Skip navigation

Slippy8v's Syncro now with MOT

Back to the top
The drivers seat on the syncro had the normal bolster and seat wear, there are also a few holes in the passengers bench seat,so I have been toying with getting them recovered as the chance of picking up a good set of second hand ones was pretty slim.However I put a wanted ad up on Facebook and was contacted by a fellow T25 owner in Sweden who had a very good set of covers which are the same pattern. Hope to get them in the next few weeks.

Back to the top
Well thats the replacement drivers seat cover on and back in the van, great improvement, just needs a bit of final tweaking and the seat base needs cleaned as I could not put it in the washing machine as it has a cardboard fitting trim,just the double pax side to do. Thanks to Sune Gustafsson in Sweden for the covers.

Last edit: by slippy

Back to the top
Morning spent swapping the pax seat covers,turned out really well just like new.The old ones had a couple of holes in them,was lucky to pick up a perfect set.

Back to the top
Gave the syncro its weekly diff lock check and got no flashing light for the front so a quick crawl under the van to check the hoses and found 1 had popped off so pushed back in and all sorted, so an easy fix for a change.

Back to the top
I only thought the drivers seat cover was clean,gave it the once-over with the Vax should come up fine going by the colour of the water.

Back to the top
Drying out really well and looking good

Back to the top
Wow slippy, just read his from start to finish, well impressed with your attention to detail. Love the way you haven't stuck a window in it and retained the van look.  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)

Back to the top
Thats another year sorted

After the MOT yesterday took him out for a log run in the snow, just a few more bags and the log store will be full.

Back to the top
Sweet.

Back to the top
Well fame at last just got my free copy of The February 100th VW Camper & Commercial mag and have a 5 page spread on my syncro well pleased.Will have to get it framed lol

(Since the photoshoot I now know that the Autocube was not made for the Mazda Bongo)

Last edit: by slippy

Back to the top
Congratulations Geoff; well deserved recognition.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.