Skip navigation

Smudger's 20vt Project A.K.A Patsy. (Update 07/06/2015 Got the love back)

Back to the top

Smudger's 20vt Winter 2012 Project (UPDATE 23/12/12)

Pipsical said

Cracking thread mate.

Is this moving the mount from the front further back?
DSCF1841.jpg

yep, from the shiny bit on the left to where it is in the picture.
it is also flipped 180 from its original sticking up position to sticking down, as pictured.

Back to the top
Bloody hell, this is fantastic

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits 

Back to the top

Pipsical said

Cracking thread mate.

Is this moving the mount from the front further back?
DSCF1841.jpg

Yes mate and as Jon says flipped. Had it done by a friend of Jon's and it was spot on welding work. Test fitted the engine before it was done to make sure it was spot on.

Back to the top

sallyandsean said

Bloody hell, this is fantastic

Thanks matey. It's slowly coming together now. Really want it done for this summer  :cool:

Back to the top
yours be done before my at this rate :o

Back to the top
You lads have done a nice job of the engine bay, looks really good. That hose kit is gonna look mint as well.

Andy:cool:

Back to the top
Thats a good looking mk1 :) thumbs up :thumbs:

Back to the top

Melteddrummer said

You lads have done a nice job of the engine bay, looks really good. That hose kit is gonna look mint as well.

Andy:cool:

hypermagic said

Thats a good looking mk1 :) thumbs up :thumbs:

Thanks guys :)

Back to the top
Not a massive update today as missing some bits to move on massively. Fitted front ARB into place today. Spent the rest of the time we had on mocking up the inter-cooler  pipe work and test fitting the rad and fans. All fits into place nicely.

Got to get a few bits of pipework and silicone together and next time it'll be fitted in place.

:)

Back to the top
Great thread.  what an enjoyable and realistic read.  I love how you openly state the issues you have.  Real world project instead of other ones i have looked at that purely show the progress.
Kudos sirs for your combined efforts and progress to date :thumbs:Tobe

Back to the top
Thanks a lot Tobe for the kind words mate. Much appreciated. Won't be able to work on her now till a week on Sunday so have got a little time to get all the pipework and bits I need to finish off the intercooler and rad set-up.

Will update soon.

Smudger

Back to the top
Wowww what a great read. Cant wait to see the finish result. Keep up the hard work. What bhp you hoping to get btw??

Wanna Hug?

Back to the top

HuggYBeaR said

Wowww what a great read. Cant wait to see the finish result. Keep up the hard work. What bhp you hoping to get btw??

Cheers Huggy,

I am not too fussed about bhp tbh. I was thinking around the 250 mark maybe but I don't want to go too mad and make it too unreliable  :lol:   :lol:

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

HuggYBeaR said

Cheers Huggy,

I am not too fussed about bhp tbh. I was thinking around the 250 mark maybe but I don't want to go too mad and make it too unreliable  :lol:  :lol:
why put a k04 with a high flow mani if you ant bothered bout bhp O_o:lol::lol:. should of kept k03 or go k03s …..250 bhp  :oyou be getting more than that on that set up. my advice get a electroinc boost controller 3 settings 1st 200bhp 2nd 250bhp 3rd mmm u can push it to 300bhp . get diff and you have a animal  :cool::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edit: by peterg60

Back to the top

peterg60 said

smudger1980 said

HuggYBeaR said

Cheers Huggy,

I am not too fussed about bhp tbh. I was thinking around the 250 mark maybe but I don't want to go too mad and make it too unreliable  :lol:  :lol:
why put a k04 with a high flow mani if you ant bothered bout bhp O_o:lol::lol:. should of kept k03 or go k03s …..250 bhp  :oyou be getting more than that on that set up. my advice get a electroinc boost controller 3 settings 1st 200bhp 2nd 250bhp 3rd mmm u can push it to 300bhp . get diff and you have a animal  :cool::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm not going to be maxxing it out Pete tbh mate. I am after a little bit of reliability and have heard the standard internals of an AGU are only good for about 280bhp which will be my ceiling I think to work towards. As always it's a learning curve so i'll be guided by r-tech when it's ready to be mapped  ;)

Back to the top
Oh and I will be getting a diff in due course but want to get the car running sweetly and then do that perhaps next winter. Rome wasn't built in a day my friend  :lol:  ;)

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

Oh and I will be getting a diff in due course but want to get the car running sweetly and then do that perhaps next winter. Rome wasn't built in a day my friend  :lol:  ;)

ko3s have shot rods out of blocks . get sum forged rods in do it once do it right  ;)

Back to the top

peterg60 said

smudger1980 said

ko3s have shot rods out of blocks . get sum forged rods in do it once do it right  ;)

How much did that cost to do????

Back to the top
rods and big ends and rings about 450 doing it yourself. its peace of mind plus you can change all gaskets in the process alteast you know you got a good engine

Back to the top
lets get it running and on the road first ;)

Andy might join you in strengthening the engine at some point.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.