Skip navigation

my Mk1 20v 1.8t k04 hybrid dyno results 16/08/2015

Back to the top

Mk1 20vt Megasquirt attempt (and it runs woop woop )

:rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:

Great news Pete :clap: :clap:

Back to the top
The new intercooler looks the nuts, Can you please send me the details and where I can get the same. Much appreciated in advance!

Back to the top
here is the intercooler i used fits nicecly as you can see with a mk2 16v rad with a slimline fan. currently out of stock but keep checking they come in everyweek

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310372723225?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Back to the top
Looks identical to mine :lol:

THIS is the one I got mate. Pretty much the same as Pete's. Have a search through eBay there's a fair bit of choice depending on your budget.

Back to the top
yours has 2.25 inlet and outlet my one has 2.5 matching throttleboddie only differnce i think

Back to the top
Cheers guy's much appreciated.

I think for the price difference I'll make the 2.25" inlet and outlet one work.

Loving the builds!

I'm just gathering parts etc at present, Got a AMK engine, 02J box, VR6 clutch, G60 flywheel, manual belt tensioner etc. so as you are both aware the shopping list has a good bit to go yet.

Thanks

Back to the top
just to let you know my was £64.99 not £640 as it states it shows that price due to not being in stock

Last edit: by peterg60

Back to the top
Ah I see.

Jesus I was sitting think I could have done the coolers on my old 996 Turbo for that, then I thought I love my mk1 but not that much LOL.

Cool, in that case I'll keep an eye out for them coming back in.

Cheers:$

Back to the top
Whatever your budget is double it :lol: I've spent more than I though already and I haven't even got to the fuel pump and lines setup yet  :P

Back to the top
really nice build and video mate, not sure if i should put a 20vt in my other mk1. I got a full APY engine out of a seat ibiza cupra, i got a separate AGU head and turborevs KO4 hybrid turbo sat in the garage...

Back to the top

Swallowtail_uk said

really nice build and video mate, not sure if i should but a 20vt in my other mk1. I got a full APY engine out of a seat ibiza cupra, i got a separate AGU head and turborevs KO4 hybrid turbo sat in the engine…..
go for it m8 you got the engine and a hybrid .  :thumbs:  im looking into switchable map 200bhp for cruisng and full pelt when needs being

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

Whatever your budget is double it :lol: I've spent more than I though already and I haven't even got to the fuel pump and lines setup yet  :P

yep its the little things that add up you wanna see my purchase history on ebay lol long

Back to the top
well insured the car today even tho it ant on the road fought it make me get it done quicker  :Pjust rebuilt my o2j tower today with audi tt short shift and new level catch. also the later stlye bowcatches cant wait to fit it and how it feels. on the car all weekend so will update.

Back to the top
Nice one Pete good luck with it. Looking forward to the next update  :)

Back to the top

Back to the top
you sort the cambelt out?

Back to the top
yes m8 tryed it with 10mm from block still not running true more over  towards the head. so spaced it 14mm from head and now its dead centre. mk2 16v tensionor has a 2mm lip so they say put a 8mm spacer = 10mm like yours and smudger. my didnt want to know at 10mm . but all good now thanks

Back to the top
where did you get the downpipe for this mate? youve got a good thread here and im doing the same in my mk1 caddy but its the BAM engine code? and also where did you get the bushes to go in your engine mounts bud? :)

Back to the top
The down pipe is the same as mine mate. I think Pete's car was the mule for the design??

Came from HERE. Speak to Matt and he will sort you out. Top service and excellent quality. Worth the £££.

Smudger

Back to the top
yep as above trackslag downpipe. and yes my car was used for the design i brought the mounts complete with bushes fitted  im sure you can get the bushes from gsf

There are too many online users to list.