Skip navigation

This is where it all started for me!

Back to the top

This is where it all started for me!

Shughy said

Well done Dano - hope life is treating you well?

Yes thanks Hugh, all good over here. See you in a few weeks. 

Back to the top
AGM run to Stratford Upon Avon Racecourse resulted in a breakdown on the M6 Toll Road at Norton Canes Services. After 2hrs and RAC diagnosed what I thought initially - hot start issue had returned. Dj Ev had a problem following simple instructions!!!

A5OPY and Dj Ev "helped" with advice and keeping moral up!!!

MK1 Golf Owners Club (Official Facebook Group) | https://m.facebook.com/story.php

Vassel George Dan Perkins | By Andrew

Back to the top
I saw the video, very entertaining!! :) lol

What was the cause of the hot start issue last time?

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
The metering head was sticking I think. I changed it for a used one a couple of years ago. Hadn't done it for 2 years.

Today I've cleaned it up a little so we'll see if that helps.

I've also removed the left hand lower grille blanking plate (as you look at the car) to see if that helps with air flow to cool the engine. When I got the car I noticed that there were 2 recesses so naturally thought there should be 2 grilles behind the bumper. Not so, just the right to stop the muck hitting the air filter etc on that side.

2017 will show if it works or not. 

Back to the top
Insured with Cherished Insurance again. No hassle of re-doing photos then.

1276 miles travelled last year.

C- "Must try harder"  :lol:

Back to the top
Today started with the intention of actually having a drive in the car…. but it wouldn't start.
Usual checks done, fuel, spark, ✅, injectors with fuel ❌… and no priming of the fuel pump.

Eventually traced to the relay by bridging the pins.
Dj Ev top tip!! 👍

From the date of the relay, it doesn't owe me anything!!

Part number 321906059D

IMG_0533.JPG

Back to the top
New fuel relay came yesterday from VW Heritage.

Plugged in and away it went fist time. Happy man again.

Fuel pump relay number 321905059F. £31.15 delivered.

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top
Lovely! I like getting new suspension, feels good  :cool:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Started re posting all the build thread photos today, what a laborious job that is!!! 

Some are proving quite hard to find again!! 😳

It's going to be interesting to see how long Photobucket will last if they don't get the funds coming in. 

Back to the top
Many thanks for re-posting some of the earlier content, it makes life a little more inspiring around here for us newer folk to see progress!   :thumbs:  

Back to the top

Fausto said

Many thanks for re-posting some of the earlier content, it makes life a little more inspiring around here for us newer folk to see progress!   :thumbs:  

I almost lost the will to live!!! It's taken days to find the pictures on various pen drives, get them into build pages for ease of posting and then get them to display properly with decent spaces…. it's all in the (OCD) detail you understand!!! 😳 Near enough done now. 

Back to the top

Back to the top
Insured with Cherished Insurance again. No hassle of re-doing photos then.

1209 miles travelled last year.

Back to the top
30,002 views!

Back to the top

Back to the top
Make it 30,003 now as I've just read the whole thing  :lol: (Yup I'm very bored at the moment)

Interesting to see how she started out in life and how you've managed to keep her going all these years.

It was also interesting to finally put 2 and 2 together and realise that all those red cabbies were the same one in all those ads and guides I'd read over the years.

I have noticed that the mileage is going down each year though! I hope this year you'll be doing more miles and I look forward to seeing her again at the AGM this year  :thumbs:Ian

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top

borednow said

Make it 30,003 now as I've just read the whole thing  :lol: (Yup I'm very bored at the moment)

Interesting to see how she started out in life and how you've managed to keep her going all these years.

It was also interesting to finally put 2 and 2 together and realise that all those red cabbies were the same one in all those ads and guides I'd read over the years.

I have noticed that the mileage is going down each year though! I hope this year you'll be doing more miles and I look forward to seeing her again at the AGM this year  :thumbs:Ian

Thanks, as always it's a labour of love that those outside old car ownership don't get do they??
Last year was busy with building and garden work etc so less time and money to get out and about.
Hopefully 2018 will be more productive on the clock!!

Back to the top

borednow said

I have noticed that the mileage is going down each year though!

Just a reminder not to leave your finger prints on the inside of speedometer glass Dano!!

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.