Skip navigation

1980 Mars Red GTI BRMotorsport 142

Back to the top

1980 GTI

looks mint when you going to debue it ?

Back to the top
alright mate, love the car, I've seen it before somewhere, looks awesome!

wish mine was as tidy, it will be oneday, its just a long ongoing project.

have you ever heard of the NWVAG meets?

Back to the top
Looks great. Bet your really pleased with the results. x

:wink:

Back to the top
Back from holiday now, and I'm planning the next phase of detailing.
Just bought another daily driver and hopefully sold my mk2 GTI.
I will of course update the thread as I go along. It is the cleaning and detailing of the interior next, with some waxing and polishing of the bodywork of course….

1983 Black GTI

Back to the top
anything new happening with this?  8)

Back to the top
AWESOME!!!!  I love this GTI!

Back to the top
beautiful mk1!!!!! perfect

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
just read this thread again!

awesome mk1!!! 100% perfect

and like someone said in the thread

'standard but good stance with nice wheels is the best look there is'

Back to the top
wow that is one gorgeous MK1 top work

84\' Volkswagen Golf C - Planned either 1.8 20VT or 1.9 TDI PD130

58\' Seat Leon 2.0TDI 16V PD170 - 240BHP here i come

Back to the top
What news Ben, is this still mothballed?

Back to the top
Thats bloody nice!

Mk1 Golf Gti Abf conversion Project
Mk2 Golf Gti 16v
Mini Cooper S R53 (Daily)

Back to the top

ChrisVYH said

What news Ben, is this still mothballed?

Hidden away from the salt until May, then I'll put 6 months tax on and enjoy again.

I open the garage and fire it up every few weeks and always walk away with a smile on my face.

1983 Black GTI

Back to the top
WOW simpily stunning!

Back to the top
Thank you.

It's still here and looks exactly the same, which is reassuring, given the amount of time and effort she absorbed.

Anyway, she's moving into her own house in the next few weeks!
I've been busy with other things in life, but never let the car go. I have bought another house with a separate outbuilding so that I can store her properly, and start to use the car on a more regular basis through the summer months from now on.

Once I've moved house, I'll get some fresh pictures up, which will be significantly better than previous ones, as I actually have access to decent cameras and PC's now!

I actually have enough storage for another car, and I'm trying hard to resist a very tempting local 1978 mk1 with a mk3 turbo diesel engine project in Alpine White…

1983 Black GTI

Back to the top
Good to hear you still have it and it's looking exactly the same .
I have been using your thread for refrence of putting mine back together ,fitted the screen decal after following your advise on fitting it. Took a little while but  came out well .

What product did you use to stick the gti arches on ,I need to do the same as my arches are also rolled.

Look forward to seeing some new picture's .

76 ?
78 gls
83 gti 5v

Back to the top
This car is pretty much how I expect mine will look when I can get that far.  Its amazing and a real credit to you ben

I bet your made up with it…

Back to the top

mark83 said

What product did you use to stick the gti arches on ,I need to do the same as my arches are also rolled.

I actually didn't need to use any at all. I was going to use bodykit glue, but would rather run it without.
I carefully considered and calculated how much (read how little) arch was actually needed to hold the plastic arch trim in place. I think it uses the first two holes from each end of the trim and the rest has been removed. Due to the shape of the the trim, it actually kind of holds itself there. The effect of this, is that it looks original from the roadside, but there's nothing where it matters. Be careful to leave a tiny lip on the inside edge of the plastic trim or it will be in danger of losing its rigidity/shape.
Remember that the rear wheel actually travels forwards in the arch as it travels through its compression. So, more metal, and plastic will need removing from the front edge if you're going low. This is actually visible from certain angles at the roadside.

Lee_dub said

It's amazing and a real credit to you ben

I bet your made up with it …

Thank you.

I love it to bits as I've exercised so much constraint with this one, but I can see some engine work on the horizon in her new home…

…stock looking but fast, of course!

1983 Black GTI

Back to the top
Just dug up this old thread after having pictures saved of your motor from another forum. Look's fantastic, stance is incredible. I'll get my stance exactly like that when I can :) Fantastic job

Back to the top
Any updates to this one Ben?

the seats you sold me are still looking Ace BTW :D

cheers Ash

Back to the top
Big decision…
Wheels are now for sale with 2 spare centres. See classifieds for any details.

New KW variant 1's ordered too, as the FK's seals have blown in the front shocks. They were probably stood for too long. I was going to opt for H&R, but KW just seem to have it together more.

I'd like to lift the ride height a little and get the correct front spoiler on. They look so much better with the deeper spoiler.

1983 Black GTI
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.