Skip navigation

2.0l 16v charged - track action vid 7/9/09

Back to the top

2.0l 16v charged - track action vid 7/9/09

Spudfingers said

What's the 0-60 on this thing… can't wait to see this in the flesh  :wink:

I have no idea on the 0-60… laste year at inters it was 8.something pants,  :oops:  and you dont want to see it in the flesh, its not mint  :lol:  (and the wings are just dirty btw. they are normally white  :lol: )

Daily - 05 plate B6 A4 Avant S Line, with 19s for the summer.. wifes car - Rare Seat Exeo ST Sport 170 Tech
Weekend - MK2 20vt monster - Plus a mk1 caddy I am fixing for my bro

Back to the top
I want to see it go… why 8 seconds  :scratch: looks faster with everything you've done… couldn't get the power down  :dontknow:

Back to the top

Spudfingers said

I want to see it go… why 8 seconds  :scratch: looks faster with everything you've done… couldn't get the power down  :dontknow:

the clutch was shot…. the pressure plate was weak and not clamping properly, it would be fine for ages and then start to slip again, all the way to Inters it was fine I get it serious death and nothing, do my 1 run up the strip and 1st is fine, second the revs just rocket to the limiter, back off, it grips back on the power revs rocket again, so I go into 3rd… hence the poor 1/4 mile and 0-60  :banghead:

im not running a new clutch plate and a mk2 16v pressure plate for higher clamping force so no more slipping  8)

- Heres a short vid from the spint a few weeks back a mate did for me and theres some from inters i think a few pages back where it just squeals all the way in 1st and part of second  :mrgreen:

round the back of the track near the trees I get to 7000rpm before I brake  :lol:

Daily - 05 plate B6 A4 Avant S Line, with 19s for the summer.. wifes car - Rare Seat Exeo ST Sport 170 Tech

Back to the top
well the mk1 has been on the road now with its new wings, and well it wasnt pretty…. they needed a little tweak as they were catching the tyre so they have been "adjusted" and the inner lip shaved down a bit, but I am yet to see how they clear as the weathers been too pants.

I have also got my new rear pads, this times its green stuff but in a low friction compond made for me  :D  so they will be going in next week if I get chance and the weather improves.

Back to the top
:clap: quality MR7, just played the video sounds lush, glad to see your using the 8v. Your worse than my missis is with shoes with the amount of wheels you have, like the ones you have on them now! keep up the good work.

Back to the top
Spotted your ash tray hangin out, my mate did this to mine. Saved 8 grams  :lol:

Back to the top
how much did the fiber glass bits cost and where did you get them from?
cheers gaz

keep on dubbing

Back to the top

beast said

Spotted your ash tray hangin out, my mate did this to mine. Saved 8 grams  :lol:

Gaz - in reply to your question the glass fiber bits I got from a guy on where who got them from ebay then changed his mind :lol: but they can be found on ebay for about ?140 delivered and the fits not too bad, its not mint like a steel wing, but tbh im not bothered for the 5kg or so saved and the fact I dont have to run with arch covers or worry about them rotting.

fancy making me one with a hole for the power socket?  :D

also I went for a burn this afernoon/eve in the mk1 as I finshed work early and due to the goodn weather it was an ideal time to try the new green stuff low mu rear brake pads, so they were dumped in and then I went for a burn up to the A6, out to Cromford then up across the moors to Buxton and then out to the Cat and Fiddle pass.

The initial signs were not good, with the brake bed in coating being too grippy and the rears locking up still too easily…at first with the cold fronts the rears were very very happy! but after some serious abuse and a number of stops on just the hand brake they are getting a little better, but I still think im going to have to use a mk2 brake bias valve  :(  so thats more fun building a bracket for that….

on the plus side I took some more pics while I was out and about (the old factory has been barrierd off now so I couldn't get in there  :(

Back to the top

M7R said

Really like this picture.

Back to the top
cheers dude, those pics were all taken with me C905 camera phone  :lol: not bad eh?

I have also been busy this weekend tidying little jobs.

I have had the inlet manifold off and the exhaust manifold off as I have never been 100% happy that the exhaust manifold has been right…..stripped it all down in a hour and low and behold the exhaust gaskets I used had been squashed out of shape, 1 showed signs of blowing - I had checked round them all at idle and couldnt feel anything apart from my felesh melting  :evil: and one had squashed out of shape and covered part of the port up! :evil:  :banghead:

so cleaned up the faces, got some new better exhaust gaskets that are all metal not some choc composites and put it all back together keeping a very careful eye on how they compressed.

first signs are good as it does seem to be a little smoother and less noisey at revs under laod, so thats a good sign  :D Ill go for a proper cruse today and just make sure im 100% happy with it  :)

Back to the top
well the mk1 is still for sale, but I am also starting to get the next bits ready for if it stays  :lol:  so if there is no firm offeres in the next month then I will be dropping on a big valve ported head and then looking for the magical laughing gas too  :twisted: … should make for a very potent 8v engine  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
there has been a HUGE shake up in plans!!!!!!! and i mean MASSIVE!!!

the mk1 development has stopped for now due to it 100% needing to be sold (but even after its gone i will still be on here! don't worry im not jumping ship ill still be here being a nerd for all  :D

the only jobs at the mo on the mk1 is the heat wrapping of the exhaust manifold as I am fitted new gen exhaust gaskets due to not being happy with the GSF ones, (there will be a guide in the next week for all on the removal and wrapping of the manifold and the rebuild) and replacing the steering column boot while the manifolds out..

then the rest of the summer will be spent enjoying it as it is and trying to sell it.

Back to the top
You gonna get another mk1? I bet you will miss it if you sell it. Saw it at dc09 8)

Back to the top

beast said

You gonna get another mk1? I bet you will miss it if you sell it. Saw it at dc09 8)

Sadly no Im getting a new R20 Rocco… I will miss the MK1, but i have 3 options really… if im feeling very flush at the time boris will be stored in the garage for a while, and Ill keep him with a view of something long term and mad being done to him, but id much rather sell him so some one else can use him and make use of all the bloody sweat, tears and money thats gone into setting him up

Back to the top
Will have to let us know how the rocco is.

Back to the top

welsh-mk1 said

Will have to let us know how the rocco is.

I will when I ffiinnnaaallllllyyyy get one!!!

but for now the mk1 will be having a run out at the weekend to make sure all is good for Inters and to make the most of it before he goes  :cry:

Back to the top
I love Boris, im tempted to try and sel teh cabby and buy it

Back to the top

jody said

I love Boris, im tempted to try and sel teh cabby and buy it

your more then welcome to come and have a look dude  8)

Today I nearly choked half the street out when the heat wrap round the exhaust was curing on the first start up  :lol: and then I reset the ignition timing to get it 100% spot on and now the idles even smoother (well as smooth as it can be with a 280deg cam in there, but its not that bad at all and today was happly climbing a hill in 5th at just over 30! 8O magic car!!!)

its just needs another wash now before inters  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
This week I have had a week off work… and to pass the time I have pulled the engine out  :lol: and going back in its place is a 9a 2.0L 16v running an Eaton super charger  and mega squirt  :lol:

the plan is to have it all in and running by friday!!! its going to be tight as today - thursday - I still need to do a cam belt change before the engine can go in, and finish heat wrapping the exhaust manifold  :?  gonna be tight if its done or not..

Back to the top
So does this mean your keeping it or you still going to sell it?

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.