark on them. I went for the 185 tires you suggested and they look really good on them.

Back to the top
cool glad you were pleased with them - really suit the car

yeah i thought the 185's would just give that slight angled look over 195's

powder coating looks damn good too

keep up the good work

Back to the top
Good work! It looks so much better without the body kit and I love the wheels.

boomboomeroo said

well when you go to sell it hit me up. i need one :P DIBS!! haha

You beat me to it :lol:

Back to the top
Thanks mate. I think i should have an auction for the grill there is that many people want it  :D
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.