Skip navigation

My Black Sportline - Update on my sold car :-)

Back to the top
Budget, phah! what budget lol  ;)

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
The only budget that chris knows is the place that used to fit tyres and exhausts  :lol:

First Golf, lots of work. I've started so I'll finish!

Back to the top
2 new parcels today

All the stickers reqd, bodykit gasket kit and new metal pressed number plates.

just left Greenflag as I didn't like how you were covered just per car or paid more for personal cover, after reading reviews, I just joined GEM motoring assist, who came out top in Auto Expresses review.

Personal cover, home and relay etc for £75 - perfect.

Just ordered Osram night breaker H4 headlight bulbs and double sided tape for the Karmann badges.

Last edit: by Massbad69

Back to the top

Macca said

The only budget that chris knows is the place that used to fit tyres and exhausts  :lol:

Budgets are for Chancellors of the Exchequer !!

Back to the top

richyhill said

Budget, phah! what budget lol  ;)

CORRECT

Back to the top
My newly retrimmed Euro spec Sportline steering wheel came today for my red car, so once the black car is resprayed I will put my existing red cars Euro steering wheel on it.

Back to the top
wow that wheel looks the dogs mate !

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Picked up 10 litres of Synta and 3 litres of G13 at the Vw show today.
Ball joint tool and electric spades as well as new rear suspension bolts all sorted as well.

Back to the top
I find those fork type of ball joint splitter just wreak the rubber boots and are a right pain to work with, all that hammering, used one for years till I brought one like this.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BALL-JOINT-SCISSOR-TYPE-SPLITTER-SEPERATOR-20-40MM-SEPARATOR-TIE-ROD-END-/130959404316?pt=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item1e7dc9ed1c
Push it on, tighten the bolt, quick tap with a hammer and it pops off so much easier.

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.

Back to the top
Thanks for that Mark :-)

Truth be told, I was at a Vw show yesterday and I was walking past the tool stall when it started pouring with rain, so I went in and sheltered and felt the need to buy something as the shower lasted a fair while :-(

Car shows in Scotland = Rain

Back to the top
Theres nothing wrong with the fork type as I've used one for years its just it will always wreak the rubber boot, not a problem if you are replacing the track rod end.
If you need to do the bottom ball joint you will need a fork one as the other one won't fit so Im sure you will find it useful and you can never have enough tools!

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.

Back to the top
Steering wheel looks mint Chris. Nice one mate.  :thumbs:

Back to the top
More bits.

Bolts, Osram night breakers, double sided tape of different sizes and crimper.

Back to the top
What's the profile like on the pattern kit gaskets? 

Oh and it never rains in England! We have tropical sun as England is better than Scotland :lol: :ninja:  

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top

funk-star said

What's the profile like on the pattern kit gaskets? 

Oh and it never rains in England! We have tropical sun as England is better than Scotland :lol: :ninja:  

I told you already, the comedy channel is looking for you !!!

I've not opened them yet Mark, I will get back to you.

Remember your favourite Jocks A pillar and B pillar trims :-)

Back to the top
This Sportline was lucky to find you, Chris!! Your spoiling of it is relentless :lol:

Fair play to you bud!! :thumbs:

Andy. :cool:

Back to the top

Melteddrummer said

This Sportline was lucky to find you, Chris!! Your spoiling of it is relentless :lol:

Fair play to you bud!! :thumbs:

Andy. :cool:

Cheers Andy

Hopefully I can revive it to a good standard ??

Back to the top
I'm sure you will mate, look forward to seeing her progress :)

Back to the top
SHOULD I SELL IT !!

Thinking about selling the car all ready for respray with all the parts and just covering my costs ???

O_o

Back to the top
Sell it and get a tin top

Best of both worlds

:thumbs:

April 14, 2005
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.