Skip navigation

The original one & only Gulf Golf 18 years of ownership

Back to the top

The Gulf Golf April 29 years old and nearly finished!!!

and off to bed for the winter

Speeding is like masturbation, everyone does it ,but it's not something you should record and put on the internet!! 

Back to the top
Right after owning my Mk1 for over 9 years now I know little if anything of its previous history and I would like to know about its first 20 years in the UK,so if anyone knows anything,its in the background of one of your old photos etc let me know ,it used to be Lhasa Green with a  Zender bodykit kit and I bought it from Northgate Fiat in Canterbury Kent who had taken it as a "trade-in" its previous owner lived in the Hythe area  Kent and owned it for a couple of years.

Speeding is like masturbation, everyone does it ,but it's not something you should record and put on the internet!! 

Back to the top
Last piece of the  brake jigsaw set up came today Audi S2 calipers

Back to the top
callipers and carriers dropped off this morning for bead blasting and powder coating Orange!!

Last edit: by collo16v

Back to the top
Calipers back and temporarily in red oxide, Caliper adaptor plates have arrived from Germany although wife insists I cannot have them until christmas!! :(
 Caliper repair kits next on the wish list

Back to the top
So new To-Do list starting to shape up for 2013, fit Audi S2 calipers, fit S/S filler neck and S/S tank straps. Tidy up paintwork on front arches ,N/S/R arch scraped (pushing it in the garage!!) and roll cage from scrambling in and out. paint and fit Kamei front spoiler.

Back to the top
Really lovely MK1 mate. That's quite a list for the New Year to get to work on. Will you be bringing it to any shows next year?

Back to the top
That looks great mate

"Mk1 Golf Gti...all things to all men"

Back to the top
phew panic over thought I had lost my project thread!! :$

Back to the top
so salvaged from the 20VT Mk2 Scirocco  bought was thi

which after a little work now looks like this ready to go on with my other "bling bits" for 2013

Back to the top
Nothing like a bit of bling mate  ;)

Lovely and shiny  :cool:

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

Nothing like a bit of bling mate  ;)

Lovely and shiny  :cool:

true not normally a bling type of modder,but they were cheap and Stainless lasts practically forever so silly not to

Back to the top
So 2 things today decided to keep the refurbed tank that a "Got to have this " buyer let me down on and insurance renewal came in today £68.40p fully comp do I look like I am made of money!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back to the top
There's loads of that type of buyer out there mate tbh. Oxygen theives I usually refer to them as. As for the insurance that's a really good price. You must be an old git ;)

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

You must be an old git ;)

Oi !! cheeky  :o

Back to the top

collo16v said

smudger1980 said

You must be an old git ;)

Oi !! cheeky  :o

Gold star for me then  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  ;)  :ninja:

Back to the top
So as it was payday today started to collect a few more parts Audi S2 rebuild kit from Big Red and HT Orange Gloss to paint them once rekitted,guess what I will be doing this week

Back to the top
Dressing as a woman and dancing up the High Street?  :ninja:  :ninja:  ;)

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

Dressing as a woman and dancing up the High Street?  :ninja:  :ninja:  ;)

pmsl!!! :)

Back to the top
Sorry mate couldn't resist.  :$
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.