Skip navigation

A589 VGB (The Blue Beast)

Back to the top

A589 VGB (The Blue Beast)

No probs! :D Just have the line running beside the mount, no one will see it 8)

Back to the top
Right I have been neglecting the Golf recently due to me working away from home. But as the christmas holiday approches it means more time to spend on it (and money), so I have been shopping for parts.

First up a Varley Red Top 15 battery. Nice and small and should fit in the spare wheel well nicely.

To go with it a DMS 3 stage charger. The good thing with this is it can be left on the battery permantly and doesn't damage it so the battery is always charged when you havent used it for a while.

Terminal covers

Split box to mount next to the fuse box. This is so I can run the main cable from the boot to this, then onto the starter. Then I can take the power for the fuse box straight off this.

Also started to gather parts together for the air ride. Got these rear struts for a mk1.

Stay tuned for lots of work over christmas  :D

Back to the top
Right I haven't got much actual work done at all over christmas, all I managed was a few hours getting the fual side finished off.

One way valve fitted out of the pump.

An air filter on the tank breather. I also fitted a one way valve so it will suck air in but won't piss fuel out if the worst happens and I manage to role it.

Also fitted the fuel filter.

All that needs doing to the fuel side now is to connect the earth, get some self tappers for the fuel filter bracket, and get some different hose clips. I have found that if you use adjustable hose clamps they hit the inspection hole cover.

Ages ago I bought a small light rear pannel but forgot to put any pics up. It's a little ropey but savable, despite this I decided to get the half pannel from Big Boys Toys just to make a better job of it.

As I stripped the back end of the car ready to fit the pannel, I found some dreaded rust. I knew the fuel filler had rusted but I didn't realise it had rusted the tub as well, so I ordered one of those from BBT as well.

There is lots more stuff on order so watch this space.

Back to the top

Back to the top
Yeah I saw them too mate but the golf is on hold at the minute. I have bought a Lancia Delta Intergrale and want to do a bit of work on it. Might even have to sell the Golf although it will break my hart to.

Back to the top

Chidz said

Yeah I saw them too mate but the golf is on hold at the minute. I have bought a Lancia Delta Intergrale and want to do a bit of work on it. Might even have to sell the Golf although it will break my hart to.

dude! come on you nearly sold this before.  Did you get the turbo?  tell me its the Turbo version!

Back to the top
Yeah it's the one you want, the 2L 16V Turbo 4WD  :lol:

Pick it up on Saturday  :D

Back to the top

Chidz said

Yeah it's the one you want, the 2L 16V Turbo 4WD  :lol:

Pick it up on Saturday  :D

yea that is the one I want! you would fail by buying a non turbo version.   Sounds mint! what colour is it?  ill have one 1 day I think, if I can source parts for a series 1 golf GTI then I could probibly keep one of them on the road too….

Back to the top
Its black originally but is been badly painted in matt black by the last owner in Japan. It's going straight in the bodyshop when I get it to paint it black again. I will come and take you for a blast out when it's sorted.

Have you got an S1 now?

Back to the top
yup.  its complicated lol.

I thought I was splitting up with the mrs so was selling everything.  Weve managed to patch things up and I seen it for sale so bought it mate.  needs a bit of body work, im being a bit picky with this one so even tho the rear panel is solid im having it cut out and replaced with a NOS full small rear light panel ive just bought because the last owner decided to add a few custom smoothing, very subtle but spoils it imho

Back to the top
Awsome dude S1's are the future.

Back to the top
well there not, there like 30 years in the past but I know what you mean!!!….. I want to small bumper it tho but I don't know if I should weld up the holes in the rear 3 quarters and wings….. its a 79 gti.

Back to the top
Deff get small bumpers mate.

Back to the top

What happened next?

Hey Chidz,

I've just joined and was reading your adventure right up until yr last post… what happened next? So far it's been an amazing story so please let's have some more!  :banghead:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.