Skip navigation

Mars Red Tintop @ VAGE 2017

Back to the top
Missed you at the show Hugh, did hang around at your car for a short time to see if you came back but my wee fella wanted to move on. Car looked stunning, congrats on the award & one of the very few Mk1's on display. Shame there weren't more to look at.

Back to the top

richievr said

i am so glad you put he arches and stripes back on  :)  :thumbs:  eleventy million times better  :lol:  :lol:
looking awesome sir!! love the seats ;)

Thanks Rich. The seats get a lot of good comments.  :$ Have a guy linking from NI this weekend just to look at the seats and interior.

Yes glad not to have the arches and decals back on.  :cool:

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top

Pistol said

Missed you at the show Hugh, did hang around at your car for a short time to see if you came back but my wee fella wanted to move on. Car looked stunning, congrats on the award & one of the very few Mk1's on display. Shame there weren't more to look at.

Yes was a bit disappointed myself with the numbers of mk1's at the show. Thanks for comments on the car and I'm sure yours will look even better when completed.  :thumbs:

I've a few more pics from the show I must post them up.

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top
Not posted much on my thread for a bit…

Have still been tinkering away at small stuff on the car - I was at the AGM with 660 miles round trip covered, hit a few shows here at home - Terenure, VAGE (Top 25 Prize) and Kilkenny Classic Car Show.

I'm not happy with the stainless steel exhaust (too loud) so have ordered a genuine mild steel one from VW to go back to standard - longlife one will be for sale.

I can't believe the summer is almost over (back at work) with the evenings closing in - won't be long until our Wicklow Tour at the end of September!

A few pictures…

IMG_4374.JPG 1.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg IMG_4816.JPG
IMG_4473.JPG IMG_4474.JPG

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top
Excellent as usual Hugh - well done. Know what you mean about the exhaust; the Milltek on my mk2 is quite boomy at motorway speeds - the mk1 is actually quieter!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.