Skip navigation

My Black Sportline - Update on my sold car :-)

Back to the top
Looks brilliant love the black sebrings :)

Back to the top
We prepped scotts for respray mate and it dosnt need to be that hard, release rear tension cable and pull back of roof out of lip, the roof can then be masked off and covered so it dosnt get filthy , rather than take all glass out you can just remove rubbers, then just little bits like side trims lights, grill etc.

If you put aside a weekend you could easily strip it for paint and have everything organised and ready to go back on, then another weekend putting it back together

but like you said if top half isnt too bad then hopefully you can blend it easy with a seamless finish, also if its had paint in the past hopefully paint will be thick enough for paint correction etc :-)

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
looking good chris!! its giving me a bit of motivation to get mine sorted and driving again beginning of August!

Back to the top
Rich, I'm just not keen on getting the whole car done but I will take advice from the bodyshop.

Dubduds thanks, I love the wheels too :-)

Mat get stuck in mate and get that lovely car going :-)

I got a wee parcel today, strut top caps, petrol cap, door jam  light thingies and a fan belt.

Booked the car in to the garage on Saturday for the starter motor, manifold gasket and a time up and inspection.

Also ordered new black waist trims and clips.

Back to the top
And my new outer window scrapers just arrived and they can go on when the manual windows get fitted.

Back to the top
 :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

Back to the top

smudger said

Back to the top
I can't stop !!!

Help me !!!

I've just ordered the Sportline side decals and arch stone protectors for after the paint and 2 more door jam light thingies (for my red car).

Back to the top
They're an addiction these MK1's aren't they Chris.  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top
Just a mild addiction Andy, you should see me with my Barbie collection  :o

Back to the top
I thought you were into inflatable dolls ;)

Back to the top

smudger said

I thought you were into inflatable dolls ;)

Correct, I just like calling them all Barbie as they get upset if I call them by another name by mistake ??

Back to the top
Got my parcel from Funk star with my manual window mechanisms, window winders, switch blanks, starter motor, GOLFGTI badge, rear seat release strap and I sprayed up all the badges black as I like them black on the black car.

Back to the top
you dont hang about mate! you going back to manual windows rather than keeping the electirc ones , were they after market electric ones rather than OEM?

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Rich, I'm going back to manual windows, so I will fit them after the spray job when fitting the new outer scrapers.

The passenger side window motor supposedly doesn't work, I've not checked what's wrong but I'm taking them out and yes they are after market ones, as there is blanks on the door cards where the winders go.

I got 2 blanks for where the window switches are next to the electric roof button, so it goes back to standard.

Ive even got a costs spreadsheet going as there is a budget for this car and I am right on target with what I expect to spend as long as the paint comes in at the price I think ??
I am also keeping everything standard to keep costs real and I want it completely stock :-)

The only extravagance will be the engine bay, which costs a fair bit to do it right and its staying on the black Sebrings until the very end.

Back to the top
Fair play.

I love spreadsheets and folders and have one for bloomin everything and get taken the mick out of for doing it, but its an easy way to track where you stand.

I know you though lol, so once the budget goes out the window just accidently on purpose delete the Excell and she will never know ;-)

Black sebrings on till the end then reurbed RA's back on? , and a fantastic looking restored rare L plate sportline, nice :-)

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
Yep I got a spreadsheet too for my MK1, listing all parts I've bought and what I still need to buy. The grand total of both lists is scary!! LOL  :o

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

Yep I got a spreadsheet too for my MK1, listing all parts I've bought and what I still need to buy. The grand total of both lists is scary!! LOL  :o

There is no pockets in a shroud  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Very cool! :cool: Looking forward to seeing how this progresses. :)

Mk1 Golf floor mats - for tin top and cabriolet - Zero7796 17298Five

Back to the top

GavB95 said

Very cool! :cool: Looking forward to seeing how this progresses. :)

Cheers Gav

I hope it comes out as good as my red one !!!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.