Skip navigation

The original one & only Gulf Golf 18 years of ownership

Back to the top

The Gulf Golf April 29 years old and nearly finished!!!

All painted and ready for fitting Audi S2 Twin pots

Speeding is like masturbation, everyone does it ,but it's not something you should record and put on the internet!! 

Back to the top
They look smart mate.  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

They look smart mate.  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

Thinking that they will look good peeking out behind the black(or white)  Compo TH's

Speeding is like masturbation, everyone does it ,but it's not something you should record and put on the internet!! 

Back to the top
Black would get my vote.  :cool:  :cool:  :cool:

Back to the top

Back to the top
Booked in for MOT ,Audi S2 caliper fitting, but place is so busy going to be after Easter:(

Last edit: by collo16v

Back to the top
Seem reasonably simple jobs mate. No way you could them yourself?  :(

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

Seem reasonably simple jobs mate. No way you could them yourself?  :(

I could trouble is car is miles from anywhere and if I hit an issue means putting it away going to get whatever I require coming back etc ,garage I use in Margate is brilliant and cheap,as Jim loves a project and something different from the everyday cars that are his bread and butter. He did all the work last summer for me and could not be happier with it!!

Back to the top
Suppose if it's someone you trust who is going to do the job properly at a reasonable price then why not.

Back to the top
Comtemplating going 1.8T route as I have all the parts availlable from the MK2 Scirocco we broke earlier this year :dry:

Back to the top

collo16v said

Comtemplating going 1.8T route as I have all the parts availlable from the MK2 Scirocco we broke earlier this year :dry:

I thought you might get the itch mate ;)

Go on you know you want to :lol:

Back to the top
So the upturn in the weather has me all excited and so this weekend hoping to get down to the garage and sort out a few little jobs going to tackle the filler neck and tank strap replacements myself, remove Eibach A/R/B as it is now surplus to requirements due to torsion bar fitment. A little touch up on some front wing paint near the arch lips .Leaving just caliper change and MOT for the garage to complete then we can get it taxed and get out on the road!!!

Back to the top
Filler neck and tank straps are fairly simple jobs to do mate. Are they the ones that are ready shaped or not?

ARB removal is a few bolts :)

Good luck :)

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

Filler neck and tank straps are fairly simple jobs to do mate. Are they the ones that are ready shaped or not?

ARB removal is a few bolts :)

Good luck :)

Nah they are flat so guess I will have to bend into shape?

Back to the top
Yeah, I haven't personally done it but I think it will be a case of trial and error under the car using the fuel tank to help you along the way with persuading as well as with a vice :)

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

Yeah, I haven't personally done it but I think it will be a case of trial and error under the car using the fuel tank to help you along the way with persuading as well as with a vice :)

Sounds like fun lying on your back in the drive!!! :lol:

Back to the top
Are the bits at each end where it attaches to the car bent into place ready to go or have you got to do those as well?

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

Are the bits at each end where it attaches to the car bent into place ready to go or have you got to do those as well?

You know what I cannot remember now been in the packaging so long!!!  :lol: ah well I have all enginnering facilities to hand so will manage ok just remembered got my bonnet risers to fit as well :)

Back to the top
You'll be fine mate. Post some shots up of it when it's done :)

Good luck.  :cool:

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

You'll be fine mate. Post some shots up of it when it's done :)

Good luck.  :cool:

Will do got to blow the cobwebs of it 1st!!! :lol:  not been out since Aug 2012 and not started since then either :(

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.