Skip navigation

My Black Sportline - Update on my sold car :-)

Back to the top

Macca said

Is that your hair brush above the door strikers?

Yip and I can also use it for the mohair hood ;-)

Back to the top
Good reply :thumbs:

First Golf, lots of work. I've started so I'll finish!

Back to the top
Bored so just playing.

Wish list.

Euro spec Sportline steering wheel
Red carpets
Mats
Head unit
Number plates
Headlights
Grill
Refurb BBS ra's with Toyo Proxes
Front springs and shocks
Engine bay completely done to my standard
Stainless exhaust
Brakes
Respray

Anyone that knows me knows that I will try my best to complete this list. Soon.

Back to the top
Bodyshop tomorrow after work to get the first proper look/estimate.
Could be a full respray but it all depends on cost :-/

Back to the top
Fingers crossed - may as well go the whole hog if cost isn't too bad.

As an aside, once AGM 2014 date is confirmed will you be passing it on to ALL of your friends and family to ensure that none of them clash with it?

Otherwise, just tell them all to come too and combine functions!  :lol:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Nice one Andy  :lol:

Back to the top
Full respray booked in for 14th Sept :-)

Glass out, kit off and hopefully an ace job, my mate got his Porsche done there last year and it came 2nd in the Porsche club concourse, so hoping for same job ;-)

Also, just realised that my budget may well get bust because I've just realised that when it comes home with mint paint and the good mohair roof, I then think I will go the full front end suspension and brakes.
Then the full rear the same incl rear beam and petrol tank etc etc
Maybe even engine out and bay painted ??

Just need the money :-)

Back to the top
Chris, when we were chatting i meant to say last night that garage that you use that is well priced, could you not consider getting them to drop engine out and get engine bay painted now whilst its in for the paint?

I am sure your above list will be done in the next few months ;-) you an addict :-)

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Nice to speak to you last night Chris matey. Good luck with the respray. I would echo the comments of Richy in getting them to do the engine bay whislt it's being resprayed. :)

Back to the top
Gents

Although that is the correct thing to do, I havent made up my mind regarding the engine bay yet ??

At the moment I will just do what I did to my red car and I would be more than happy with the result if it came out the same  :)

As you both know, its an evolving project and I will do the bay last after the exterior and interior. Its maybe not the ideal way but its my way  :thumbs:

I still need to finish off the red car as well but its all about the money  :|

Back to the top
i heard you can weigh scaffold poles in for good money at the mo  ;) , that will raise some funds  :)

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Another wee update.

Fischer tape holder arrived

Back to the top
Just back from hols to Egypt and ordered a few bits.

Febi Bilstein top mount kit
New front grill black VW badge
Bonnet prop catch
Bodykit gasket kit
Rivet gun

Coming from Funk

New Hella headlights
New A pillar gutter trims
New clips for bodykit
Glovebox lower catch
New boot seal, which will do both cars

I need to convert the electric windows back to the manual mechanisms before it goes for its respray.

I have removed the front grill and badges, ordered the new centre VW badge and sprayed the GTI badge black like I have done the rest of the badges.
Also bought Autoglym plastic trim gel to clean up the front grill.

Back to the top
Chris
I hope you had a good holiday and your family are all well and on the mend.
The body kit gasket set, would that be the one that goes in between the side skirts and the car. If so where did you order it from and how much?  As jeni could do with one for her cabby.

Back to the top

Macca said

Chris
I hope you had a good holiday and your family are all well and on the mend.
The body kit gasket set, would that be the one that goes in between the side skirts and the car. If so where did you order it from and how much?  As jeni could do with one for her cabby.

eBay Greig from mk1autohaus_2003 in America for approx £50 shipped.

Back to the top
Looks like I will change out the electric windows this Saturday with my mate before it goes to the bodyshop.

Looks like I've got a Euro Spec Sportline steering wheel heading my way hopefully :-)

Back to the top
 ;) , this thread is gona be a long one, cant wait to see if back from body shop mate, gona look epic when you have finished !

We just need to get you with both of them at the AGM so we can pop your red one on one end of the sportline photo and your black one on the other !

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
Quite a list there Chris to be getting on with :)

Back to the top
Rivet gun and febi top mounts have arrived.

Going to take all the door cards out this weekend hopefully.

Back to the top
Just wondering whether I get it painted and looking good and then sell it ??

Buy a tintop ?

Go berserk on the black one and use it to learn on and change everything ?

Who knows !!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.