Skip navigation

My J Plate Sportline - Build Thread

Back to the top

My J Plate Sportline - Build Thread - Updates on last page

Looks cool to me and spacers on the rear will be fine to :-)

Back to the top

richyhill said

="Watson"Looking good Mr Hill. New wheels and tyres look spot-on and nice work on the arches.]

Thanks mate, getting there

You fancy Bristol Volksfest this year? its a great show, check out the link I have in the National Section

Cheers

Rich

Yep Bristol Volksfest looks a good show. Been meaning to attend this for several years. Have to see how things are nearer the time.

Back to the top
So little update on mine.

After someone scuffing my front bumper last year and the rear bumper having some paint crazing I always wanted to paint them. Whilst doing that I am going to have some other bits done, so Bank Holiday Monday night 5th May, the car is going into paint shop for a week and having:

1. Front bumper and number plate holder re paint
  2. Rear bumper repaint
  3. Chip in drivers side wing repaired and repaint from side strips down
  4. Lacquer peal at top of windscreen stripped, re painted and re lacquered.
  5. Full paintless dent removal over whole car to get any of the annoying little pin prick size dents out etc

Here are the before pics / problems areas

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
That will make such a difference Rich, getting all the small stuff sorted  :thumbs:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Exciting :-)

When you get it back looking perfect, remember to paint your front indicator surrounds;-)

Look forward to the new pics when it returns :-D

Back to the top
Cheers Guys

Looking forward to getting it back.

Whole interior has been stripped out as didn't want to risk it getting dusty in bodyshop so is all being wet vac'd and cleaned this week ready to go back in  :)

Thanks to @golfbitz for lending me a seat to drive it to bodyshop, your a ledge.

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Your Sportline already looks stunning Rich. gonna really look the business when you get it back. You and Arf still attending Dubs at the Park ?

Back to the top
Hi Watson

Yep all being well we are there. Just need to make sure I get car back from bodyshop and get it all back together in time as got loads going on each weekend at mo, and need more time!  :)

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
So whilst the Sportline was in the bodyshop I borrowed my friends wet vac.

I wipe the seats over about once a month and keep the fronts covered up, so thought they were fairly clean. The colour of water in the wet vac said different!

Before:

After:

Really happy with the results though , cant believe a 22 year old interior can come up this clean and like new :-)

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
Then popped up to the bodyshop today to get the car.

I am really happy with it, the paint match is amazing.

The guys a bodyshop though didn't paint the front number plate holder  :P . So I have taken that off and left it with them so they can paint it.

Horrible weather down here today so no chance to clean interior of golf and carpet before interior goes back in, hopefully weather will be better tomorrow, but here are some pics showing the painted and repaired areas:

I also got them to pop some black paint on the front bumper irons around the indicator surrounds

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
Looks amazing Rich, u must be over the moon !!!!

Apart from the number plate holder :-(

Back to the top
Rich you can detail mine when it's finished.your looks well nice.

Back to the top
Great job on the paint, how chuffed!

Your seats have come up well, very black. I need to do mine!

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Paintwork repairs and interior looking fantastic. Looking forward to seeing it next week.

Back to the top
Looks awesome .bet your well pleased.
A few sportline minters just now and your is one of them.just looked at the German one linked on Hugh's website ….wow!

Back to the top
Looking great Richy, you must be well chuffed with that paint work!! :cool:

Back to the top
Massbad69 - Yeah shame about the plate holder, but will be good once I pick it up painted Monday night!

I did think I could have had front bumper holes filled in as love the look of it without plate, but I think as its a sportline sticking standard / OEM+ is the way forward

mike_turbo - of course I can mate, its looks great in pics, but I want to invest in a DA polisher really. Its all done by hand and the 4 stage G3 stuff I use is pretty good.

Hairyarse - Yeah mate, was very surprised with how much dirt came out of them!

watson - Thanks mate, see you Sunday!

geestur - Thanks mate, the sportline I bought that had nothing wrong with it has turnt into an addiction and I have pumped a fair bit in just refurbing / powdercoating and improving stuff, love the addiction though   :) , I have not checked the german one out on Hughs site, will take a look shortly

Melteddrummer - Thanks mate, I am just cant wait to give the whole car a clean, and some wax now , hopefully that will be done next Sat ready for show Sunday, I am just praying for a dry day to do it

Last edit: by richyhill

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
Ok, was me Birthday today, and wasn't going out for food with the family till early afternoon so I thought great, lets get interior back in.

Before car went to bodyshop I covered up door cards and dash so these kept nice and clean and no dust  :) .

The weather in Bristol was rain rain rain today, so I started by cleaning interior and carpet in my tiny garage hoping the rain would stop for long enough to get the car outside, doors open and seats in!

Here's a few pics.

Next on the Agenda is if work isn't too bad take this Friday off, if not hopefully it will be dry Sat and I can give the car a full clean, get rid of all bodyshop dust, get a layer of way on ready for a show on May 18th

Rear bench back in

Rain stopped, quick quick quick, get the front seats in :-)

Passenger in

Drivers in

All done :-)

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
Happy days, looks lovely!!

Back to the top
Its Gleaming birthday boy :-)

Hope u had a nice day :-)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.