Skip navigation

2.0l 16v charged - track action vid 7/9/09

Back to the top

2.0l 16v charged - track action vid 7/9/09

erm…. no its staying now  :lol:  as it should be fast enough for me again… and then wne i get used to it theres still more scope to up the power again only then will I get bored again…so give it a year or so  :lol:

Daily - 05 plate B6 A4 Avant S Line, with 19s for the summer.. wifes car - Rare Seat Exeo ST Sport 170 Tech
Weekend - MK2 20vt monster - Plus a mk1 caddy I am fixing for my bro

Back to the top
Progress soo far

engine and box in
Intercooler finally in - the front pannel needed a little modding for clearance…
Rad mount hole drilled and rad in and connected,
Wiring connected - most of it done, engine loom done, just got a couple of bits left to re-do and tape up
drive shafts connected,
battery tray found at the scrappy for the boot mounted battery
fuel lines cut ready - I did get fuel line but it was a tiiiiiny bit to small to fit over the orig lines  
fuel filter mounted and fuel lines connected,,
alternator mounted - the NEW aux belt was a tiiiiny bit too small so wont go on  so I need to get another tomorrow!!!

Jobs for tomrorow:
fit the new exhaust manifold and try to get it to mate to the exhaust…
finish the fuel lines,
finish the looms off
fit the battery in the boot and do the wiring for that
fit the header tank and fill the coolant system
connect 1 wire for the ecu
fit the boost gauge
then put the braces etc back on and refit the bonnet…

so not tooooo much

Daily - 05 plate B6 A4 Avant S Line, with 19s for the summer.. wifes car - Rare Seat Exeo ST Sport 170 Tech

Back to the top

M7R said

Jobs for tomrorow:
fit the new exhaust manifold and try to get it to mate to the exhaust…
finish the fuel lines,
finish the looms off
fit the battery in the boot and do the wiring for that
fit the header tank and fill the coolant system
connect 1 wire for the ecu
fit the boost gauge
then put the braces etc back on and refit the bonnet…

so not tooooo much

4 hours work. tops

Back to the top
:lol:  I love your optermism!

Back to the top
NEARLY there now!!!

by end of play today I had got the following extra jobs done:

ALL of the engine bay wrining is now done, inc a new power lead from the battery to the starter and replacing all of the old crap wiring in the engine bay!!! I eneded up doing loads!
the lower brace is back on,
header tank back on and the coolant filled up,
oil filter back on and oil filled,
air filter on,
bonnet catch modded to clear the intercooler so the bonnet now shuts properly,

I think thats about it…. all thats left now is to bolt the battery tray into the boot, and fit the earth wire and the clamp to the live wire, then refit the ARB, upper strut brace, bolt the ecu in place and the find out where to put the random wire from the ecu, then bodge the exhaust and its done! [LOL]

and as requested here pics…

Back to the top
Wicked

But does it run ?

:D

Back to the top

chudd said

Wicked

But does it run ?

:D

not yet - i've just been told… lol

good work tho mate….

now stop using excuses like its dark or raining and get out there and finish it… lol

Back to the top
you gotta love cable ties, they help everywhere, great job mate.

Back to the top
it STILL does not run!  :banghead:  I have a cranking issue where its sssoooo slow to turn over its unreal!I dont think its the battry but wil see if I can "borrow" a big one from work and see if that helps I guess.

ssoooo close!!

Back to the top
check the main earth strap

1983 Polo CL - daily

1984 Golf G60 Syncro - sold

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1992 Corrado G60 - crushed

1989 Polo C - chopped and crushed

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top
there are 2 engine bay earth straps now, one to the chassis leg as before and one goes to the bolt on the battery tray. both have been cleaned up, and should be dandy, the boot floor has also been cleaned till it was very shiney so that should be dandy too I hope,

Back to the top
hello mate, looking good in its new home, :)  :cry:  :cry:

your battery and alternator cable, is it the proper stuff or have you used amp power cable? as it looks like amp stuff.

also as per pm, mk3 8v gti high compression starter will help, but 1st thing would be to wack a booster on your battery

ahh one more thing, if you have tightened the charger belt too tight it will make it will crank slower and revvs will drop when you let go of pedal as you are adding more force against the crank,  so check this too, should have some flex on the belt but not too much.

Back to the top
is the battery in the boot? i'd chip away a bit of paint behind one of the bumper bolts and earth it to that.

1983 Polo CL - daily

1984 Golf G60 Syncro - sold

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1992 Corrado G60 - crushed

1989 Polo C - chopped and crushed

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top
thats how i had it, earth from battery to body should be kept as short as possible

Back to the top

G60RGE said

hello mate, looking good in its new home, :)  :cry:  :cry:

your battery and alternator cable, is it the proper stuff or have you used amp power cable? as it looks like amp stuff.

also as per pm, mk3 8v gti high compression starter will help, but 1st thing would be to wack a booster on your battery

ahh one more thing, if you have tightened the charger belt too tight it will make it will crank slower and revvs will drop when you let go of pedal as you are adding more force against the crank,  so check this too, should have some flex on the belt but not too much.

I used amp power cable but jock off big stuff! but I have seen read on the net that this is only good for 120amp and 750 watts, so maybe not enough….

the earth is in the boot, I drilled a hole in the boot floor, and using a grinding stone in the drill i cleaned a patch of the boot floor and then earthed to that.

the belt isnt too tight, theres some play in it so I dont think its that (you can easily twist it through 90deg on the longer runs)

the odd thing is my mate tried shorting out the starter when cranking and he said there was bigg spark jumping quite well, so im not sure if the power cable is the fault or not… I might just see if I can find some better stuff tonight, I have been told marine cable is better but not what spec.

Back to the top
To night he coughed noisly into life just before 9, I had to add 2 more relays and an extra wire but the ecu then played ball and turned the fuel pump on, then it was a case of make sure the batetrys fully charged and he slowly sun into the life!!!

tomorow I should be running a farrrrrr beefier power cable and this should sort the slow cranking issue when combined with a bigger battry borrowed from work.

then its just a case of find out why the oil pressure lights now blinking away (im sure the gauge was reading pressure but I will double triple check tomorrow) and then get the exhaust sealed up and hope he smooths out (he was a little bit lumpy and unwilling to idle or rev but I will let him off for now)

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Back to the top
thats great news, i used the cable out of a bmw e46 from a scrap yard, just the right length from starter to battery in the boot, then cut an old jump lead from starter to alternator..

make sure the oil pressure sensors are wired the right way around, yell and blue i believe, cant remember which went where im affraid.

with the belt as you describe sounds about right but if you hear it slip tighten bit by bit till it doesnt, then you know its right.

give it a couple of revs on start up, should idle after that.

thanks

Back to the top
I was wondering if i had the wires the right way round for the high and low pressure switches.. Ill double check tomororw,

It was starting to settle down when i give it a little blip but I dont think the exhaust being 1 pipe slotted in another is helping matters  :lol: fingers crossed with more than a few mins idling it will settle down.

also the superchargers got a good whine on it!!  :lol:  that will take some getting used to! it sounds like a straight cut box

Back to the top
id love to know what you think of the power once its on the road!

let us know

Back to the top
Supercharger

:mrgreen: Lovely ! …………….

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.