Skip navigation

Sold

Back to the top
It seems there are differences with the mk4 calipers.

The piston end measures 31mm one mine.

The one i enquiried about was 36mm.

So now either need to work out which model I need or just some hunting!

Back to the top
Seen as I'm at a standstill while I sort another rear caliper out I've been thinking about the interior.

I've got it back to full standard spec barring a couple of outside seat trims and a rear parcel shelf.

While I like the look the kids arnt interested in going in the car really so I've been thinking of just a couple of rs4 style bucket seats but not harness seat belts.

Any opinions?

Back to the top
I think the rs4 and "Vader" type recaros look very, very nice in a mk1  :thumbs:

Matt

Back to the top
Got bored of trying to find a match for the other caliper so I've ordered a pair of new ones!

Back to the top

mk1 daz said

Got bored of trying to find a match for the other caliper so I've ordered a pair of new ones!

I'm starting to think you like the abuse (and financial ruin).  :lol:
Joking aside, it is awesome to see that progress is on its way!

Back to the top
You'd think so would you!!

I've too much going on so lose focus sometimes with the car.

When the calipers arrive they need a lick of red paint.

I've been looking at seats and headlining as the headlining is shamefull! Who uses silver cross headed screws to hold the sunroof panel to the sunroof!

Plan is get it back on it's wheels and useable then over the winter it's interior refresh, full repainted with panels, then underside wants sealer taking off to see what's under there!

I'm told it's mint lol

Back to the top

pazwaa said

I think the rs4 and "Vader" type recaros look very, very nice in a mk1  :thumbs:

Matt

How about these??

IMG_4504.PNG IMG_4505.PNG

Either way they will want retrimming with the mk1 cloth then the rears to math if the front seats lever forward. 

That way I've got stock look with a twist.

Back to the top
The Tayfa ones look nice and a great price compared to the recaro versions  :thumbs:

The Mazda ones will work nicely too, look similar to old Porsche seats.

Matt

Back to the top

pazwaa said

The Tayfa ones look nice and a great price compared to the recaro versions  :thumbs:

The Mazda ones will work nicely too, look similar to old Porsche seats.

Matt

Exactly and once trimmed in mk1 cloth they would look nice, I can keep the original interior for another time that way.

I stumbled across the mx5 seats as a cheaper Porsche option and because of the retrim it doesn't matter.

Back to the top
Been chatting to my brother about paintwork and thinking of leaving it till winter 2018 then taking the engine out and putting it on a spit.

The engine bays got brush strokes around the towers, yes brush strokes of paint! 

So thinking get the running gear done this year, winter new interior barring headlining as I'll do that when the glass comes out then 2018 full she'll paint, take off the undersealer off for full works.

Nowt like a plan ha ha

Last edit: by mk1 daz

Back to the top
That's the next 18 months sorted then  :lol:

Matt

Back to the top

pazwaa said

That's the next 18 months sorted then  :lol:

Matt

Anyway thanks for commenting I was thinking I'll be getting locked up talking to myself all the time…

Back to the top
New calipers have arrived today.

IMG_4507.JPG

Back to the top
You're not talking to yourself, it's just no-one is responding   :lol:

New calipers look nice, where they from?

Matt

Back to the top
Very much paying attention here, feel your pain and glad you are sticking at it- the only way now! I know it well myself. At least you can have 100% confidence in how it's all done.

I need to pipe up more with encouragement and not just read the threads/ hope we can all keep each other going!

Back to the top

pazwaa said

You're not talking to yourself, it's just no-one is responding   :lol:

New calipers look nice, where they from?

Matt

Found them on eBay and come from Germany.

£61.99 for the pair including post!!!

I'd spend more getting an old pair and rebuilding them.

Back to the top

polynesian said

Very much paying attention here, feel your pain and glad you are sticking at it- the only way now! I know it well myself. At least you can have 100% confidence in how it's all done.

I need to pipe up more with encouragement and not just read the threads/ hope we can all keep each other going!

Yeah stick your thoughts on if you want and if you want if not just read the progress.

Back to the top
I don't mind no one replying lol it's good for me to have all the information in one place and keep a diary of it.

Need to nip and get some red paint on Sunday and get them painted up and fitted.

Got a free Saturday next weekend so hopefully get all the system bled up and wheels back on.

Still got handbrake cable to route properly and horn earth wire.

Back to the top
Calipers were a bargain!!!

Back to the top
Yeah I thought so!! You can pay £30 for a rebuild kit plus all the time I spent prepping the calipers for paint etc!

Lesson learnt….
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.