Skip navigation

(NWM21) Definite north west meet! yay!

Back to the top

(NWM21) Definite north west meet! yay!

Dano said

I undersatnd paul being out on a limb so to speak and the travelling must be a pain. If there is a pub or similar near junction 23 M6, say Haydock Race Course then that would be pretty good. I know that there are some pubs near there. (Going south, under the motorway, first left turn takes you to a village the name of which I can't recall and there are some there).

Dano the village your talking about is called golbourne and if i remember right there is some big pub on the left hand side of the road that would be suitable, i think it's a travelodge with a restaraunt, a brewers fayre type place but i can't think of the name of it :lol:

1989 VW GOLF GTI CABRIO

1997 VW POLO 1.0L

2003 VW PASSAT TDI 130 SPORT

Back to the top
Quite possibly! Its been a couple of year since I've been round there.

Anyone else for suggestion as to where to hold the meets?

Remeber… if you don't post you can't moan.. when its too far away!!!!

Dan

Back to the top
I know of quite a few pubs in that area as it used to be one of my haunts so to speak.
just as a suggestion if nobody objects I will take a run down there at weekend as I only live about 15 - 20 mins away and I will try to come up with a couple of options for places around J23 M6

Within spitting distance you have the towns of Newton-le-Willows, Golbourne, Haydock and Ashton.

Do you want me to look for a pub type place that does food and is child and animal friendly or just a car park with somewhere nearby to get a sandwich?

Suggestions as to type of venue please and I will post up at weekend some pics and details of a couple of different choices, that is if people would like me to.

Craig

Touch my car …………………. feel my wheels

operor retineo patria parvulus depressus vos

Back to the top
That sounds a plan!!  :notworthy:

1989 VW GOLF GTI CABRIO

1997 VW POLO 1.0L

2003 VW PASSAT TDI 130 SPORT

Back to the top
Child friendly would be good for me as babyDub may have to come with me on occasions.

Well done Cabby Craig.

Dan

Back to the top
What's this? NWmeet looking for a new home again? Surely not….

I'll try and make as many meets as I can without the golf and I don't mind travelling even in the Golf when it's on the road.

Seems a bit crazy that everyone wants to know what's going on with NWmeets and then gets grumpy when it's not 10mins down the road from them

Anyone going to the european finals at Santa Pod on 6789th Sept?

Back to the top
look, you can't please everyone all the time, the north west is a massive area to cover, its not one county, its 2  counties and part of wales. central/south lancashire is the ideal medium. come on, stop moaning, pick a location and be done with it!  :x

1991 Diamond silver 1800 16v Corrado 'Betty'

Gone, but not forgotten;

1985 Lemon yellow Polo coupe S

1983 Gambia red Golf C

1983 Diamond silver Golf GX

1981 Mars red Golf GTI

Back to the top

holeinmk1 said

look, you can't please everyone all the time, the north west is a massive area to cover, its not one county, its 2  counties and part of wales. central/south lancashire is the ideal medium. come on, stop moaning, pick a location and be done with it!  :x

Preston Brook…..didn't someone say rotate it between the two venues - Preston Brook and Wiggin Tree - anyway?

Back to the top
preston brook ok with everyone? yay or nay?

1991 Diamond silver 1800 16v Corrado 'Betty'

Gone, but not forgotten;

1985 Lemon yellow Polo coupe S

1983 Gambia red Golf C

1983 Diamond silver Golf GX

1981 Mars red Golf GTI

Back to the top
Looking at the distance incurred for us more Northerly chaps, holeinmk1 included, I vote with Paul to alternate between the 2 locations. This will ensure that the travelling distance is fairer for all who do actually attend and don't just post up asking.

As its been said the whole North West is massive and unless its decided to draw a line across the middle and call one half the North West and the other Cheshire, Merseyside and North wales, I don't see much option other than rotating it.

I'd prefer The Wiggin Tree, partly for originality cause thats where we set it up from, also cause it near me but mainly cause its central for the majority.

I've suggested this so many times that I'll butt out now and let someone else make the final decision!!!

Dan

Back to the top
Don't forget south cumbria too, that's north west :roll:

1991 MK2 Golf G60 20VT

1991 MK2 Golf GTI 16V Oak Green

www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk

Back to the top
OMG! :lol:  Will someone just pick a place thats child friendly and got a big carpark with food!! :lol:

Back to the top

kriss said

Don't forget south cumbria too, that's north west :roll:

Are you from NW, or Gloucestershire???

Back to the top
I live in Gloucestershire, but i'm originally from Barrow-in-Furness Cumbria.  My folks and some mates of mine still live up there.  I'm up there every now and again, hence i'd like to attend a NWest meet  :roll:

1991 MK2 Golf G60 20VT

1991 MK2 Golf GTI 16V Oak Green

www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk

Back to the top

kriss said

I live in Gloucestershire, but i'm originally from Barrow-in-Furness Cumbria.  My folks and some mates of mine still live up there.  I'm up there every now and again, hence i'd like to attend a NWest meet  :roll:

Are you free or coming up on 9th September? In any case, this thread relates NWM21, I'll start a new thread with the details for NWM22 and lock this one since its pretty much decided!

Link to NWM22 thread here.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.