Skip navigation

LHD Inari Silver 1981 Jetta Coupe CL Netherlands Import

Back to the top
Hi guys,

It's been half a year now since I sold the westy Mk2 and missed having a project to work seeing as all my friends have show winning Mk1s and being a student not the best cash injection in the world but been saving up but managed to swipe myself this! It needs a lot of work but here it is: 1981 Mk1 Jetta CL coupe.

So far, myself and Zach have stripped down the pedal box and steering column as the auto box has blown up and came with a manual engine and box etc. So changing that over using a RHD pedal box on a LHD car so we will see how that progresses [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Also gunked the engine but that'll be coming to pieces to be sprayed and built back up. It was sold to me as having a Webber but has a peirburg on it soooooo again we will see how that one turns out lol

That's it for now! Will try to update this as much as possible!

Cheers

Sam

Back to the top
lovely - really like these I think we have a few on here now with Jetta's, perhaps we ought to have a dedicated section?

lhasadreams , Ade what do you think, I know the club is all about MK1 Golfs, but these are such a close relative -we have the other cars and projects section as this us in now but I would like to see these seperated out as all the questions, tips, comments will 99% relate to the Gof as well and be good to go to them without trawling through the Mk2,3 Corrado,Non VAG etc, perhaps one for a committee question - sorry if been asked before.

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top

I saw this for sale and instantly thought it was awesome.

Look forward to seeing this evolve

1991 Black Sportline 1.8 GTI Cabby - gone

1983 Papyrus Green 1.5 Auto GL Cabby - gone

1984 Nevada Beige MK2 Golf 1.6CL LHD Auto - gone

1981 Schwartz Black MK1 Golf 1600 GTI - gone

Currently Mk1less!

Back to the top

RichardHall said

lovely - really like these I think we have a few on here now with Jetta's, perhaps we ought to have a dedicated section?

lhasadreams , Ade what do you think, I know the club is all about MK1 Golfs, but these are such a close relative -we have the other cars and projects section as this us in now but I would like to see these seperated out as all the questions, tips, comments will 99% relate to the Gof as well and be good to go to them without trawling through the Mk2,3 Corrado,Non VAG etc, perhaps one for a committee question - sorry if been asked before.

Thanks man, a Jetta section would be cool! The only thing is if there is a Jetta section there would need to be, caddy, scirocco etc.

Would be cool though!

Back to the top

P0jy said

I saw this for sale and instantly thought it was awesome.

Look forward to seeing this evolve

Thanks mate! So am I, I have literally little idea what I'm doing :lol: but how hard can it be eh!

Back to the top
Its going to be great when done :)

Back to the top
Love this, looks awesome already.  :cool:

Mk1 Golf floor mats - for tin top and cabriolet - Zero7796 17298Five

Back to the top

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
?

Banner

Back to the top

jellybelly said

?
Read the post please, in particular Richards request

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
That is nice .. Love a left hooker ,Had several T25 caravelles and Multivans in Lhd .. stand out from the crowd  :thumbs:

Back to the top
any one know what the wheels are?

Back to the top
Thanks everyone! These are close up of the wheels, they didn't come with the car unfortunately! image.jpeg image.jpeg

Back to the top
Love the Jetta, love the colour, love the wheels!  :cool:  :thumbs:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

RichardHall said

Ade what do you think, I know the club is all about MK1 Golfs, but these are such a close relative -we have the other cars and projects section as this us in now but I would like to see these seperated out as all the questions, tips, comments will 99% relate to the Gof as well and be good to go to them without trawling through the Mk2,3 Corrado,Non VAG etc, perhaps one for a committee question - sorry if been asked before.

jellybelly
This is what Ade was quoting Matt

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Ok

Banner

Back to the top
Cheers Everyone!

Update:

NEW BITS 🙈

Gonna start rebuilding as much as possible before it's going to Autoshack for a respray in the new year!

That's it for now!

Will keep updating as I go along!

Back to the top
Progress has been slow due to exams!

But they're over soon and early edition is baring down on us!

Early edition is the target.

Some pics to keep the thread alive of new bits and some of the car:

Back to the top
Well done on the selection!  :)

Car looks good. Nice colour. Like the steering wheel should look good.  :thumbs:

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top
Thanks man! :)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.