Skip navigation

My mk1 golf van

Back to the top
Just read through this whole thread, looks bloody brilliant. Not many of these vans left and this one is probably the best looking one around at the moment.

Bet it drives well!

Back to the top

My mk1 golf van

Awesome Detailed work..  Hands UP man..  

Posted at work…

Back to the top
thanks for the nice comments makes me wana get it done faster 

Back to the top
g60 runing
yes she runs better now just a bit off tuning an interia an wheels too sort nowVideo; IMG_3650.JPG IMG_3650.JPG IMG_3650.JPG

Back to the top

My mk1 golf van

Good shining.. Details Are awesome

Posted at work…

Back to the top
thanks figti all the nice comments keep me going its been a long haul but the end is in sight heres some more pics. fitted one wing an pop rivited the bonnet catch it now has a locking bonnet going fit the other wing tommo an grill
an fit my digi fan controler IMG_3694.JPG IMG_3693.JPG

Back to the top
IMG_3778.JPG
an fitted the strut brace

Back to the top

My mk1 golf van

The Batterie Must be on a other Place.. Or?

Posted at work…

Back to the top
ya figi i would but i ant taking my loom out again
an ant too worried about all that smoothed bay stuff all tho it does look nice i did try an find a small dry cell battery for it but dont no what one to go for as in amps an all that so just stuck a g60 battery on had a fit up off my grill but thats nackered  as well gone all wongy in the heat off the shed so got bye another one

Back to the top
image.jpeg getting there still. but just sent my charger off to jabbasport as had 2 friends with g60,s .they were driving together an they both popped there chargers at the same time so sent mine away as mine hadsat in my room for 5 years .gave her a wash fitted a new lamba probe as I don't think mine was working .
sorted my clutch out as that weren't. working 
either  image.jpeg

Back to the top
polished my grill trim i had they were rough as a bagers ass but with some sanding an buffing they look better than the cheap tat you can bye now that says its chrome but its not its chrome affect anidised mybe but def not chrome IMG_5369.JPG

Back to the top
small update sent my charger away as my mates superchargers both went pop couple months back
got mine back last weekend refitted it sunday so now just wheels an interior an find a good grill   IMG_5721.JPG
IMG_5723.mov

Back to the top
god it's been nearly a year since my last post 
had more bad luck ramp shot under the car an smashed the driver seal up so I got the hump an left it for months only just started doing bits to it recently got the last wing on grill an trim just started refurbing the bbs wheels  image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Back to the top
The attention to detail is incredible.  Beautiful welding too!  

Fully restored and driven daily!  I love my 1980 Rabbit Diesel!!

Back to the top

Frankinstyn said

The attention to detail is incredible.  Beautiful welding too!  
 thanks mate 

Back to the top
The colour is really nice, I don't think I have seen many in that colour before. Great work.

Back to the top

Tall bloke said

The colour is really nice, I don't think I have seen many in that colour before. Great work.

thanks mate ya took me weeks too choose a colour. glad I picked that one tho iv seen a bit off a trend the last thew years going  bronze/brown but ant seen many the same as mine. 

Back to the top
got my wheels back going run with theses untill i can get the aluline wheels too fit should be sending the car to get a new  seal as it spat the ramp under the car an dented it bad got the hump an left it for 3 months  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub: IMG_20180505_170025_796.jpg

Back to the top
looking slim to be on the road this year but a least she runs ok    
VID of van runing

Back to the top
seding it too the paint shop monday,, mybe have it bk in a month or so, then got find a seatbelt an top door rubber sort the handbrake lever out, an st rack boots thew other things. IMG_20180521_163912_077.jpg
There are too many online users to list.