Skip navigation

My Mk1 2.0 16v ABF on twin 45 weber carbs

Back to the top

Conversion

Off to the rollers at last. Can't wait to get DSC_0076.JPG

Back to the top
So after 12 months working on my mk1 she is all finished 12 months mot without any advisorys. Carbs all set up and now map fine tuned she made 176bhp which I am very happy with. Tuner commented that it is a very clean golf with a cracking engine. Nice to hear so bring on the show season as I missed the last one. Thanks all once again see you all soon.

Back to the top

I've got a mk1 5 door and it's so sad seeing all these 3 doors makes mine look so rubbish

Back to the top
SAM_4961.JPG SAM_4958.JPG So a few finishing touches today I have gone black on white sort of theme. Yes I am aware the plates are not legal but there are no police patrolling nowa days any way. SAM_4959.JPG

Back to the top
Just needs dropping a tad more on the coil overs but not to much as I dont really do the low and slow thing anymore lol.

Back to the top

Looks great mate

Back to the top
Cheers bud she is getting there now 

Back to the top
Looks good mate, I've also got those plates and haven't been pulled as yet.

Follow me on Instagram, scottyr_mk1golf

Back to the top

Looks amazing now bud

Back to the top
So she made 176 bhp happy days. DSC_0092.JPG

Back to the top
176 hp is impressive. Apart from the 4 branch exhaust, twin 45's and aftermarket engine management system did you do any other mods to the engine?

• 1978 MK1 GL 2 door with 2.0 16v ABF, twin 40's, Recaros, lots of suspension mods. I'll get it back on the road one day.
  • 1991 MK2 GTI 4 door. Was my daily doing over 1000 ks a week until it hit a truck. RIP. Got another one now and loving it!
  • 1991 MK2 GTI 4 door for parts.
  • 1998 Seat Cupra + another used as a donor for the MK1
  • 1999 Passat Wagon. Needs street cred but at least it's a manual.

Back to the top
No bud just a really strong low mileage engine with full seat service history. Tuner commented too saying really cracking engine.

Back to the top
New radiator fitted today as the previous standard gti top radiator hose received_1049200675101388.jpeg fouled the carbs. The new one is a corsa rad and hose combinations from the scrap yard. Switched the twin fans to engine side as rad now sits under the panel. 

Back to the top
Some better photos. SAM_5166.JPG SAM_5168.JPG SAM_5171.JPG SAM_5176.JPG SAM_5178.JPG SAM_5162.JPG SAM_5173.JPG

Back to the top
Just read the thread and this is a sweet sweet car…. it's nice to see a clean car like this.. especially like your choice of alloys.

Back to the top
Cheers bud.

Back to the top
Now cleaned and polished. DSC00033.JPG DSC00048.JPG DSC00046.JPG

Back to the top
really nice got a cabro and same set up got mine to 205 bhp!:thumbs: 

Back to the top
205 bhp now that takes some doing very impressive must have had cams done at the very least.

Back to the top

RattyDub said

205 bhp now that takes some doing very impressive must have had cams done at the very least.
i think it has,there is a list of what it had done i will look for it,i really dont know what it all means other than its quick i want to take it up the strip at some point

Last edit: by matty34

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.