Skip navigation

Milton Keynes 2nd March 2010

Back to the top

Milton Keynes 2nd March 2010

:D see you all tonight guys

just hope I make it back home again!  :lol:

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
Nice one Phil… couldn't find my camcorder this morning.  Going to have another look later.  I've got my mk1 WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!  Please don't collapse my bearings…. please don't collapse my bearings… they don't beleive I have a mk1… please oh mighty MK1 Golf God in the sky… let me go to the meet in my MK1 tonight  :pray:

MK1 golfs all together in MK IKEA car park for the win!!!!!   :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Lol

camcorder?  8O Ok you've got to swear to me there will be no filming when Lucifer fails to start at going home time!  :lol: (figured I MUST have some sort of anti-christ MK1 so Lucifer is a fitting name)

Back to the top

PhillTMK1GTI said

Lol

camcorder?  8O Ok you've got to swear to me there will be no filming when Lucifer fails to start at going home time!  :lol: (figured I MUST have some sort of anti-christ MK1 so Lucifer is a fitting name)

LOL…. Yes I promise not to get your car on camcorder when it doesn't start (T&C apply such as it's Zambo on the camera and not me and he WILL get that on camera lol lol lol)

Found the camcorder so all is well !!!

Couple of things peeps:-

Just to remind everyone … don't speed into or out of the car park as we need to make sure IKEA keep letting us attend this wicked venue.  

When you get to IKEA we will be in the lit car part under shelter at the bottom right.

I'm excited just to be in a mk1 lol  :lol:

Back to the top
spud your letting me down no vectra lol :P

you dont want to see me angry im like noddy with a headache.

Back to the top

Spudfingers said

This is tomorrow ladies and gents  :mrgreen:

I'm picking the mk1 up from my parents this afternoon and taking it for a spin to make sure it's running ok (had a collapsed bearing last time I done that - that sounds sore doesn't it  :redfaced: …. hi doctor… I'm afraid I may have just collapsed my bearing  8O ).  Still got super slow windscreen wipers lol… I have to move my head side to side while they'r on… must look like I'm bouncing to really slow reggae music mon!!!

Alan you bringing the kettle?  Want me to bring bits and bobs?  Everyone to bring a mug as usual bud?

Looks like a lot of us have our motors back  :lol: …. GET IN!!  Big meet tomorrow then… Zambo Speilberg on the vid camera me thinks… Bruce on the old stills??

yes :D

Back to the top
i'm having  ROOF-DOWN day today, so might show up smothered in clothes later, have my gloves and scarf with me just in case :D

having roof down is having a beneficial effect….is drying my seats out!! have been  driving around sitting on a plastic bag and a teatowel so my jeans don't get wet… works a treat.

downside of sunny day:
have just noticed undercoat on my osf alloy :"(

i have gingerbread biccies for this evening too.

BEWARE KY05 UCO, blind and deaf white haired driver of red transit, avoid at all costs, he thinks running cars on to the verge is ok. i'm fine, car's fine, mood and make up not so good.

Back to the top
Alan with the kettle, me with tea, coffee etc… lessy-jim with biscuits… get in… EVERYONE bring a mug if you want tea.  Alan I'll bing the water and milk too.  Camcorder on charge… can't wait for the good weather to catch the cuises on film again   :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Me and Zambo are leaving Northampton at about 7pm so see you all at 7:30pm-7:45pm  :lol: .  Drive safe.

Back to the top

simmo88 said

HAHAHAHAAA… come on simmo…. I can't pretend it's a mk1 for another six months lol  :wink:

Back to the top

Spudfingers said

simmo88 said

HAHAHAHAAA… come on simmo…. I can't pretend it's a mk1 for another six months lol  :wink:

im still pretending lol in my beige vectra lol :P

you dont want to see me angry im like noddy with a headache.

Back to the top
see you soon folks  :D

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)

Back to the top
Brilliant meet that!!!  Nice meeting our newbies simmo and JellyBelly thanks for coming along lads and hope you come to April's meet.

Alan thanks for the drinks mate and lessy-jim's biccy's!!

Jelly I owe you a beer or four at the AGM fella and hope you manage to get that Gazibo in a field near you somewhere lol… planning permission pending mind lol.

Brilliant meet and loved catching up… photo's and vid up in next couple of days… I'll update as soon as it's done…

Phill were you ok mate?  Should have passed on my mobile number in case you got stuck!!

Back to the top
i've only made it home safe and sound

good old Eric didn't miss a beat

was good meet defo worth the travel :)

Banner

Back to the top
hope vid works… I've put it in the shows section HERE

Cheers,

Spud

Back to the top
:cry: guess where I was for a lot of last night

under the bonnet!  :banghead: couldn't get it to start, had spark and tried to fire a couple of times.. pulled the injectors and seems 2 were not working, swapped them around and the fault followed the injectors so spent ages trying to make the best out of some old ones I have kicking about

it's running again now but a spits a bit, makes me wonder if I'll ever get the fueling sorted out and have a reasonably reliable Mk1…

will try and make the next one though guys

Back to the top
Sorry you couldn't make it Phill. Next time matey! Have you had a look in the tank and checked pressures, etc?

Banner

Back to the top
pressures still doing the same (didn't get around to checking the metering head's plunger or cold start injector for leaks.. that's my job for later)

I have a feeling I might have put some dirty fuel in from the jerry can I use and it sucked some bits through, serves me right for not cleaning the can out I guess.. might be in for some new injectors now too, least that's an easy job

kind of expected some teething issues, hopefully they'll be all sorted this month

Back to the top
Thanks to everyone who attended yesterday, i counted 11 mk1's in cabby, tin or caddy shape.

Hope everyone got home ok

Lessy your cab looks fantastic (cleaner than my engine bay)

I dont think Zambo will get in my mk1 again though  :mrgreen:

We missed the Funk and Nickl  :dontknow:

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)

Back to the top

ant5 said

We missed the Funk and Nickl  :dontknow:

… no we didnt.

Weber,ATS,Apex,Ripspeed,Supersprint,K&N MOMO..tbc
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.