Skip navigation

SATURDAY 4th SEPT - NW convoy to Blackpool Illuminations

Back to the top

SATURDAY 4th SEPT - NW convoy to Blackpool Illuminations

I'm back in work now  :|

A BIG THANK YOU to each and everyone of you who turned up yesterday, it was good to meet you all  :mrgreen:

So after meeting up, Mr Chairman had an idea  8O Why not go to Dobbies Garden Centre to prove a rose arch WILL go in a Mk1 Golf (Remember Top Gear of a few weeks ago). So after he went and blagged the manager a rose arch was provided and a photo / video shoot set up front of store where crowds gathered and the arch was successfully put in a Mk1  :mrgreen:

Then we found a celebrity :

Diarmuid Gavin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  8O

He declined the opportunity to be photographed with the car and the gang as he is under contract to another car manufacturer (jap crap)

So after the garden centre off we tootled to Fleetwood for burger frenzy, again apart from only equalling the MK total of 13, success (although after long and hard deliberation I'm going to submit 14 as a nice Corrado was our rear gunner and actually if a Jetta's a Mk1 with a boot a Corrado's a Golf Coupe  :wink: )

After a feed and toilet break we meandered down to the front for pitch and putt, bugger it was closed  :banghead:

We stood talking for a while until Dano found out the Crazy Golf was still open and we did combine the words crazy and golf with aplomb  :lol: Kim (littlerolf) came out the winner although we do suspect Ken Dodd's accountant had filled out her scorecard  8O

At half 7ish it was time to set off for the Illuminations  :roll:  :roll: Having made good progress as far a Cleveleys the world then came to a halt although this did help a little for us cabby owners as it started spotting with rain  :banghead: We were going nowhere fast so a re-route was decided on, by-passing the Illuminations although some of us did spot the top of the Tower from a couple of miles away  :|

Off to the Chippy they went, sorry I couldn't join you folks but I hope you enjoyed the day and are looking forward to next year  8O  8O  8O

I post my pics up tonight when I get home  :wink:

Chris

I no longer have the Mk1!! I now whizz round in a Black 1990 3dr Mk2 GTi 8v but the roof doesn't fold back when the sun shines :o

Back to the top
Brilliant effort well done….. can't deny I'm chuffed you didn't beat the record but with 13 mk1's that's awesome.  Get those pics/vids up  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Spud, the footage is on my video camera (tape) so it's going to force me to learn how get it onto disc and then YouTube!

It may take a while!!!!

Back to the top
Well if the few that either ducked or turned up in non Mk1s had we'd have had 20 easy 8O

Alas it wasn't to be but a valiant effort by all  :clap:

I no longer have the Mk1!! I now whizz round in a Black 1990 3dr Mk2 GTi 8v but the roof doesn't fold back when the sun shines :o

Back to the top

kavlfc said

Well if the few that either ducked or turned up in non Mk1s had we'd have had 20 easy 8O

Alas it wasn't to be but a valiant effort by all  :clap:

Kav… 13 mk1's is awesome bud!!!!!  Brilliant turn out!!!!

Dano if you need help putting it on youtube I can help you.  Any help needed with it give me a shout bud  :wink:

Back to the top
Well do and Cheers Chris for sorting this I have some vid that Julie took I will see if i can get it on tonight.

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
Got back about an hour ago. Went back to Blackpool for the day and now my daughter is addicted to gambling!

A very enjoyable weekend was had by all and was good to put some faces to names!

I shall post some more pics /vids later as most are on my daughters camera but i did manage to get this one myself……

:lol:

Back to the top

Dano said

Spud, the footage is on my video camera (tape) so it's going to force me to learn how get it onto disc and then YouTube!

It may take a while!!!!
I have got the set up at mine dano…  get the tape to me or camera with it on and I can sort it

cheers
Tony

Back to the top

Yomp said

What a great photo full of fun would make a good caption comp!

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
We had a great time got home about 1.45 thanks to road works on the m62!  Thanks for organising it chris.

Yorkshire Region Host

Mk1 Cabriolet 1500 (under resto)

Mk1 GTI

Back to the top
And here's some of my piccies :

We can do it if we B & Q it
 :mrgreen:

Next stop Dobbies Garden Centre . . . .

So you can't get a rose arch in a Mk1 eh?????????????

Never mind replacing The Stig, others are after the main gigs

Time for a bite to eat, and a bit of Drive-Thru chaos!!!!!!!

A rueful look as he realises his Ryder Cup place has gone!

Back to the top

blackpool lights

hi all had a great day nice to meet a few new faces just reading posts shame you had to bypass lights didnt make them ourselves due to breaking down on route to meet back up with you apparently my timing belt had slipped a notch 2 hrs home on the back of an aa wagon oh well at least got to see the lights  :lol: FLASHING ORANGE ONES  :lol:

Back to the top
:doh:  :doh:  :doh:

I feel kinda responsible  :redfaced:

I PROMISE next year's will be better  :pray:  :pray:  

I have a plan  8O

Back to the top

Re: blackpool lights

byrneybob said

hi all had a great day nice to meet a few new faces just reading posts shame you had to bypass lights didnt make them ourselves due to breaking down on route to meet back up with you apparently my timing belt had slipped a notch 2 hrs home on the back of an aa wagon oh well at least got to see the lights  :lol: FLASHING ORANGE ONES  :lol:

hi all. we had a great time as well,pity my steering rack decided to try and prop off  :cry:

same for me the only lights we saw were on another aa wagon!

not to worry my parts and labour policy will cover the cost.

(definately one to look into mr chairman)

Mk1 golf GTI cabriolet 1.8. Helios blue. born 02/08/1990.

Back to the top

Re: blackpool lights

markoggy said

byrneybob said

hi all. we had a great time as well,pity my steering rack decided to try and prop off  :cry:

same for me the only lights we saw were on another aa wagon!

not to worry my parts and labour policy will cover the cost.

(definately one to look into mr chairman)

Certainly is Mr Chairman sir  8O

Parts and Labour warranty . . . . . . . . . . what's that all about  :dontknow:  :dontknow:

Sounds good though  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
great day, cant wait till next time..

A friend of mine offered to film us driving past st.annes pier..  even though we were an hour later than planned (Top Gear at Dobbies) he stuck around to wait for us..  cheers Ian I owe you one :D

tony

my attempt at who's who
1.  kavlfc
2.  Carling
3.  Byrneybob
4.  littlerolf
5.  mancity1968
6.  dubgolf2010
7.  dano
8.  andybury
9.  MOOREY
10. PNERivage
11. Leey  
12. markoggy
13. A5OPY

14. gtime(in the corrado)
15. Yomp (in the black estate) off shot

Back to the top
Hi all, was a great day out. was nice to meet u all

Back to the top
it was good to meet you guys, hope to join you again  next year in a mk1 (i was in the mk1 coupe!) cheers for lettin me tag along!

Back to the top
good day out thanks alot nice to put name 2 faces. count me in 4 next year.

Back to the top
:D  :D  :D    

What a grand day out! Total enjoyment,meeting people with the same interest and we were made to feel very welcome,defo up for it again .Good to put faces to names.Yvonne fancys a Cabby now! must say viewing the illuminations topless appeared to be very appealing,(ROOF DOWN CALM DOWN NOW.)Hmmm good excuse to aquire another Mk1 Golf?well the Passat is surplus to reqirements now.Any how those who couldnt make it you missed out lets push the numbers higher next time.Many thanks Chris for organising this and thanks to all the members there for making us welcome on such a good day.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.