Skip navigation

The money pit build 2! Full ground up build.

Back to the top

mk1 daz said

Rich. Then we need to have a good long chat about the r32 conversion.

I've got my lump in bits rebuilding it etc but I've been massively let down by someone so I'm either eurowise or S&P and I know you went eurowise.
Ha no worries chap  :thumbs:Eurowise or S&P will work but also the eyptec mount kit.

I spoke to S&P about some other parts recently and they won't ship to the UK! Good ole Boris and no trade agreement or something along those lines.

Eurowise will happily ship though. I think some USA companies don't want the headache of the extra paper works since brexit.

Let me know when you want a chat, might need to run a conference as a few other people need to join  :lol:

Back to the top

Rich. said

mk1 daz said

I've got my lump in bits rebuilding it etc but I've been massively let down by someone so I'm either eurowise or S&P and I know you went eurowise.
Ha no worries chap  :thumbs:Eurowise or S&P will work but also the eyptec mount kit.

I spoke to S&P about some other parts recently and they won't ship to the UK! Good ole Boris and no trade agreement or something along those lines.

Eurowise will happily ship though. I think some USA companies don't want the headache of the extra paper works since brexit.

Let me know when you want a chat, might need to run a conference as a few other people need to join  :lol:

I've chatted to the S&P guy and he said I can't order via the website but I can through eBay (different rules 🤷🏼)

I've heard mixed opinions re the eyptec mounts not sitting level.

Which rad did you use?

Did you fit a lsd when rebuilding gearbox?

Back to the top
Just had another scroll through this- outstanding world and looking absolutely stunning 👍👍

Back to the top

mk1 daz said

Rich. said

mk1 daz said

I've chatted to the S&P guy and he said I can't order via the website but I can through eBay (different rules 🤷🏼)

Which rad did you use?

I used the Eurowise one with a single spal fan and a low temperature thermostat. If anything it's probably over cooling the engine. Dual fans aren't really required with this rad.

No LSD, might fit one in the future but you can have plenty of fun without one. Depends how extreme you are cornering really, for track definitely but on the road it's fine without it.

Back to the top

Rubio said

Just had another scroll through this- outstanding world and looking absolutely stunning 👍👍

Thank you 🙏 

Back to the top

Rich. said

mk1 daz said

Rich. said

mk1 daz said

Which rad did you use?

I used the Eurowise one with a single spal fan and a low temperature thermostat. If anything it's probably over cooling the engine. Dual fans aren't really required with this rad.

No LSD, might fit one in the future but you can have plenty of fun without one. Depends how extreme you are cornering really, for track definitely but on the road it's fine without it.

I ask because the last mk1 I did (money pit) with a 20vt running 265bhp really needed a lsd as it was wild, these r32's output similar but don't come on song with 24psi boost 🤔

Back to the top

mk1 daz said

Rich. said

mk1 daz said

Rich. said

mk1 daz said

Which rad did you use?

I ask because the last mk1 I did (money pit) with a 20vt running 265bhp really needed a lsd as it was wild, these r32's output similar but don't come on song with 24psi boost 🤔

It's more linear power delivery but is a hand full if you go for it. If you have the budget go for it from the off.

I have a spare box I will convert in the future.

Back to the top

Rich. said

mk1 daz said

Rich. said

mk1 daz said

Rich. said

mk1 daz said

Which rad did you use?

It's more linear power delivery but is a hand full if you go for it. If you have the budget go for it from the off.

I have a spare box I will convert in the future.

I agree about the power delivery hence why I'm asking.

This cars never going to see a track or real fresh outside air for fact 😂 but I would like do it right from the off.

Back to the top

mk1 daz said

This cars never going to see a track or real fresh outside air for fact 😂 but I would like do it right from the off.

Slap one on and let me know where I can drop off my spare box for you to do as well  :lol:

Yes you will need it  :thumbs: . I haven't done a lot of miles since my conversion but when you do plant it she has the torque steers for sure  :o :lol:.

Back to the top

Rich. said

mk1 daz said

Slap one on and let me know where I can drop off my spare box for you to do as well  :lol:

Yes you will need it  :thumbs: . I haven't done a lot of miles since my conversion but when you do plant it she has the torque steers for sure  :o :lol:.

Gearbox's are way above me!

Where abouts in the uk are you?

Back to the top

mk1 daz said

Rich. said

mk1 daz said

Slap one on and let me know where I can drop off my spare box for you to do as well  :lol:Yes you will need it  :thumbs:. I haven't done a lot of miles since my conversion but when you do plant it she has the torque steers for sure  :o:lol:.

Down in the deepest depths of Devon unfortunately. Quite a journey from the East Midlands.

Back to the top

Rich. said

mk1 daz said

Rich. said

mk1 daz said

Slap one on and let me know where I can drop off my spare box for you to do as well  :lol:Yes you will need it  :thumbs:. I haven't done a lot of miles since my conversion but when you do plant it she has the torque steers for sure  :o:lol:.

Down in the deepest depths of Devon unfortunately. Quite a journey from the East Midlands.

That's a shame, I'd love to have a little ride out in one.

Back to the top
Doors, bonnet and tailgate getting primed and prepped ready for some paint.

DB92BB4E-9E73-4A45-BFDE-18F691FEC60E.jpeg C2A6F29D-5D63-47BA-A661-BAD73989BDB2.jpeg

Back to the top

More mandarin paint laid 😋

F402AAFA-7521-4D5F-9B71-2404123CA121.jpeg 30FB5725-9B44-4BE3-BA99-55334EC330B0.jpeg 7E19149F-FCC2-456B-8BC1-7A6F2C52931B.jpeg 4D0C0353-E26B-4D57-8924-E843594AAC46.jpeg

Back to the top
F63991DE-8911-41CC-8E78-39D692078D2E.jpeg

Oh wow 😮 

Back to the top
A19B08AB-A507-4AD4-92D1-16B377A17AA3.jpeg

Two tone

Back to the top
Anyone used super pro bushes? Doesn't say which way to fit.

8B301E97-354F-401A-A6EA-03BCE3A98248.jpeg 038A0804-AF99-4028-B239-0F16C764C033.jpeg

Back to the top
looking good mate

Do not know a lot but willing to help if possible

1989 Sapphire Blue Mk1 Cabriolet KR
1985 Atlas Grey Mk2 GTI 2.0 ABF

Back to the top

nicci21paul said

looking good mate

Yeah hopefully get all the coated parts fitted and back on it wheels soon.

Back to the top
Bushes finally in 😢

44C872C3-AE28-4D87-A3BA-1427081102C7.jpeg 84E1127D-A26B-4B3B-BAC8-4706D90E613D.jpeg
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.