Skip navigation

Smudger's 20vt Project A.K.A Patsy. (Update 07/06/2015 Got the love back)

Back to the top

Smudger's 20vt Winter 2012 Project (UPDATE 23/12/12)

Looking very good mate,great read too!
Really looking forward to taking mine off road and starting the conversion myself :thumbs:

Back to the top

JonP said

lets get it running and on the road first ;)

Andy might join you in strengthening the engine at some point.

Group buy  :thumbs:

:thumbs:

Back to the top
Went up to work on the car yesterday with JonP after a 2 week break for various reasons not least the weather  :P  :P

Having major issues routing the T.I.P and associated pipe work due to a severe lack of room inbetween the KO4 and the servo. Going to do something a bit different next week with the routing of it as there is really only one option without getting rid of the servo altogether and going down the pedal box route which is going to cost me ££££.

Will update next Sunday.

Back to the top
Just gone through this thread as ive not seen it before. This is gonna be an awsome piece of kit when its all finished!!
Hats of to you mate well done!. When do you anticipate having it finished/? (Million Dollar Question lol)
Chris:ocf_emoticons__clap:

Volkswagen Golf LS (1981 X)   Austin Morris Mini HL (1981 X)  Honda Civic Type S CTDi (2009 59)   Mercedes-Benz 208D F & D Motorhome (1990 G)  Audi A2 SE (2001 X) Banner

Back to the top
Chris at the moment the aim is to have it done by the summer in time for the AGM and other shows. Having said that some weeks have been slow going so it's behind schedule. What we need is a couple of Sundays where we make good progress and I think we can get it back on track.

A lot depends on if our plan for the T.I.P pipe routing goes to plan next weekend. Fingers crossed.

Back to the top
Coolio!! Look forard to seeing it dude. Fingers well and truley crossed  :)

Volkswagen Golf LS (1981 X)   Austin Morris Mini HL (1981 X)  Honda Civic Type S CTDi (2009 59)   Mercedes-Benz 208D F & D Motorhome (1990 G)  Audi A2 SE (2001 X) Banner

Back to the top
Insane build man. Arent u gonna have mayor clearance issues with the willwoods? I suppose its not just a straight on fit

Back to the top

Rockfordgun said

Insane build man. Arent u gonna have mayor clearance issues with the willwoods? I suppose its not just a straight on fit

Nah they should be ok mate. I have got 10mm hubcentric spacers for the front which clear the calipers :)

Back to the top
Managed to make some progress today after last weeks problems. After a lot of discussion and measuring up we have routed the t.i.p round the back of the servo…………..

And then out here…….

The it was on to fitting up the rad and some of the pipework for that as well…….

Then fitted the heat protection for the steering gaitor to protect it as it sits very close to the turbo downpipe.  :|

Slowly getting there now……….

At the end of the day JonP trial fitted my Comps on his MK1 to see what they looked like. Comments welcome.

More next week. :)

Back to the top
massive arch gap! but i like them.

Nice work Andy:)

Back to the top
looking good its weird that the tip hasnt got the clearance between servo. u might need to lower the intercooler as the bonnet stop catch hits it not allowing to bonnet to shut i found out that yesterday. had to lower it quite alot. jonp no updates on your 1?

Back to the top
Andy got a weird TIP, its 3" both ends with an adapter to fit onto the turbo, it was this that made the TIP stick out further and not allow the fitment through next to the servo.

Think the intercooler should be ok as its the same height as mine and thats ok with the bonnet. but will check.

Mine, not a lot to report, it just needs tidying up and bits bolting back to it. nothing exciting.

Back to the top
he must have the badger5 v1 tip no wonder it dont fit its huge on both ends. the adaptor pushes out the tip.

Back to the top

peterg60 said

he must have the badger5 v1 tip no wonder it dont fit its huge on both ends. the adaptor pushes out the tip.

exactly this.

Back to the top
good way you guys routed it  :thumbs:

Back to the top
After a 2 week break we're back on it this weekend. Maybe going to look at some wiring this weekend if we get time.  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Ok so made quite a lot of progress today on Patsy….

Manifold back on

Connected up to intercooler….

Stainless intake pipe made very kindly for me by a colleague of JonP.

Only slight issue today is that my 3" maf housing is the wrong way round for my MAF so it needs to be adapted slightly and the housing spun round 90 degrees. Another little job for JonP's contacts ;)

On the plus side though my radiator fans are attached and fit nicely in place……

A to scale drawing of JonP's manhood :lol:

Also fitted my helper springs at the front and there is still on 65mm between sump and floor so will need to raise them further still……

Also made a start on the rear beam which is one next weeks tasks. Jacked the car up at the back and had a good look at what's there. Removed and replaced one of the bushes on the rear beam which wasn't that hard to remove. More next week folks. :)

Back to the top
Looking goog fella

Back to the top
just found the retaliation marker pen on my arm. lol

Back to the top
Looking great mate! not long now!

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.