Skip navigation

Massbad69's Sportline - Back again

Back to the top
No mate flying over and hiring a car as got to get home for the kids  :(

Back to the top
Ah no worries… I'll meet you in my motor.

Drop me a line when you have your holiday plans made…  :wink:

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top
Finished the new suspension and all the painting underneath, some pics of the finished ride height.

Cheers Chris

Last edit: by Massbad69

Back to the top
Chris that suspension has totally changed the car.

Whats the ride like now?

Really tempted to change mine now.

Back to the top
Ceri

In my opinion it sits lovely now and I am delighted with the finished look, -35mm is just perfect for the compromise between look and comfort.
I have only went a wee drive but it seems to drive well, it obviously is firmer but not like the coilovers that were on it which were too low and brutal.
The change was easy even for me it was just the different size threads in the top nuts in the boot that stopped me finishing it as the nuts that came of were the wrong thread and had to wait for the new ones today.
Once I have had a good drive I will give give you a shout on how it drives.

Chris

Back to the top
Yeah I think its sitting perfect now mate.

Is it lowered 35mm all round?

Back to the top

BigNormRivage said

Yeah I think its sitting perfect now mate.

Is it lowered 35mm all round?

Yes -35mm front and rear and I was only going to use the fronts if required but over the moon with the look so delighted.

I need to do the exhaust still and now got the bug to get the rear beam powdercoated along with both arb's with new bushes on rear, who nows ??

Back to the top
Looks pretty good…

The new anti roll bars made such a difference to my motor. Really tightened it up - in and out of bends and now goes straight in a line… even at 80mph. No dash shutter and a great mod to any car.

Interested to hear how your car performs on a longer spin - drive it over…???  :wink:

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top

Shughy said

Looks pretty good…

The new anti roll bars made such a difference to my motor. Really tightened it up - in and out of bends and now goes straight in a line… even at 80mph. No dash shutter and a great mod to any car.

Interested to hear how your car performs on a longer spin - drive it over…???  :wink:

Hugh if life was that easy mate, I knew that I shouldnt have had kids  :wink:

Every time I do something though I just want to do more, as in the rear, new suspension, brakes and painted bits but now I want my axle done like you did and the brake back plates too as well as all new bushes and powdercoated arb or new one, its daffodil endless. Its when you see the difference between before and after in photos or new bits against old bits you just think hmmmmm ???

Then theres the front end ……………………………………………………..then theres………………………………………….etc

Will see you soon though but I will only have a photo of my car  :cry:

Back to the top
It looks great mate,if it was black it would be so much better!LOL..Not really makes me want a red one.

Back to the top
Looks like a nice sensible height, this is what I need to do really to mine, but always end up making it a bit too low! I've got to find that old lady that lives around my area so I can have a red one and a black one!
:-)

Back to the top
Love this car
Wish id got a red sportline instead of my Black 1

Back to the top

mike_turbo said

It looks great mate,if it was black it would be so much better!LOL..Not really makes me want a red one.

I really wanted a black one to begin with and after travelling 400 miles to get this a mint black one came up a couple of miles away from me about a week later  :banghead:

Mike I was interested in your arb's if you would post them, pm me if you still have them and can do it ??

Chris

Back to the top

matcupra said

Looks like a nice sensible height, this is what I need to do really to mine, but always end up making it a bit too low! I've got to find that old lady that lives around my area so I can have a red one and a black one!
:-)

Black for Mon, Wed and Fri with the red one for the other days, what a great idea, just need to convince my wife  :wink:

The ride height is suitable for the state of the roads around me and also the state of my 40 year old bones  :lol:

Back to the top

chink said

Love this car
Wish id got a red sportline instead of my Black 1

If you had a red one you would just want a black one  :dontknow:

If the original red paint hasnt pinked they look great even though it has 20yr old character, chips dings and scrapes but I have seen worse 2 year old cars

Back to the top
I have seen BBS ra's in white for sale, do you think they would be good for swapping with the black wheels for a change ????

Back to the top
Just bought a set of refurbed white BBS ra's for swapping with my standard black ones for a change, StuFindlay has the same on his red sportline and they look great!!

Also booked it in to longlife for a stainless exhaust in October and lastly annual service and tax in September.

New handbag and shoes for the missus and it's amazing how easy it is  :|

Will put pics up of the White wheels when they arrive.

Back to the top
Hopefully just got an AUG box and servo with linkage all to get refurbed and hopefully fitted over the winter  :dontknow:

Also booked in for 1st October for my stainless exhaust  :)

Now need to get some overtime in  :wink:

Back to the top
Look forward to seeing these updates mate.

It seems ages since I done something to mine :-(

Back to the top
Ceri

I dont know how I am getting away with all the spends, my wife must be chillin or wanting something ??

The white ra's will be a nice change sometimes.

The exhaust is your recommendation so that should be great.

The gearbox is prob me just wasting money but after refurb and new linkage it should be the biz ( only when I get the money for it )

Lastly the servo and brake linkage will get refurbed somehow and somewhere and then get it swapped for my perfectly good but tatty one and then sell the old one hopefully.

Dont know when it will all be done all depends if I still have a job next year as my work contract stops at Xmas  :cry:

Cheers Chris
There are too many online users to list.