Skip navigation

Mars red Series 1 Mk1 golf Driver G60

Back to the top

golf1980's 1980 golf driver G60

Cracking car mate! I'd be interested in knowing which companies you've had bad experiences with as I'm planning to put a supercharged engine in mine. Cheers!

Back to the top

Back to the top
Had a bit of a play this weekend. My mate moved out of the unit so now I have space to work on the car. It is also rolling about now too because I've fitted all the wheels :D so working on the car will be so much easier :D

Any way. Pics of the wheels fitted and some fitment shots too;

I think these are my favourite wheels to date.  :wub:

Back to the top
Doesn't get much better than that.  :thumbs:

Although I'm not a fan of your weather, looks miserable.

Cheers

Paul

• 1978 MK1 GL 2 door with 2.0 16v ABF, twin 40's, Recaros, lots of suspension mods. I'll get it back on the road one day.
  • 1991 MK2 GTI 4 door. Was my daily doing over 1000 ks a week until it hit a truck. RIP. Got another one now and loving it!
  • 1991 MK2 GTI 4 door for parts.
  • 1998 Seat Cupra + another used as a donor for the MK1
  • 1999 Passat Wagon. Needs street cred but at least it's a manual.

Back to the top
Thanks Paul :)  :thumbs:

You should have seen the weather 2 hours prior to these pics!! It was bad. 

Back to the top
i like them lots :)

Banner

Back to the top
Looks amazing  :thumbs:

Matt

Back to the top

jellybelly said

i like them lots :)

pazwaa said

Looks amazing  :thumbs:

Matt

Thanks guys :) 

Back to the top

Back to the top
Going for the 'track day' look?

Mk 1 Helios Campaign, 2.0 16v G60

Build thread here

Back to the top
Nope. Just swapping some bits over. I have a nice genuine deep pile carpet to go in and I'm getting my seats re done as the last trimmer has done a poor job and used cheap materials :( 

Back to the top

golf1980 said

Nope. Just swapping some bits over. I have a nice genuine deep pile carpet to go in and I'm getting my seats re done as the last trimmer has done a poor job and used cheap materials :( 

Where did you get the carpet?
What's the plans for the seat retrim; colour change?

The Red Rocket! My Mk1 Tdi Build.....

My VAG family:

1982 Mk1, PD130 Tdi, 6 speed, ongoing project, to be my daily driver (one day)!
1983 Mk1, 1.8 Gti, stripped out, ongoing project, track car only.
1990 Mk1 Cabrio, 1.8 8v Turbo, G60 ECU, long term project (17 years so far)!
2008 T5 LWB, 1.9 Tdi, to be converted to camper when I've finished using it as a van!
1999 Audi A4 Avant Quattro, 2.5 Tdi, currently off the road, more work required.
2010 Tiguan R-Line, daily driver. 

Back to the top
I drove down to a chap in Devon who was selling all the interior parts from a series1 gti. I went for the under dash tray to be honest but he wouldn't split so I had to buy the whole lot! I sold most of it off but kept some bits. 
The seats are going back to original spec. Loosing the alcantara and going back to black tweed bolsters. That is the only non standard thing about the seats. All the stitching started to come undone too 

Back to the top

Back to the top
Some progress on the engine at last! Finally got the unit to a level where I was happy to start work  :lol: and today we started ripping the engine out. Things got messy! Haha.

Back to the top
I love those wheels matey, they look great. I think they are my favourite wheels too!! :wub:

Back to the top
Me too they suit the car to a tee 😘

Back to the top
 :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Flick r - Flickr: ErosUK's Photostream Insta g r a m - @MK1_TOBY

Back to the top

Melteddrummer said

I love those wheels matey, they look great. I think they are my favourite wheels too!! :wub: 

Thanks mate :D I wasn't sure if they would fit to be honest so it's lucky they do because I really like them too!! Haha

Massbad69 said

Me too they suit the car to a tee 😘

I'm chuffed to bits with them mate. Just a shame the car is in bits and not rolling around on them!! :(  :'( I'm working on it though ;)

Rubbadubdub said

:wub: :wub: :wub: 
 :D thanks dude :)

Speaking of wheels, I picked these up the other day. I nearly forgot I had them! They've been at the polishers so long! He hasn't done the best job to be honest :( I always seem to pic the wrong people?! I should have just done them myself. Ahh well, at least they're back now. Possibly for sale? Possibly going on one of my other cars? Not sure yet?  :lol:

Back to the top
Oh wow - just wow!!  :cool:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.