Skip navigation

Massbad69's Sportline - Back again

Back to the top
Great work mate,you can come to my house and finish off mine :D

Back to the top

djrussf1 said

Great work! Love the exhaust.

Is that a new brake fluid reservoir? Where did you get it… I need a new one!

Cheers, its a used one that I cleaned up but the one thats coming of the car is nearly immaculate so if I do that servo etc proffesionally I will have the better resevoir to go on it.

I never tried to find a new one but I have never seen one, maybe Vw still does them  :dontknow:

Hows your build coming along ??

Chris

Back to the top

mike_turbo said

Mike you wouldnt want me to ruin your motor would you  :redfaced:

Hope yours is coming alongI am sure it is. Just recently met a guy a few miles away with the same car as you in very good condition, he has started a thread on the projects forum, his name is DELBOY1975, check it out as I think he is going to improve his over the next wee while too?

Chris

Back to the top

Massbad69 said

mike_turbo said

Mike you wouldnt want me to ruin your motor would you  :redfaced:

Hope yours is coming alongI am sure it is. Just recently met a guy a few miles away with the same car as you in very good condition, he has started a thread on the projects forum, his name is DELBOY1975, check it out as I think he is going to improve his over the next wee while too?

Chris
LOL. Yes been busy doing a other little project i had going on which was a vw lupo but now finished going to move it on and buy another audi s3  as a every day car.will update my thread over the weekend.

Back to the top
Got the car its intermediate service today to keep its FSH and got my refurbed servo, master cylinder and brake linkage fitted. Obviously a brake fluid change needed at the same time, took a couple of pics and it looks decent, just need to clean the area around the brake linkage now to finish the bay off.

Last edit: by Massbad69

Back to the top
Just a couple of pics after a 3 hour pampering today

Now got to decide whether to get the sills, mirrors and dents painted and sorted OR get the new gearbox rebuilt and fitted ??

Back to the top
Some very nice detailing that you have done to the car.keep up the good work.!

Back to the top

mike_turbo said

Some very nice detailing that you have done to the car.keep up the good work.!

Cheers Mike, one day I will have the guts to machine detail but the hand done results are pretty good and safer  :wink:

Chris

Back to the top
Chris was looking though my service book and my car came from scotland from new it was serviced at ingrams paisley vw .Then was in Edinburgh from 06 to08 and serviced at sloan of edinburgh.It may go back to its home one day.lol.

Back to the top

mike_turbo said

Chris was looking though my service book and my car came from scotland from new it was serviced at ingrams paisley vw .Then was in Edinburgh from 06 to08 and serviced at sloan of edinburgh.It may go back to its home one day.lol.

Destiny

I have started saving up already, remember to give me first shout when you finish MY car to see if I have saved up enough pennies  :wink:

Mine is the opposite of yours it has been an Essex car from Brentwood, then serviced there til 1994, then Ingatestone  Essex from 1995 to 1997, then Brentwood Essex from 1999 to 2003, then Burnham on Crouch  Essex 2004 to 2008, then Slough 2009 and finally to Scotland from 2010.

Back to the top
Chris - motor is looking pretty good… scrubs up well  :lol:

Like the addition of the 'sportline' baseball hat on the dash  :wink:

Its interesting to look back at 20 years of motoring through the service history…

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top

Shughy said

Chris - motor is looking pretty good… scrubs up well  :lol:

Like the addition of the 'sportline' baseball hat on the dash  :wink:

Its interesting to look back at 20 years of motoring through the service history…

Thought you would like the cap  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Looking great as usual Chris.

You have done a cracking job on the engine bay.

Back to the top
After coming to a mutual agreement to cancel  the deal on the white BBS ra's a few weeks back, I  changed my mind and have re-bought them and hopefully they arrive by courier today  :mrgreen:

They will not look as good as the originals but they will be good for a change and also for spares  :wink:

I bought a set of mudflaps but on first inspection during the week, dont think they are going to fit properly  :(  but they were only a tenner posted  :| and I will try them properly when the wheels are off while changing them for the white ones.

If the wheels arrive today I might put them on after my work and take some pics  :dontknow:

Working Saturday and Sunday will pay for the wheels as well - so delighted  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Hi all, finally got my refurbed white BBS ra's and quickly put them on, unfortunately one has been chipped in transit and 1 of the tyres is leaking around the rim which I need to look into  :banghead:  :dontknow:

Some pics anyway, they certainly are different from the standard black wheels and I got the idea from StuFindlay who has the same car on the forum and when these wheels came up I thought they would be good for a change, hope you like them.

Cheers Chris

Back to the top
Looking good Chris.

I would run them as winter wheels and put the originals back on next summer.

Back to the top

BigNormRivage said

Looking good Chris.

I would run them as winter wheels and put the originals back on next summer.

Thats the idea, look after the original ones and scrub them up and polish them inside and out.

The leaking tyre is a strange one though, do you know what I need to do, do I just over inflate it to try and get a better seal ??

Back to the top
Could be leaking if the wheel is buckled.

Im no expert when it comes to that.

Going to a tyre place would be the best option.

Back to the top

BigNormRivage said

Could be leaking if the wheel is buckled.

Im no expert when it comes to that.

Going to a tyre place would be the best option.

Yes, Paul C said the same so I will take it and get it re sealed at the weekend hopefully  :)

If that doesnt work the wheel looks straight so might have to think about new tyre, hopefully not though  :|

Back to the top
New bonnet catch and latch fitted

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.