Skip navigation

1981 Mk1 Diesel Resto project...

Back to the top

1981 Mk1 Diesel Resto project...

He says that the 2k was the "Discounted" price and now that I have annoyed him by saying that it wasnt up to the quality I was expecting, he has now removed the discount and it has risen to 5K.

It's all a load of rubbish and he doesnt have a leg to stand on. But it's causing a lot of stress and has put my project back until next year.

Czech yo'self before yo Rzech yo'self

1981 GL 1.6 Diesel Tintop
1987 GL 1.6 Petrol Cabrio

Back to the top
Bloody Ba*****

Man why dopnt you get a few fellow Dubbers from the club & lets go & get your car.

I am in if you want mate.
More than happy to help.

Cheers

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
we need a mk1 meet in northampton  :evil:
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
I am up for it. :wink:

Jim ??????

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
Ha, as much as I would like to give him what he deserves, I don't think it's a very sensible idea as when it goes to court, it will look bad on my part.

I appreciate the gesture though chaps! :D

Back to the top
You have a point mate,

Good luck with the case buddy & i hope all gets sorted in the end.

Cheers

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
Hello mate,

Hope all has been sorted ????

Cheers

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
I'm not having a go, but the fact that nothing was masked properly, and that the bay was not stripped properly would have rang alarm bells for me :(

I had mine sprayed inside and out, (apart from engine bay) and it cost £1800 all in inc prep etc, not £5000?

Anyway really hope you get this sorted, and don't let them get away with that :|

Pete.

Back to the top
Red Pete Which Garage did you use mate ???

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top

allana13 said

Red Pete Which Garage did you use mate ???

Central Bodyshop in Brislington, Bristol, they are more used to doing insurance work on saabs etc, but done a good job on mine, (they have done lots of older stuff to). Had a few micro blisters, after having the car in paint for 6 years and I went back and they were still happy to see about sorting it out.

There are a lot of places out there, but you really need to do your research, and get word of mouth recommendations from people that you know are reliable, and have a eye for detail. Any car can be sprayed cheaply, but many will not stand the test of time :wink: Oh and visit the business and speak to the people there, as first impressions can tell you a lot.

As said hope this gets sorted soon :|  

Pete.

Back to the top
Any news on this jim?

Back to the top
Hi all,

Thanks for your Interest in this and your encouragement…

I had my first court hearing yesterday as I have issued a return of goods order as he still has my car. He's counterclaimed saying that I owe him £9000 now for legal costs (as he had a solictor with him), storage fees, and interest. I am going to speak to my solicitor and find out if I have a chance of winning the case.

If not, sadly, I will have to pay what he is asking. Potentially, if I take him on, I could risk losing £20,000.

Bad times indeed.

Back to the top
Jesus Man,

I cant belive this. :banghead:

Who is this plonker. Man i wish you had taken it in writing from him what he has quoted. Even still he has no leg to stand on asking £9k

Let us know if we can help in any way.

Take care dude & all the best. :pray:

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
Sorry to hear this buddy. Hope all goes well for you. Keep us updated. Good luck!!

Rich

Back to the top
Cheers mate,

Actually I do have the original quote in writing for £2000, but he's claming an extra £2700 as "extra work" as he had to weld some rear arches on and weld a plate in the door.

Back to the top
Did he do that "extra work" without informing you? Or without telling you an extra price? £2700 seems VERY steep to me for a bit of welding if I'm being honest.

Back to the top
He said to me that the rear arches were shot and it would be easier to weld new ones on than use filler. I paid for the arches and he welded them on. He never mentioned that it would be extra and when he said easier, one would presume less man hours, thus cheaper.

Back to the top
I think you have a good case on your side mate Since you had the orignal quote in writing from him.

Hope its all sorted.

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
Even so £2700 extra is a con.

God help us from these con men.

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
He was also on the front page of the local paper the other day as he was sent to prison for letting his dangerous dogs run riot. Of his two month sentance, he served two days.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.