Skip navigation

My project

Back to the top

1982 gti

Cheers malcolm. The repaired section goes in bottom of door m8 but i still wanted it right, fussy get  haha.

Back to the top
Coming together nicely :D but dam you just realised I don't have than interior plastic cover that goes over the rear arches …another part iv got to try and find lol :/

Jamie

Back to the top
There's always bits you don't have mk1 Jamie

Back to the top

Good progress made this weekend fitted carpets rear seats seat belts dash head lining glued in place and doors built up (door cards to fit) suprising how much u can do when the wifes away haha.

Back to the top

Back to the top

well deserved beer while a clean up 

Back to the top

the old heat gun trick does a gud job on old plastic…..

Back to the top

i love the contrast with the white and black.

Back to the top

nearly forgot about VIN plate…

Back to the top
Love the build, been watching this.

It's a need trick with a heat gun, I used this for my bumpers, though don't go too close to any chrome trim fitted.

I have just fitted my VIN plate at the weekend, however, I fitted mine to the two holes to the left and below the bonnet stay clip. I took its position out of the Haynes manual.

Back to the top
You could be right malcolm oops. It will do where it's at for me by the time I get motor fitted it won't be looking nowt like original anyway haha. Thank for comments give you a lift when people like your work. :P

Back to the top

Back to the top

Pvc sheet fitted to doors then door cards cleaned up speaker pod repaired cables run and door insides fitted.

Back to the top

steering column fitted, the plastics round ignition barrel are a pain in the a### to fit…

Back to the top
your making rapid process now, it's great to see it develop  :thumbs:

matt

Back to the top
You'll soon be driving! I bet you can't wait  :thumbs:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Steering rack stripped cleaned/painted new rod ends and gaiters fitted.

Back to the top

track rod gaitor bushes missing. Any solutions to this (buy make mod) as all rest of  rack good.

Back to the top
Does the heat gun process on bumpers last? Is there a gel coating you can put on them also to black them up?

Back to the top
I dont know how long it lasts jezzer suppose it depends on where its kept. I will just use some silicone back to black on them unless someone knows of a better product. 
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.