Skip navigation

Massbad69's s1 - SOLD

Back to the top
They look superb, got to have one of those.
That will throw the Police over here a curve ball as they won't know what the heck it means!  :lol:  :thumbs:

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
Hi Chris was looking at your tax disc it looks great but is stamped 1 August 80  but runs out the December 31st -81 a few months out buddy 😢

171761 views (107 Kb)

Back to the top

Swerve said

Hi Chris was looking at your tax disc it looks great but is stamped 1 August 80  but runs out the December 31st -81 a few months out buddy 😢

Yip I know, the new one gets posted tomorrow as he got the December bit mixed up :-)

Well noticed, I was going to wait until the correct one arrives before taking pics but 😜

Back to the top
Lol nice one mate 😃😃😃😃

171761 views (107 Kb)

Back to the top

Massbad69 said

Tax disc arrived already and looks great for £12 for 4.

:wub: That's so brilliant!! I've got to get one for mine. :) 

Back to the top
Check out DMB for their replica dealer holders and then get the disc in it, just ask them if they can do your dealer.

The guy I got the disc from is now so busy as the tax disc law change, meaning we can all have our original discs on the screen all the times.

DMB Graphics Ltd

Reproduction, replica British tax discs,- the best and cheapest!

Back to the top
Swerve  the correct tax disc

Back to the top
Found a brand new nearly 40 yr old NOS tailgate chrome trim. Had to pay proper money for it but not nearly as much as they were asking.

Back to the top
There was 2 things missing from the car as both were beyond saving, this and the rear number plate black surround.

I got this but I have no intentions of getting the surround.

Back to the top
Why are you not getting the surround mate? Because it's a stunning car but if that what was on it standard from factory thought you get one?

171761 views (107 Kb)

Back to the top
Neil they are not easy to find so I suppose if I found one I would buy it but not going out my way to locate one.

I'm delighted with the tailgate trim as I had already bought a used one but it would have looked rubbish against the mint condition.

Back to the top
FairPlay Chris 😃
Can't wait to see it in the flesh one day 👍

171761 views (107 Kb)

Back to the top
Glad you managed to find the chrome trim at last thats good enough for your stunning GLS.  All things come to those that wait as the saying goes. There can't be much more to do to this beauty now.

Back to the top

watson said

Glad you managed to find the chrome trim at last thats good enough for your stunning GLS.  All things come to those that wait as the saying goes. There can't be much more to do to this beauty now.

Dave

Apart from the number plate surround that's it :-)

There is no way to improve the car IMO, the mats, tailgate trim and the waterless coolant
are all I've bought I think ?

Chris

Back to the top

Swerve said

FairPlay Chris 😃
Can't wait to see it in the flesh one day 👍

Neil

I'm looking to buy a new daily runner got when the M3 goes back and might get a Ford Mondeo St and pop a towbar on the back, then there's a trailer hire place nearby and I could bring the s1 down for an AGM ????

Back to the top
Sounds like a good plan mate OR you could drive it down 😱😱😱
Ok ok before you say it I'm going to get my coat 😉😉

171761 views (107 Kb)

Back to the top
Maybe going up for sale but I need to think it over, possibly selling my Sportline as well, just need to mull it over properly 😳

Back to the top

Massbad69 said

Maybe going up for sale but I need to think it over, possibly selling my Sportline as well, just need to mull it over properly 😳

how come mate?

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top
arf333  I'm just thinking about shaking things up a bit and maybe selling both my mk1's and getting one completely different classic.

Who knows ????????

Its nothing to do with the 2 cars they are finished and perfect imo ☺️

Back to the top
Chris

Here is an idea for a alternative classic and since you are now into Skoda's the Estelle was a good car in the 70's rear engine rear wheel drive great rally history and with eyes half shut they also looked like a 911 !!!

I would be interested in your cars if only I had not gone and ordered a new TT for my better half a few weeks back arrives mid Feb hopefully.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.