Skip navigation

Subtle mods to 1992 Rivage...

Back to the top

Looking for a bit of advice...

Hi Guys,

Just purchased a 1992 Rivage in blue as a lifetime keeper and looking for a bit of advice on suspension, spacers and a couple of other bits;

- Best coilovers?

- Best spacers for 195 wheels and which widths for front and back? Looking for a subtle stance.

- Any retrofit DAB radios out there?

- Thinking a full set of 195/45/r15 Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3s on original Le Castellet wheels

- Currently has 4 button Mk1 GTi steering wheel fitted and not original Rivage wheel, not entirely sure if this was factory fitted?! If not I'll be looking for original Rivage wheel and will have reupholstered

Not touching bodywork until Winter when I'm planning on a full respray, then full engine rebuild year after.

Cheers, J.

Rivage.jpg

Back to the top
Just been talking about a blue roof on a blue body with a friend yesterday & we agreed it was the best look on a cabby. The following is just my opinion anyway:

Why coil-overs? It will be a harsh ride on coil-overs with a 45 profile. Any car I've had or been in with coil-overs admittedly does look good but the ride is ruined on the road & even expensive sets don't ride better than stock. It would be great if we had perfect smooth roads but we don't, the bumps make the wheels skip about, too quick in a corner & you're back to front, the list goes on e.t.c. I would only use coil-overs on a track car.

I'm older now & have a set of Eibach 30mm lowering springs on standard shocks (the same price as the cheapest set of coil-overs you can find). There are sets which go lowerer but spacing wheels out can then become a problem without body mods. I keep the stock 195/50/15s. As for spacers I think the fronts look fine but always find the rears need at least 15mm spacers (& longer 40mm threads obviously) as they sit too far in

Back to the top

Subtle mods to 1992 Rivage...

It’s a classic so best left alone and put to standard.
No 4 button wheel on these they were leather trimmed mk2 style ones. Plus leather gaitor and knob, handbrake handle cover.
Check your heated seats work.
Over modding will devalue it.
I’d suggest keep what you take off that’s original so it could go back on.  After all it’s your car so do as you please.
Once you’re in for paint you might need some new Decals if so let me know.

I have the Classic Green Pearl Metallic paint with beige leather.
So yours would be black leather trimmings. The knob is a 4 panel one.

If you need hood doing give me a shout.

I have a build thread on here when I was working on mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top
coilovers will make the ride too hard - unlesss you use coltec top mounts, these improved the ride massively.

for DAB - Use Alpine EZI-DAB - easy to install and hideaway - this will give you streaming off your phone too.

steering wheel = the original rivage one is nice - i put a momo in but would keep the priginal for resale.

if you lower it then reduce the tyre profile down , this makes the original wheel look alot nicer.

good luck!

Alps 1992 Rivage Green, 1991 Rivage Blue (SOLD), 1986 GTI convertible White (SOLD) 
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.