Skip navigation

Mellow Yellow 3.2ltr 24v Conversion

Back to the top
Rich. 720 posts in this thread and nearly 65k views - just epic!
That is why we keep this forum alive, epic builds like this and the lovely searchable history - everything since 2004!
I recently moved it all to a new more powerful server, hopefully it feels more responsive :-)

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top

lhasadreams said

Rich. 720 posts in this thread and nearly 65k views - just epic!
That is why we keep this forum alive, epic builds like this and the lovely searchable history - everything since 2004!
I recently moved it all to a new more powerful server, hopefully it feels more responsive :-)

Thanks Ade that's very kind of you.

More to come this year ;).

It certainly is snappy now. Thanks to you and the club  :wub:

Back to the top
Hey rich did you get rev counter and speedo working.also  Is it best to get mk5 engine looms and ecu out of same car ? Anything else that can be used .
Vr6 golf Coraddo box clutch flywheel

Back to the top

Shawy said

Hey rich did you get rev counter and speedo working.also  Is it best to get mk5 engine looms and ecu out of same car ? Anything else that can be used .
Vr6 golf Coraddo box clutch flywheel

For mk5 variation of the 24v you need a VSS conversion box so your OEM rev counter works.

This is what I use: https://www.vdveer-engineering.nl/en/products/can-controller/can-controller-overview

The speedo if using an 02a (Corrado VR6 / Golf VR6) or 02j (Golf V5)  gearbox uses the mechanical speed sensor in these gearboxes with a 1.1/1.3 mk1 Golf speedo cable.

Buy engine with ecu and looms.

Back to the top
You need a VR6 Clutch and Flywheel

Back to the top
Gearbox is ready to go back in with the new Quaife LSD, new bearings and races installed as well.

IMG-20240123-WA0001.jpg

Back to the top
Gearbox given a coat of paint.

IMG_20240127_155704.jpg IMG_20240127_155804.jpg  

Back to the top
Also reinforced the clutch engagement fork.

IMG_20240120_123608.jpg IMG_20240120_123615.jpg IMG_20240123_175029.jpg

Back to the top
Cheers mate 👍 appreciated Awsome work

Back to the top

Mellow Yellow 3.2ltr 24v Conversion

Rich mate you are the King of this forum my friend! You never cease to amaze buddy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are too many online users to list.