1.9 big valve G60 series 1. Carbon fibre stuff

golf1980's 1980 golf driver G60

That is great to hear !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
Just  gone through all this. Wow great car!

Follow me on Instagram, scottyr_mk1golf

Back to the top
Glad to hear your car is going to make a come back, she's a bench mark of mk1 excellence  :thumbs:

Love both your steering wheels too  :wub:

Matt

Back to the top

golf1980 said

Well my friend has moved out of my unit so I can start playing with this again soon :)

If that's all that you needed to get motivated I could have sent some mates round to "persuade" your friend to move out a long time ago.   :lol:

• 1978 MK1 GL 2 door with 2.0 16v ABF, twin 40's, Recaros, lots of suspension mods. I'll get it back on the road one day.
  • 1991 MK2 GTI 4 door. Was my daily doing over 1000 ks a week until it hit a truck. RIP. Got another one now and loving it!
  • 1991 MK2 GTI 4 door for parts.
  • 1998 Seat Cupra + another used as a donor for the MK1
  • 1999 Passat Wagon. Needs street cred but at least it's a manual.

Back to the top
Just read this from were I last posted to catch up, looks like the G60 is still fighting you but as always your fighting back! Still a great car!

Back to the top

Back to the top
Have you made any progress?

Matt

Back to the top
I've been buying bits but not made a lot of progress to be honest. I've been playing with some of my other cars instead 😬 Mainly my super rare vw Santana's. Anyway, this is a mk forum so no more talk of that 😂
 I'm going to take it in a different direction when I build it all back up. I bought a series 1 scuttle tray panel off beany so I'm going to try and get that welded back in. Not sure how many people have gone the other way with a smoothed scuttle tray? I still have a heater so this should make the car more usable. I am getting more enthusiasm towards the car now but there are factors holding me back at the moment. I really miss driving it though. 

Back to the top
If anyone has or knows of a South African style brake linkage bar, please let me know 🙂

Back to the top
What a shame. Photobucket has ruined everything. Let me know if you can still see pics? I think they work if you're reading on a pc? 

Back to the top
Nope all gone mate.

I hate Photobucket, ruined all my build threads, one of which was 10 years in the making and still going strong.

Boo!

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top
Strange because on the retro rides forum, you can still see the pics? 

How many of you build threads have been done over borednow ? It's such a shame. I've only recently started coming back to the forums too and this has really thrown a spanner in the works 😭

Back to the top
Both of mine on here

My Derby build thread on Mk1polo.com and I presume my threads for the other builds on Retro Rides……..but maybe they haven't…….hmmmmm.

Some are still there on RR but my avatar comes and goes. Weird!

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top
Also, I put wheels on it for the first time in like 2 years? 😱

Back to the top
So some progress can finally be made. I've moved out of my old unit and into a bigger one so now I have space and can actually start work on the car! It's been a long time since I've had any motivation to work on it and I've not had much money over the last couple of years. Just over a year ago I got a job at Mercedes GP F1 team and because we won the championship, I get a bonus! So obviously I'm spending it on cars 😂🚗 
It just feels good to have that buzz for the car again.  FEFE1F44-CB74-4B52-8B18-A55B7017B2D9.jpeg

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top
There are too many online users to list.