Skip navigation

82 GTI LHASA GREEN TIN TOP, to be something mad!!

Back to the top

82 GTI LHASA GREEN TIN TOP, to be something mad!!

Opps! Yeah don't crash it already 8O  :lol:  I had a prang in mine couple of months back after years of working on it :redfaced:

Did you get your brakes and the other jobs sorted?

Back to the top
not yet, he's having problems bleeding the brakes. sure it'l come good.
crashing would be a complete nightmare.

Back to the top

Get some big disks

Happy new year my friend its good to see your back on the case. If your bro's having trouble with the brakes just get some big disks on then bleed them eh :lol:

Back to the top
yep, back on it, need to get it done by the summer/show season, still lots to do.

Back to the top
finally got to have a proper drive today, first time since i've owned it and it runs sweet and i damn quick too.
had the brakes bled but snapped of one of the bleed nipples on the front caliper so i now need to get one of them, the rad leaks a bit so need to get one of those too.
the battery isn't charging, it may just be the battery but more than likely it's the alternator.

so this week i should have a full mot or at least another list of things to do :lol:

following that, it's will be going in for a full respray, to include 2 new wings, a new bonnet , 2 new doors and a new front panel, all genuine.

can not wait to see it in fresh paint :wink:

Back to the top
Look forward to seeing pics of the fresh paint, new Lhasa paint always looks good

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Those Zenders are hawn!  8)

MY80 GTI | MY07 GTI | MY10 S3

Back to the top

Lima said

Those Zenders are hawn!  8)
yeah, really pleased with how they came out.

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

Look forward to seeing pics of the fresh paint, new Lhasa paint always looks good
i live for that day mate, cannot wait :wink:

Back to the top
don't know if anyone on here is into there mk2 golfs but i put up a thread of mine in the non mk1 page
linky-
http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=95469

Back to the top
Likin the MK2, having a 'shall I buy a MK2' moment again!!

Nice clean look, love the retro reflector on the back. Looked like fun squeezing it in to the bar!

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

Nice clean look, love the retro reflector on the back. Looked like fun squeezing it in to the bar!

i know what you mean, i'm toying with the idea of getting a 90 spec mk2, or maybe a mk3 :dontknow:

Back to the top
loving both golfs mate, where did you get ur new brake lines from ?

Back to the top

79-85 said

Hairyarse said

i know what you mean, i'm toying with the idea of getting a 90 spec mk2, or maybe a mk3 :dontknow:

Cant make my mind up, was planning on getting a MK1 GTI to hoon about in whilst doing mine up but never owned a MK2!! Then again, another MK3 VR6 would be nice  8)

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

yffims said

loving both golfs mate, where did you get ur new brake lines from ?
got them from crazy quiffs bud, £60 i think.

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

79-85 said

Hairyarse said

Cant make my mind up, was planning on getting a MK1 GTI to hoon about in whilst doing mine up but never owned a MK2!! Then again, another MK3 VR6 would be nice  8)

must admit, a vr6 did cross my mind, never had one.

Back to the top

79-85 said

Hairyarse said

79-85 said

Hairyarse said

You wouldn't regret it mate, trust me. Here's my old one. http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=63481&highlight=toy

Stereo didn't get used much as engine sounds sooo sweet  8)

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

79-85 said

Hairyarse said

79-85 said

Hairyarse said

You wouldn't regret it mate, trust me. Here's my old one. http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=63481&highlight=toy

Stereo didn't get used much as engine sounds sooo sweet  8)

yeah thats nice H.A.

Back to the top
i am looking for 2 good/immaculate rear coarse grain arches. i have the fronts and these i set about cleaning.
first i scrubbed the whole arch with this..

my golfing wire brush, its perfect and got right into the grain without damaging the surface, even removed the over sprayed paint from the texture.
i then went over the arch with jiff (cif) cream cleaner, and then over the arch again with autoglym bumper restorer, the results are amazing..
the left one is the one that has been cleaned..

and both finished..

ready to go, just need the rears :dontknow:

Back to the top
looking good mate :) i love those wheels! you got my problem with the arch spats, except ive got both back ones and no front ones!!!

\'Check Your Nuts!\'  My partner has just been through an operation and chemotherapy for Testicular Cancer and is only 29. He had no lump or pain, just became swollen… If in doubt, get to the doctor!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.