Skip navigation

SATURDAY 4th SEPT - NW convoy to Blackpool Illuminations

Back to the top

SATURDAY 4th SEPT - NW convoy to Blackpool Illuminations

Thanks Chris.
      You did a grand job. It did'nt help to ease the pain on the way home after realising that I could have helped on the way to a new record for the region. Sorry to let you all down, it wont happen again? Cheers. John.

Back to the top

Back to the top
Dano, has your 8mm cine reel come back from developing yet? Want to see the Drive-Thru footage  :wink:

I no longer have the Mk1!! I now whizz round in a Black 1990 3dr Mk2 GTi 8v but the roof doesn't fold back when the sun shines :o

Back to the top

kavlfc said

Dano, has your 8mm cine reel come back from developing yet? Want to see the Drive-Thru footage  :wink:

Yeah come on Dano. as I said I have got the kit to do it and the Youtube account to get it up there.

Cant wait to see it, I was 2nd.  Ordered food  and paid and had to slam on as I nearly drove straight past the collection window in all the excitement :redfaced:  :lol:

Back to the top
8O

:roll:  

:lol:

I no longer have the Mk1!! I now whizz round in a Black 1990 3dr Mk2 GTi 8v but the roof doesn't fold back when the sun shines :o

Back to the top
Is A5OPY a TV presenter?…… if not…. why not  :mrgreen: … lovely jubly… still not matching our Milton Keynes record though without video evidence…. let's see the vid, lets see the vid, lets see the vid  :mrgreen:

Back to the top

Spudfingers said

Is A5OPY a TV presenter?…… if not…. why not  :mrgreen: … lovely jubly… still not matching our Milton Keynes record though without video evidence…. let's see the vid, lets see the vid, lets see the vid  :mrgreen:

See my earlier post, not many places develop 8mm cine film anymore so could be a bit of a wait, I believe he took it to Max Spielman's and they just laughed  :wink:

As Charles and Eddie once sang Spud, 'Would I lie to you?'  :lol:

Back to the top
8O …… what is this thing you call "tape"?

Back to the top
:dontknow:  :dontknow:  :dontknow:  :dontknow:  :dontknow:

I'll google it  :lol:

Back to the top

kavlfc said

:dontknow:  :dontknow:  :dontknow:  :dontknow:  :dontknow:

I'll google it  :lol:

It seems to be some sort of fragile material that people ran around woods with leaving big ribbon type things floating arround in the wind….. it also says here "Also used to capture moving images"… maybe many people got trapped in the woods on that ribbon  :dontknow: …. some sort of 1940's spider web for people??  :dontknow: …. all seems very strange to me I have to say…

Back to the top
Just had a horrible feeling our Drive-Thru's gonna be in sepia  :|

Back to the top

Spudfingers said

you can clearly see 13 and a corrado on the way to mc D's in my video post  above  :wink: I'm at No 10 with mi lights on  :D

my attempt at who's who (could be slightly out on a couple)
1.  kavlfc
2.  Carling
3.  Byrneybob
4.  littlerolf
5.  mancity1968
6.  dubgolf2010
7.  dano
8.  andybury
9.  MOOREY
10. PNERivage
11. Leey  
12. markoggy
13. A5OPY

14. gtime(in the corrado)
15. Yomp (in the black estate) off shot

Back to the top
Hi folks i just want to say thanks for a great day out in blackpool it was really nice to names to faces and meet some really great people. It was just a shame we only equaled milton keyns drive through chalange. But i have to say well beat em next year :mrgreen:

I have finally sorted out the video from dobbies but i dont think its great as i was stood from the wrong angle let us know what u
think.

Ive got some pics as well that i will post up soon.

Hope you all enjoy.

Banner

Back to the top
Here are the pics

Enjoy :mrgreen:

Banner

Back to the top
Also heres a vid from driving down the golden 6 mile run :mrgreen:

Banner

Back to the top
Been busy all week. I've got it onto disc now so it'll be a montage of both the Dobbie footage and the Challenge event…. if it works ok. Now on attempt 3 cause I didn't upload correctly!  :redfaced:

Hey, it took me 2 years to work photobucket so don't hold your breath!!  :lol:

Back to the top
Some cracking photos there DubGolf2010  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Is it me or does piccie #2 makes you think Bonnie & Clyde  :lol:  :wink:

andybury hogging the shots there  :wink:

It was nice to see some of you actually made the Illuminations  :redfaced:   :redfaced:

I really don't know what went wrong when we ground to a halt at Cleveleys  :dontknow:  :dontknow:
I've done that same run from Fleetwood with wife and kids at that time last couple of years no probs so I'm at a loss as to why that happened  :|

Anyway, if I'm allowed I'm happy to organise next year's  8O  8O  8O

Heads up, probably first weekend in September Sat / Sun thing, will look into camping in the area and it'll be more kiddie friendly  :mrgreen: Plenty of B & Bs available in the area  :D
It's fun driving, but strapped in 'til we're there ain't all it's cracked up to be  :lol:

Glad you all enjoyed it, must admit though if we'd have seen John Cleese thrashing a Morris 1100 with a branch it wouldn't have surprised me  :lol:  :lol:

Chris

Back to the top

Dano said

Been busy all week. I've got it onto disc now so it'll be a montage of both the Dobbie footage and the Challenge event…. if it works ok. Now on attempt 3 cause I didn't upload correctly!  :redfaced:

Hey, it took me 2 years to work photobucket so don't hold your breath!!  :lol:

:doh:

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=79843

Taking into account the closing date for the 'challenge', will we have it by then???????????

Back to the top
Unoffical video of Drive through taken by my daughter.

Turn up Sound :lol:

Back to the top
Good pics & vids.

Not many tin tops in the NW then :lol:

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.