Skip navigation

Massbad69's s1 - SOLD

Back to the top

watson said

Good news that you've managed to get a proper chrome tailgate strip. I guess you'll be using new double sided tape ?

Never noticed that the GLS models had a black rear panel before, and it would be a shame to cover up your shiny new paintwork.

Slightly off topic - I could be wrong but I think the red W reg GLS in the pics went on to become Danny Smiths famous brown mk1 that picked up lots of awards a few years back. Re-registered on an R plate.

I am not putting the black panel on but if I ever found one, I would buy it to keep.

I think that brown s1 is up for sale just now on ebay for £9k after being reduced from £12k ?

Back to the top
My new spares for the s1 arrived.

A few switches etc

Still waiting on the dash and clocks.

Back to the top
Got my tailgate chrome trim today, so straightening it after the shipping and then clean it and see if its in good enough condition to go on ???

Back to the top
Millers oils tank safe arrived and in the tank for the winter layup.

Back to the top
So my spare dash arrived

Back to the top
Nice, some great spares to have there! :-)

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Dash looks in pretty good nick mate. Nice buy.

Back to the top
James the previous owner has found me a nos tailgate chrome trim in Germany.

Best part of £300 😳😁 #iknowIamdaft #butnotthatdaft

Back to the top
Just ordered a replica original first road tax disc with the correct issuing stamp etc.

Should look good in the replica dealer tax disc that's on the car :-)

If its good I will order the other missing discs to make the full set.

Back to the top
where did you buy the discs from mate? was looking at some the other day. Car looks immaculate by the way, some mighty fine spares you have too  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Flick r - Flickr: ErosUK's Photostream Insta g r a m - @MK1_TOBY

Back to the top

Rubbadubdub said

where did you buy the discs from mate? was looking at some the other day. Car looks immaculate by the way, some mighty fine spares you have too  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Thanks a lot

U can pay upto £39 for one,these are £11, so I'm trying the link below. He's so busy though so it will be a few weeks and once I am happy with the quality I will buy more.

http://www.poplargreg.com/taxdiscs/taxdiscs2/indexdiscs.htm

Back to the top

Massbad69 said

Just ordered a replica original first road tax disc with the correct issuing stamp etc.

Should look good in the replica dealer tax disc that's on the car :-)

If its good I will order the other missing discs to make the full set.

Great to see you back to normal Chris, you must be as your buying stuff again!   :thumbs:

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
Tax disc arrived already and looks great for £12 for 4.

Last edit: by Massbad69

Back to the top
tax disc looks awesome, may have to purchase 1 for the cabby

:thumbs:  :thumbs:

Chris

Banner

Back to the top
Cheers Chris

Replica holder as well

Back to the top
where did you get the holder from mate?

Banner

Back to the top
DMB graphics on the homepage to dealer sets of most dealers.

The s1 already had them on it and I just received my set for my Sportline.

Back to the top
looks really smart mate i may have to purchase, where did the tax disc come from?

Banner

Back to the top

Back to the top
Awesome mate, def have to look at the replica dealer stickers and plates for mine, I need to check but think I have the first tax disc for me Sportline so tempted to pop that in there :-)

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.