Skip navigation

Massbad69's Sportline - Back again

Back to the top

bouchay said

Get the grill anyway. I've got the standard grill for my Rivage, a 2 lamp debadged, early 4 & 2 lamp chrome surround grills. When I fancy a change, just swap one over!
Good idea, I will wait a wee bit until my wife is back onside as aprt from what I have already bought I just ordered new stainless nuts and washers for the front top mounts with black nut covers, new rear strut bolts and £48 for new front strut camber bolt sets from CQ  :cry:

Today I have fitted my zinc bits which were lower bonnet catch, coil bracket, battery clamp and cleaned up the bonnet catch until I find a new one as the one I bought of ebay was for a left hooker as the spring and latch are back to front  :dontknow:

I also painted my back drums black and hammerited my rear strut caps.

A few photos from today as I remembered for once  :wink:

Rear drums painted black

Battery clamp

Coil bracket

Bonnet latch cleaned up

Bonnet catch

New rears waiting for spring compressors and new bolts

Old rear suspension

Cheers Chris

Last edit: by Massbad69

Back to the top
Looking good Chris. Like the new shiney bits. Keep the updates coming.

Back to the top

watson said

Looking good Chris. Like the new shiney bits. Keep the updates coming.

1 step at a time, I am learning slowly and bazmk1 just told me where to get a new bonnet latch so just ordered it, such delight at wee things  :D

Hope your car is coming along well it is all looking the biz  :wink:

Back to the top
Wow… under your rear wheel arch is pretty clean. what did you use again? Looks impressive  :wink:

Super job!

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top
Liking the attention to detail mate!

Mk1 Golf Gti Abf conversion Project
Mk2 Golf Gti 16v
Mini Cooper S R53 (Daily)

Back to the top

Shughy said

Wow… under your rear wheel arch is pretty clean. what did you use again? Looks impressive  :wink:

Super job!

Used the tar remover in the link below which I use for everything and it works a treat, also good old gunk, fingernails and unfortunately more than enough elbow grease. It took a good couple of hours per arch but once done thats it, hopefully ?
Finished it with a top coat of harley wax for protection.

Done all the wee jobs myself so getting braver by the day  :wink:

This weekend I am putting the new suspension kit on, myself, just waiting on new febi top mounts and bits which are at the post office and the new bolts for the rear and the front camber bolts from CQ. Just hope they all arrive this week as I have a spare weekend this weekend and the car is sitting on axle stands ready.

Bazmk1 also showed me where to get a new bonnet catch so ordered that from BBT.

Also found new front spots bolt/fixing kits which I need to fit my new spot as 1 of mine is chipped so all in all a successful if expensive week.

Hope you have enjoyed your summer break, too short probs  :dontknow:  

Cheers Chris

Back to the top

lukeybabes said

Liking the attention to detail mate!

Thanks, I just wish money was no object and I would be getting the back axle etc all powdercoated as I go but all in good time  :wink: just dont tell my wife as she still cant believe I paid £47 for front strut/camber bolts when mine are fine just rusty. My dad said though, when you do a job do it right and he was the man  :D

Cheers Chris

Back to the top
Wow! that's one gorgeous looking car you have there  :D

IF And Doubt, Flat Out

Back to the top

Jaycanning said

Wow! that's one gorgeous looking car you have there  :D

Thanks Jay all I need is some decent weather in Scotland to drive it and all will be good  :wink:

Back to the top
Managed to fit my new JOM -35mm front suspension with all new bolts and top mounts after work today and took a few pics, it is sitting much better at the front now and will do the rears this week sometime.

Ride height before

New kit on

New top mounts

Finished height

Sorry for the big pics couldnt change them  :dontknow:

Cheers Chris

Back to the top
Looking much better now Chris.

Let us know what the ride quality is like now.

Back to the top

BigNormRivage said

Looking much better now Chris.

Let us know what the ride quality is like now.

Will do Ceri, I will change over the rears even though it sits fine just now and if I think its too low I will change it back even though it is nicer with new struts etc than the old rusty gear  :wink:

Spent a wee fortune on all the new bolts, stainless washers etc for all the bits but better doing it all than half a job  :)

Spent the exhausts money on the suspension so it will have to wait especially as its road tax and annual service next month  :cry:

Cheers Chris

Hope your car is going well, I am sure it is  :)

Back to the top
good work, arches looking spotless!!

Back to the top

matcupra said

good work, arches looking spotless!!

Thanks Mark, blood, sweat and tears to get those arches polished up even done the wee bit where the top mount sits inside, OCD is sometimes worth having  :wink: Just hate washing my hands 156 times a day  :lol:  

Cheers Chris

Back to the top
looking very well sir ,will be interested to hear  how  the ride is on the new kit?

Back to the top
looking very well sir ,will be interested to hear  how  the ride is on the new kit?

Back to the top
Just fitted my rear suspension today except right at the end the old top nuts dont fit onto the threads of the new rear struts  :banghead: so complete except for 2 stupid nuts which I have ordered from ebay and will need to wait til midweek to fit.  :cry:

Took a couple of pics of car with fronts on but sitting stock at rear and then with new rears on in the arch.

New struts

Standard rear ride height with lowered front

When I get the new nuts I will take final pics

Chris

Back to the top
That looks pretty good… same difference above the arches and looks parallel to the ground.

Who ever said… you were short a few nuts…  :wink: couldn't resist… sorry… :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Still can't get over how clean thoses arches are… no rain in scotland this summer?  :dontknow:

Well done - looks spot on.

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top
Cheers Hugh

The back has still to come down an inch but should still look spot on if it doesn't look good I will get standard height originals!

I am going to that wedding on 23rd and 24th sept so will try and catch you that weekend if possible  :wink:

Chris

Back to the top
Hey excellent… bringing the motor?

A mini 'sportline meet'  :mrgreen:

Cheers Hugh.

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.