Skip navigation

Sally Cinnamon

Back to the top

1982 1.6 Gti Silver - Resto project

Instagram copies arent great quality - ill avoid that in future...

Back to the top
I've been degreasing the head and block internals, working out what needs replaced and what I can re-use. All parts look in good condition, so will likely stick with replacement of the usual: gaskets, seals, valve springs, bearings (maybe?), injectors and sleeves.

IMG_5217.JPG IMG_5211.JPG
IMG_5216.JPG
IMG_5395.JPG
IMG_5396.JPG

Back to the top
Head and block also given a good degrease, jet-wash and POR15 metal prep prior to paint

IMG_5172.JPG
IMG_5400.JPG
IMG_5407.JPG
IMG_5409.JPG
IMG_5411.JPG

Back to the top
IMG_5414.JPG
IMG_5416.JPG

Back to the top
Trying out POR15 high temp Engine Enamel, again after thoroughly drying with my air gun and then applying POR15 rust preventer and metal prep. Brushing it on, restricting to one coat plus any touch-ups once dry.

IMG_5449.JPG
IMG_5454.JPG
IMG_5462.JPG

Back to the top
Photos dont do it justice at all unfortunately, it looks really good in reality, very impressed and goes on really well.

Back to the top

Sally Cinnamon

1.6 GTi too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top
So you'd recommend the engine enamel then?

Ian

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top

borednow said

So you'd recommend the engine enamel then?

Ian

Yes I would, not sure how much the prep work helps (POR15 metal prep etc) but the enamel goes on really well and looks great. My only issue is the skill of the painter (!) couple drips which i need to flat out and repaint.

Im doing the head and other all'y components in Eastwood Aluma, having seen it in the flesh on another build. Hopefully will look the part.

Back to the top
Looking good Baggins, amazing work so far! You can do mine next.

Back to the top

gogs-Mk1 said

Looking good Baggins, amazing work so far! You can do mine next.

Yours runs a little better than mine at the moment G!  ;)

Back to the top
I've now got my new injectors and seats fitted, after getting the threads tapped due to some historical damage.

Keen to progress the rebuild of the head but i'm struggling to find valves and springs anywhere - tried usual suspects (GSF /Euro / VWH / CVW) without success. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Back to the top

Baggins said

I've now got my new injectors and seats fitted, after getting the threads tapped due to some historical damage.

Keen to progress the rebuild of the head but i'm struggling to find valves and springs anywhere - tried usual suspects (GSF /Euro / VWH / CVW) without success. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Update for anyone interested:

Springs available from Brickwerks.co.uk:
078109623A (outer)
078109633A (inner)

8 of each
£177.12 (plus del)

Also available from vwsupply.co.uk, but more expensive.

Springs/Valves available from Oemvwshop (Slovakia!) - havent found valves anywhere else yet so may have to go down this route - anyone used them?

Back to the top
Struggling to find a decent paintshop with availability anytime soon - any suggestions welcomed! SE England preferred, but not essential...

Back to the top

Sally Cinnamon

MotoSpray in Woodcote

Unit 5 Church Farm, Reading Rd, Reading RG8 0QX

Speak to Jem on 07810 134323

Jem was making a Bentley wing from scratch last time I popped in; he knows his onions!

Reasonable & honest pricing too. Sprayed the front of my T3 for £300.

1990 Singlecab 2.1 manual

Back to the top
Thanks for that mate. I'll give them a call today - sounds like they know what they are doing! :thumbs:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.