Skip navigation

83 mk1 gti resto (PORSCHE PEST) sadly everything for sale

Back to the top

83 mk1 gti resto (PORSCHE PEST) sadly everything for sale

I love this attention to detail in this build.

Back to the top
cheers Dave it was nice to meet you again ,mk1 owners are a bit few and far between in kent it seems so stay in touch mate :)

Back to the top
thanks very much road boss ,i wish i could speed up the build a bit and get some paint on her (great looking Rabbit buy the way)

Back to the top
All you there bud, just tried to call;)

Back to the top

vwvalver said

cheers Dave it was nice to meet you again ,mk1 owners are a bit few and far between in kent it seems so stay in touch mate :)

Of course mate  :D

MK1 Golf - 1.3l Driver
MK1 Golf - 1.8 GTI (Build Thread - Here)

Back to the top
Any updates Al?

MK1 Golf - 1.3l Driver

Back to the top
Al, whats going on with the build!?

MK1 Golf - 1.3l Driver

Back to the top
sorry there dave ive been off with sciatica for 3 weeks , gutted :banghead: i can,t get to the car let alone work on it

Back to the top

vwvalver said

sorry there dave ive been off with sciatica for 3 weeks , gutted :banghead: i can,t get to the car let alone work on it

That's a bugger! Must be awful!? I wish you a speedy recovery mate.

MK1 Golf - 1.3l Driver

Back to the top

With the loom out im unpicking the battery cables to run to the rear of the vehicle,the lighting loom to run a separate path and the wiper motor wiring cut and re joined to run up behind the dash board and to exit next to the wiper motor it self.

OK after a bit of hunting managed to get get hold of a couple of cabby electric windows and loom but no switches or control unit.for any of you out there in the same boat ive found out that early corrado switches work when used with the corrado control unit. :wink:

Back to the top
The late cabby and Corrado units are in fact the same module :-)

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
whilst doing the wiring a couple of of plugs were dodgy witch were in need of replacement ,i use some by a company called wourth ,I know there not factory but here,s what they look like if your thinking about doing something similar your  self

Back to the top
Just a couple of more shiny bits for the engine

Back to the top
The alternator looked a bit tired so im going to have it powder coated black to match the gear box witch changed to black a few weeks back so it picks out the chrome engine mounts a bit better.(I WISH I WOULD STOP CHANGING MY MIND HALF WAY THROUGH A BUILD)

Back to the top
Mate ur cars gonna look awesome wen it's dOne :)

Click on the link below to see my mk1 16v project

http://vwgolfmk1.org.u…-16v-project#post_1081899

Back to the top
Good work Al, and more importantly good to see you working on it again, hope your feeling better!

MK1 Golf - 1.3l Driver

Back to the top
Cheers Chipster ,did you get that email address I PM,ed you?

Back to the top
Hi there Dave the old backs still not right mate,  i am walking about again but not yet at work,these pics were taken about 5 weeks ago i thought id just add them.

Back to the top
Yeah I got ur email buddy, Do they not have a site I could look at? Also what did u have to do just send them ur part or did they have parts already chromed?

Cheers dan

Click on the link below to see my mk1 16v project

http://vwgolfmk1.org.u…-16v-project#post_1081899

Back to the top
Hi there Dan sorry mate i had a German mate help me out with the parts and that was the address that was on the flyer with the parts,but to buy and ship the parts its really expensive,i would recommend locating a more local company,make sure they use a good process and triple chrome the parts or it will peel off quicker than the England team stayed in Euro 2012  :wink:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.