Skip navigation

Mars red Series 1 Mk1 golf Driver G60

Back to the top

golf1980's 1980 golf driver G60

Very impressive vehicle, the 8 pages could easily be used as a Mk1 training manual! The evolution of the car through the period is also quite interesting, pretty cool to see how passionate some owners get.
You should rightly be proud of your attitude and end results.
In my humble opinion, Mk1 G60 is the way to go!

2 tintops.
3 cabbies, 1 with G60 power, just for fun.
Volvo T5, just for fun.
3.1Ltr V6 Dutton Leggera, just for fun.
Renault 5 GT Turbo, just a money pit!
Several boring cars, just no fun!

Back to the top
Rich
Superb looking Mk1 G60
Stunning detail to match
Very well done!
Have you got the phone number for the body shop you used..
I would be very grateful 

Back to the top
Thanks guys :) and thanks for looking through all those pages PeteB! the car certainly has gone through some changes! :D

GeeBee, the body shop I use is Frankies auto paintworks and his number is; owe double seven 92 double7 5 581.
I typed it like that to stop him getting internet spam as that is his mobile number. His workshop is in tingewick, buckinghamshire. Top bloke. I'll be taking my other cars to him as I trust no one else. Hope he can sort you out :)

Back to the top
Many thanks Rich.

Back to the top
Saw this at alltypes. Loved the engine in this. Wish my G60 looked like it.

Back to the top

DannyEss said

Thanks mate. I had a look round yours too. Looks a lot of fun to drive! I'll bet it goes well with that charger :)

Back to the top
Had a bit of a nightmare whilst driving today. The passenger side window glass fell down into the door.
I took the door card off and the holdy bit has rusted so much that it is now mullered and I need to buy a new one or some how repair this one at work.
I dont know what it is called to do a proper search on ebay.  :P
I had this problem with the drivers door about 5 years ago but could only afford to replace the one side at the time.
It is the black metal bit that has a long u shape slot for the window glass to sit in and it has 2 bolts that attach to the upy downy mechanism bit.
if anyone has one spare, let me know please!

Back to the top
and just because this page has no pics;

no one likes a thread with no pics!
the gold mk1 belongs to my mate tristan. it has a 1.4 16v in it. soon to be turbo'd!

Back to the top
Nice line of VAG!  :cool:

I love your description - the 'holdy bit!'  :lol: Sad thing is I know what you mean and have no other way of describing it!

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

golf1980 said

DannyEss said

Thanks mate. I had a look round yours too. Looks a lot of fun to drive! I'll bet it goes well with that charger :)

no problem. I need to sort mine out.

And yeah it's pretty fun. Stupidly loud though :D

Back to the top
Great pic mate. :)

Back to the top

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

Nice line of VAG!  :cool:

I love your description - the 'holdy bit!'  :lol: Sad thing is I know what you mean and have no other way of describing it!

I'm full of rubbish descriptions for stuff. it makes it really hard to find what i need!  :P   :lol:

DannyEss said

no problem. I need to sort mine out.

And yeah it's pretty fun. Stupidly loud though :D

i like loud. especially when it is forced induction loudness. :wub:  :wub:
If i see you near your car at a show, I'll introduce myself and we can have a chat  :)

smudger1980 said

Great pic mate. :)

thanks smudger. i need a better camera i think. i've been saying that through out this thread but all money goes on the golf. I'll buy a good one when the golf is finished….so probably never! :lol:

MR_LONG said

Is this what your after mate?

thats the bit! thanks mate. i'm glad you could understand my description  :)  
I'm getting one from Funkstar now though. nearly 5 pounds cheaper too  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Oooooo I've just noticed you found the thread number ref ;)

Back to the top

Back to the top

golf1980 said

Yep. Thanks for your help mate.

More than welcome dude :)

Back to the top

Back to the top
The window lifter channel arrived this morning :)
Thanks funkstar

Can't wait to fit it and have a nice working window!
These little things that go wrong in my mk1 but work fine in new cars and people take for granted.
They won't ever know the joy of fixing it and having it working. For about 5 years I've had no fuel gauge but now each time I look at it working i smile and feel happy inside. If someone else is in the car I have to tell them my fuel gauge works!  :lol:  They don't care… Man im weird…. 

Back to the top
fixed the window. lovely  :wub:

Just had a great weekend out in the golf.
On Saturday I drove down to players classic but I parked in the wrong section so I wasnt included in the show and shine :( I think the spot I got was actually better though because the pit stalls were very cramped. I met a few people off of here and had some nice chats :) So that was good.

On Sunday it was my most local show of the year. DC13 held In my home village of Turweston's airfeild. The weather wasn't as great as the Saturday but it was still a great show. To top the weekend off the golf came away with a trophy! The first show trophy it has ever won  :lol:   
I was so suprised when my name was called and a bit embarrased to collect it. I managed to stumble in a pot hole on my way up to the stand  :P  :P  :lol:

anyway, here are some pics.

a couple of pics from alltypes;

The club won best club stand and I lost the coin toss to take my car up. It was a really good day and the clubs trophy was well deserved. personally I think beany should have taken this beauty up instead;

and one more as it was such a nice day

I didnt take any players pics.

I parked up at DC13 with my mate Ollie and his mk3.5 cabby.
 I met his mates in the morning and we all parked up together and chilled out for the day. much to our surprise, we all won trophies!  :lol:

Sorry for all the trophy pics. I'm just very proud of the golf   :lol: :wub:

Also, they gave me the wrong trophy. The golf actually came 2nd in class. I did go and find the chap that came first to swap them over but he also had a 1st place one :lol:

So there we have it. Well done golf.  :wub:

Back to the top
Congrats on the award mate. Well done. If I were you I wouldn't be embarassed it's a smashing MK1 you've got :)
There are too many online users to list.