Skip navigation

83 mk1 gti resto (PORSCHE PEST) sadly everything for sale

Back to the top

83 mk1 gti resto (PORSCHE PEST) sadly everything for sale

YER IVE STILL GOT THE ROOF AND SOME PANELS OFF THE LHASA GREEN ONE I BINNED AND JUST ABOUT EVERY THING ELSE INCLUDING A RE1900 16V LUMP FROM GTI ENGINEERING BUT THATS ANOUTHER THREAD LATER :D

Back to the top
HI THERE CHIPSTER I GOT THE CHROME BONNET CATCH OFF ZEE GERMANS I THINK I GOT A PROMO  FLIGHER  FROM THEM SOME WHERE I WILL PM YOU WITH IT IF I FIND IT AGAIN (LUV THE BUILD BUY THE WAY KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK)

Back to the top
Ok cheers mate, looks top notch stuff that does, Builds great btw buddy :)

Click on the link below to see my mk1 16v project

http://vwgolfmk1.org.u…-16v-project#post_1081899

Back to the top

vwvalver said

THIS CENTRE CONCEL USED TO BE BROWN BUT I TEXTURE COATED IT BLACK AND ITS LIKE NEW AGAIN

I ALSO TEXTURE COATED THE DASH UNDER TRAYS WHICH FRESHENED THEM UP

Looks great, what/how is 'texture coating' done?

Back to the top
HI KP73 IN ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION THE PRODUCT THAT YOU NEED IS (INNOTEC REPAPLAST STRUCTURE COAT) IF YOU GOT A SURFACE WITH A LIGHT TEXTURE TO IT ALREADY IT ENHANCES IT I.E BUMPERS /CHIN SPOILERS /WHEEL ARCHES AND SO ON.IF YOU DO USE IT THE TRICK IS THE FURTHER AWAY YOU SPRAY IT THE BETTER THE RESULTS .I HOPE THIS HELPS :)

Back to the top
Great, thanks.  I'll give it a go.

Back to the top
WHEN I CUT THE BATTERY TRAY OUT THE AIR FILTER HOUSING SUPPORT BRACKET WAS ATTACHED TO IT SO I UNPICKED IT FROM THE TRAY AND CLEANED IT UP READY FOR THE REFIT.

OFFERED IT UP TO THE GEARBOX MOUNTING TO MAKE SURE THE FILTER HOUSING SITS STRAIGHT

A COUPLE OF QUICK TACKS JUST TO HOLD IT IN PLACE FOR NOW.

JUST A COUPLE OF PICS OF THE SCUTTLE AND THE TURRETS AS I GOING TO SMOOTH THEM OUT.

Back to the top
A FEW MORE SPARKLY BITS

Back to the top
Awesome!! Lots of hard work there!!

Back to the top
THANKS FOR THE KIND COMMENT IT MAKES THE BUILD A BIT MORE WORTH WHILE WHEN OTHER PEOPLE TAKE TIME TO READ YOUR THREAD (SORRY FOR THE POOR QUALITY PICS BUY THE WAY)

Back to the top

THE GEAR LEVER DID,NT FEEL BAD BUT THE LINKAGE AND REBUILD KITS ARE SO CHEAP I THOUGHT I WOULD REPLACE IT

WITH THE PLASTIC TUBING REMOVED FROM THE GEAR STICK A COUPLE OF MINUTES RUBBING DOWN WITH WIRE WOOL AND IT CAME UP PRETTY NICE

I HAD SOME STEEL BAR KICKING AROUND FOR YEARS SO I CUT A SECTION OFF ,DRILLED ,TAPPED IT THREADED SOME ROD AND PLASTI COATED IT TO MAKE A WEIGHTED GEAR SELECTOR ROD

Back to the top
Looking good AL, should update my thread soon. Well once I have something to blog about.
Cannot wait to see the bay in paint. Hard work is starting to pay dividends my ol' mate!

Back to the top
cheers Si just finishing off the filler work and then wondering which way to go with the wiring looms,coz im using the 8v lump first while the other engine is being rebuilt (later) i suppose ill never hide a lot of the wiring except the lighting loom and battery cables.

Back to the top
Hi Al

Found your build thread! So much better seeing pics on here, rather then on a phone. Top work, really impressive.

MK1 Golf - 1.3l Driver
MK1 Golf - 1.8 GTI (Build Thread - Here)

Back to the top
THANKS MATE ITS TAKING ITS TIME OR RATHER IM TAKING MY TIME BUT ITS GETTING THERE.
IVE TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF A FEW SPARE HOURS TODAY AND MADE A BIT OF PROGRESS.

I FITTED THE WINGS JUST TO MAKE SURE IT ALL LINED UP BEFORE DOING THE FINAL WELDING OF THE FRONT PANEL WHICH WORKED OUT FINE HERE A FEW PICS.

Back to the top

Back to the top
Mate that's perfect, hats off brother bear!

Back to the top
cheers si i owe it all to your B and Q tape measure for the good gaping  :lol:

Back to the top
Does look straight mate, the gaps look great, I'll see you tomorrow.

Back to the top
Good to see this in the flesh today, good work, going to be amazing!

MK1 Golf - 1.3l Driver
MK1 Golf - 1.8 GTI (Build Thread - Here)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.