Skip navigation

My Black Sportline - Update on my sold car :-)

Back to the top
Yes they are Mark, I have them a guide on how to do it from Chortle.
They just have it taped off just now to protect it from the dust.

Back to the top

Back to the top
WOW, suprised, what the plans now then tin top?

Will the bodyshop owner keep you updated, be good to see it when done and hopefully he will pop across to the froum

Now you have the storage unit you are going to have an empty garage :-)

Defender ?

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
agreed, way to much no where near the budget that went in the bin  :) , and if now gives you the chance if you wanted to do underside, axles etc etc on the red one, although i know you have already pumped some fair money into that

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
I'm in shock Chris. This has happened suddenly. What's the score mate? You must have seen something you wanted to replace it?

Back to the top

smudger said

I'm in shock Chris. This has happened suddenly. What's the score mate? You must have seen something you wanted to replace it?

Smudger

Too much work and hassle tbh so I just sold it when I had the chance, the good thing is that the bodyshop owner is buying it and it will still be done and then sold on after next summer.

Im going to buy a winter runner to keep the M3 off the road and then give it to my lad as his first car next year, so it will be a massive 1 litre engined Lupo  :wub:

Back to the top
If you're going for a Lupo look at the 1.4TDI mate. Can be had relatively cheaply and are suprisingly nippy.

I know of one coming up for sale soon so give me a shout if interested :)

Smudger

Back to the top
Andy I might get back to you if its a minter as I am getting sick of travelling to The Dark side to get my cars    :lol:

Back to the top
I'm shocked you sold it chris,but mine will be done for you next year lol.as for buying a lupo they are great car to buy your son.

Back to the top
Mike I need to start saving and selling kidneys for yours and the Lupo or Polo should be a good wee winter car and first car for Cameron :-)

Back to the top
As above. I thought you might have kept it for next summer at least. But I suppose if you get a decent offer then you take it.
Ive been advised not to get the 1.0 litre but to get the 1.4s lupo.

First Golf, lots of work. I've started so I'll finish!

Back to the top
Car is now sold, cash in my pocket and parts to sell.
Already sold strut top caps, bonnet catches and euro spec steering wheel.

Still got outer scrapers, side trims, hella headlights and Fischer tape holder plus other bits to sell when I get round to it.

Back to the top
Surprised you've sold it Chris. Hopefully the new owner will come on here with some finished pics when done.  Time for a tintop now ?

Back to the top
No chance Dave, keeping my pennies for a change.

Back to the top
My mate popped into the bodyshop that bought this car and it's still there.

Progress

Glad it was saved

Back to the top
Should look good once all done, nice to see it progress ;)

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.