Skip navigation

Knockhill Scottish speedfair & classic festival 2011 - m

Back to the top

Knockhill Scottish speedfair & classic festival 2011 - m

bawbag said

i am keen whats the details etc? thanks, Pete.

Your more than welcome.all details are in this post.
Cheers barry

Back to the top

bazmk1 said

bawbag said

Cheers barry

Ok cheers,

I take it your all coming down from up north of Knockhill? I'll be driving from Edinburgh or Dunfermline following my old man who is working in the control tower for the day.

So can i parkup with you guys or do we all have to meet up before hand?

Pete.

Back to the top

bawbag said

bazmk1 said

bawbag said

Cheers barry

Ok cheers,

I take it your all coming down from up north of Knockhill? I'll be driving from Edinburgh or Dunfermline following my old man who is working in the control tower for the day.

Pete.

hi
we were there last year & it really is one of the most relaxed classic car events.as long the fords havnt invaded our space ha ha.turning up late you will hopefully get parked next us.I will try move a cone to reserve you a space
Sent from nokia

Back to the top

bazmk1 said

bawbag said

bazmk1 said

bawbag said

Cheers barry

Ok cheers,

Pete.

hi
we were there last year & it really is one of the most relaxed classic car events.as long the fords havnt invaded our space ha ha.turning up late you will hopefully get parked next us.I will try move a cone to reserve you a space
Sent from nokia

Awesome mate thanks, I guess i will be there at the crack of dawn if my dads coordianting the racing! I will ask on the gate where all the MK1's went  :lol:

cheers,

Pete

Back to the top
I dont think i'll be parking next to you all this time. Had a bit of an argument with a fiesta last week the polos not looking so good :(

Back to the top

ross_m said

I dont think i'll be parking next to you all this time. Had a bit of an argument with a fiesta last week the polos not looking so good :(

hope the polo is going to be ok, was looking forward to seeing it  8)

Update from me about the meet, plan is going to Dundee for the weekend and meeting up at broxden services with the other mk1s  8)  Still got a fuel pipe to sort on the golf, hope the weather stays nice.

Mars red 1982 16v KR Conversion!

View topic: My 1982 16v - The Mk1 Golf Owners Club

Back to the top

MK1Allan said

ross_m said

hope the polo is going to be ok, was looking forward to seeing it  8)

Update from me about the meet, plan is going to Dundee for the weekend and meeting up at broxden services with the other mk1s  8)  Still got a fuel pipe to sort on the golf, hope the weather stays nice.

nice one , see you sunday

Back to the top

Back to the top
hi

looks like we are parked on the Tar this year  :D
ross if you dont want to pay £15 at the gate just jump in one of our cars if you like at Broxden - £5 for passengers (payment to Knockhill :lol: ) , the option is there
I take it more than just a scratch with the old skool polo :dontknow:

cheers
barry

Back to the top
Thanks for the offer. I think i'll still come along in the polo though. The n/s/f wing was dented in. I managed to knock it out but the paint has chipped off. I covered it up with a big sticker for some scene points. It needed a new wing anyway but the chrome trim piece that broke is like finding hens teeth :(   Not looking its best

Started work on the rusty 4 door you will remember from last year by the way

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=74174&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Back to the top
Go for it Ross  , glad the polo is going na make it  8)

cheers
baz

Back to the top
Update

I am travelling down with a Silver mk1 Gti  8) will make the journey more interesting :wink:."Paul&Noreen" please make them welcome.

cheers
baz

Back to the top
"Meet at 8:45 at Broxden service station"
were leaving at 9:00

Back to the top
Hi

really looking forward to tomorrow , I have worked it out ( sent a few pms etc ) & i am expecting up to 10 cars now , brilliant  :D
Another local near me is also meeting us there , Alan in a lhasa green mk1 gti  8) , please make him welcome.

cheers
baz

lets see who can murder the most insects on the way down  :lol:

Back to the top

Tomorrow

Looking forward to tomorrow. Just about to step outside with a beauty of a hangover to Clay my car and give the engine a once over. Dedication…   I'm hoping the therapy of Claying will make the loud noises in my head go away….

Back to the top

Re: Tomorrow

Gazza73 said

Looking forward to tomorrow. Just about to step outside with a beauty of a hangover to Clay my car and give the engine a once over. Dedication…   I'm hoping the therapy of Claying will make the loud noises in my head go away….

At least your rough today, I have an all day party today so tomorrow will be interesting and I have no time to even wash my golf before tomorrow but it is hopefully clean enough

Back to the top

Possible Late Addition ?

Never been to Knockhill before but have just been tidying up my 1991 Black Mk 1 Clipper Cabrio for sale, and went on the forum to ask a niggling question over an intermittent fuel flow problem, and found this link. Despite the expected poor weather tomorrow thought I might travel through from Glasgow direction and see what its like and maybe someone can offer some advice/suggestions to my problem so I can fix it and sell with confidence !
[hr]
Is there a limit to the numbers/any need to 'register'  or could I 'squeeze' in ? What's the score at the gate ? … entrance fee or need to quote Mk1 Owners, etc ?

Thanks,

Bill

Black Cabby

Back to the top

Re: Possible Late Addition ?

wpa said

Never been to Knockhill before but have just been tidying up my 1991 Black Mk 1 Clipper Cabrio for sale, and went on the forum to ask a niggling question over an intermittent fuel flow problem, and found this link. Despite the expected poor weather tomorrow thought I might travel through from Glasgow direction and see what its like and maybe someone can offer some advice/suggestions to my problem so I can fix it and sell with confidence !
[hr]
Is there a limit to the numbers/any need to 'register'  or could I 'squeeze' in ? What's the score at the gate ? … entrance fee or need to quote Mk1 Owners, etc ?

Thanks,

Bill

Hi

if you can meet us at broxden service station at 8:45 , i can give you a ticket , otherwise its a pretty relaxed event for late entrys but i cant guarantee you will get parked next to us , that will be 3 parking places i will be guarding from the fords  :lol:
display Car & driver are free passengers in display cars are £5 , otherwise £15 on-the-day per person

cheers
baz

pm sent

Back to the top
I would just like to apologise to baz for not turning up today after all the effort he has put in, I had too much to drink at a house party yesterday in the sun and no way could I try and drive this morning. I am not a big drinker so it killed me with the amount I drunk.

I hope all that went had a great day and I am gutted to miss it especially as my golf is cleaned, loaded, fueled up and ready to go:-(

I will learn to say no to another pint some day

Chris

Back to the top
sorry for not coming completely forgot after a busy week was looking forward to it as well feel like such an idiot :P
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.