Skip navigation

Mario

Back to the top

Mario

Just checking thanks , all the pics from the Vauxhall brake  (how to )seem to be gone too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top

Mario

Vectra brakes fitted on p.s ,now my p slots fit over the brakes

Back to the top

Mario

the money pit keeps taking, my exhaust broke so I got this from a kind gentleman, it’s a raceland manifold funnily enough it’s the same as the one that broke . As usual I was all set to do a bit of work and it starts to rain ah well It’s bank holiday weekend so no excuses not to have it done over the weekend

Back to the top
Raining on a bank holiday? Surely not!

Good luck

Ian

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top

Mario

Well I got  the manifold fitted today as the weather was kind to me for once my buddy mk1 eighty kindly donated new exhaust hangers for added security

Back to the top

Mario

My wheels are rubbing off the Coilovers. Why is that? I’ve never fitted Coilovers or adjusted them before  so any pointers appreciated

Back to the top
adjust the camber so it clears the tyre you must have a lot of toe in or its just too low and won't adjust anymore lol

Back to the top

Mario

Cheers mate , , yes I’ve adjusted the camber bolt out to the max now. It’s gone dark so I’ll have a better look in the morning

Back to the top
There does seem to be an issue with golfs and coilies in that the adjuster nut always seems to end up in the side of the tyre. I'm gonna guess you've got 15" wheels and 195/50 or 195/55 tyres on the front?

Few options

Go higher

Go lower

2mm spacer and change the camber out a bit

Stretch tyres 175 or similar.

Got to love an easy 'bolt out and bolt in' job aint ya>?

Ian

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top

Mario

Yes good guess 195/45/15 but switching yo 185/60/14

Back to the top
hmmm, depending on offset and wheel width you might find that's even worse weirdly.

Check out Alloy Wheel and Tyre Fitment Calculator. Offset, Tyre Stretch and Speedo Error | Will They Fit

Ian

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top

Mario

Cheers Ian I need to higher the car anyway it’s way to low. So how do I do that?

Back to the top

Mario

Happy new year me a*se.So  my timing belt broke on the g60 , luckily it was on the driveway and  I only had it idling. Am I right in thinking it’s a non interference engine? I bought a new belt and fitted it this morning. But the car won’t start I have spark and fuel.I’ve done the timing lots of times on this as I had a dodgy crankshaft pulley episode a few times . But I always like to double check. the camshaft I lined the dot with the cylinder head with the gasket in place , correct? That’s the only thing I wasn’t 100 pc sure of . All the other marks I am sure of. Also how do I check if I’ve damaged the engine without taking the engine apart? Thanks

Back to the top
Happy new year :)

Well not so about the timing belt though :(

I would take the spark plugs out and get hold of an endoscope or borescope to inspect the surface  of the cylinders.

There's quite a bit of confusion whether it is a non interference engine as people have previously bent valves on the Corrado PG platform.

Good luck :)

Back to the top
Oh also worth checking the mark on the flywheel for tdc to ensure the engine is not 180 degrees out along with the existing timing marks in position.

^
Take this with a pinch of salt. I see you have a T4 bottom end. The flywheel position mark is on a PG flywheel which is aligned to the PG crank at TDC is viewable though the inspection hatch on a 02A or 02j gearbox

Last edit: by Rich.

Back to the top

Mario

Thanks rich, it’s the pg block in the car I never fitted the 2litre engine , I have it set up off the flywheel  0 dg mark the intermediate pulley is pretty good too and the dot on the inside of the cylinder head with the gasket on. No 1 piston is at the top .I have spark and fuel,

Back to the top

Mario

Back to the top

Mario

Just testing if I could post something on here ,I’ve been trying to start a topic and it keeps showing this what does this mean?

Back to the top

Mario

Anyhoo when working off the camshaft timing marks on the inside of the camshaft with the single dot do I leave the rocker cover gasket on? Thanks

Back to the top

gafo said

Anyhoo when working off the camshaft timing marks on the inside of the camshaft with the single dot do I leave the rocker cover gasket on? Thanks

Its a contentious subject and has been discussed many times. The bentley manual / VW suggests this is the case but even if you set it up with a straight edge from the head like I did your car should run either way as the difference is negligible.

This is the guide: http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?38512-Definitive-G60-Timing-Belt-Setting

Have you set the distributor correctly using the notch in the cover cap to TDC?

Have you checked compression after the belt snapped?

Good luck:thumbs:

Last edit: by Rich.

There are too many online users to list.