Back to the top

This is where it all started for me!

golfcabrio said

selling a member of the Family

Ahh if only!! :lol:

Sell it and buy a tin top! :thumbs:

Back to the top

Back to the top
Insured and taxed from yesterday. All we need now is better weather! 

Back to the top
Sunny here mate get it out !!

Banner

Back to the top
Today was MOT day so it was off to see Bert again. 

Only 1 issue (which I was aware of thanks to lhasadreams Dj Ev and A5OPY at All Types!!) - front tyres were required.
A quick decision was made to get some Avon's, after all if they are good enough for Yomp 's concourse, they're good enough for me and Jason Plato's 'J turns'!!!  

I took the car for tracking and camber

IMG_1353.JPG

IMG_1354.JPG

There was very heavy rain & the way to Berts, it was filthy when I got home so a quick clean was needed - and it got it!

Happy again!! 

IMG_1355.JPG

Back to the top
looking nice dan

Banner

Back to the top
Congrats on the mot pass Dan. Your cabby is looking as stunning as ever - looks like its just come out of the showroom.

Back to the top
Good to hear, looking clean mate  :thumbs:

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Borderline travel down the M6 !!

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
Thanks guys. 
Ade, if ever there was a day for maximum thread depth in the rain yesterday was it!!  :o

Back to the top
Beautiful!  :cool:  :wub:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
A lesson learnt re the camber checks. The company I used didn't do a great job. The bolts worked loose again after 480 miles. I turned into a 90 degree right hander and nothing happened!!! Imagine my shock, there were BIG ditches on either side of the road too!! 

Que a snot-a-gram email to the company and a trip to my regular garage and it was fixed again. 

The company, to their credit, were excellent. No complaints and a full refund plus my other garage bill too. 

Back to the top
2nd place win in the standard cabby category. Quite happy with that. Only 30 minutes prep and on with the rest of the day!! 
Minus points were for 
1. Dirty engine
2. Scratched bumper (it's the tow bar one so not the usual one)
3. Cracked door tops.
4. Boot paint worn under the carpet! Well done finding THAT, very impressed at the level of judging.
I have something to work towards now. 

IMG_1356.JPG

Back to the top
The August edition saw the car on the front cover of Practical Classics. Driven by Danny Hopkins they needed a face that would sell copies not drive folk away!! 

IMG_1357.JPG

There was a "Car Of The Month" article inside with a dodgy pic of yours truly!! 

IMG_1358.JPG IMG_1359.JPG

Back to the top
Not content with the PC article - like buses, another article came in the same month!!

Classic Car Weekly ran a 'Buyers Guide' on the Mk1 Golf Cabriolet and gave it a big thumbs up. A side box and owners view was also featured… And another dodgy photo!!!

IMG_1360.JPG

Back to the top
Nice car bud… got the mag too :lol: - i thought i recognised it… 

Back to the top
First drive of the year after insuring it with Cherished Insurance again.

Does anyone else think that there are a lot more squeaks than when you put it away? I was really paranoid that the rear window was going to fall out due to all the rattling. Once the heater had been on for a while it stopped - the rubber/ roof may have expanded slightly??

Then I heard another rattle on a left hand bend, closer inspection revealed that the back box rubber hanger had snapped. How does that happen when it's not been used??!! There's another 'in stock' so I'll fit it when I've a moment.

Everything else seems ok up to now.

Travelled 1998 miles last year.

Back to the top

This is where it all started for me!

I've only started mine a couple of times..
I'm concerned head gasket has gone…

But you gotta love em lol..

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top

Back to the top
Well done Dano - hope life is treating you well?

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner
There are too many online users to list.