Skip navigation

Joe90k's Rising Blue 1.8t - BBT K300 IE Rods Custom Interior

Back to the top

Joe90k's Mk1 GTi 20v Turbo

Brill cheers Mate

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Still waiting on Chris at Retro to finish my car, properly missing it now! I want the job done properly so I don't mind waiting but its a shame as I was looking forward to taking it to Bristol Volksfest! Hopefully it will be done sometime in June! It has been a while (It is a lot of work though!)

2018 Up! GTi 1.0 TSI
2015 Mk7 Golf R 2.0 TSI 4motion DSG
2011 Caddy Maxi Kombi 1.6 TDi
1982 Mk1 Golf GTi 3 Door 1.8t - Build Thread

Back to the top
Just read the whole lot.

Brilliant work that you make look so easy:thumbs:Cars a credit to you, and glad you are enjoying using it.

Its even making me think about raising mine up a bit more!

Back to the top
keep the faith mate its still a few weeks away so fingers crossed, have you got another ride or anything you could pop down in for the day? a great show and your welcome with or without the mk1 :-)

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
I've spoken to arf333 mate, I am still heading over in the Mk6 GTi Cab for the stand, although I was originally planning on bringing both cars! Be good to put a few names to faces :thumbs:

2018 Up! GTi 1.0 TSI

Back to the top
Brill !

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
A few updates are due as it's been a while!

I have been busy while the car has been with Chris at Retro Retrims. Firstly I decided to buy a second set of Polo clocks and have custom dial faces made by Metal Monkey.

I have had a few sets of faces made up in the past and every time Naomi has been unbelievably helpful, the turnaround has been well communicated and the final product has far exceeded my expectation. Considering that they had never done a design for these clocks before, I had to scan and send the original faces to them for scale along with a Photoshop design of how I wanted them to look. They turned out spot on!

I decided to buy some Porsche callipers and adaptors for the fronts on the existing 280mm discs, not sure if I am going to use them or not yet, I will fit them and then decide if I will keep them or not, based on what sort of thickness spacer I need to run for my RM's to clear them.

I have totally refurbed them both, made a soda blasting cabinet using about £12 worth of bits from B & Q which worked a treat!

Cleaned and ready for paint

Painted with VHT Flameproof Primer

Then VHT Gloss Black Calliper paint

Then Brembo decals and a coat of VHT Clear Calliper paint

Will post some more pics when I come to fit them once I have the car back. In the meantime, I am going to collect the car on Sunday and I can't wait! I have been sent pics by Chris as he has been working on the car and I have to stay he is seriously talented. He works on his own and you have the bear with him, but the wait is certainly more than worth it! I am going to post a load of photos up after I collect the car this Sunday but until then here is a sneak pic

I literally cannot wait! :wub:

Last edit: by Joe90k

2018 Up! GTi 1.0 TSI

Back to the top
Nice work on the calipers there Joe, looking fresh and those seats look fantastic, can't wait to see the rest of the pics.

Back to the top
Great work, nice clocks! :cool:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Cheers both, hopefully the wait will have been worth it for the trim, it's weird not having the car about, I have just been sitting in the garage looking at where the car lives… to say I am excited is an understatement!

2018 Up! GTi 1.0 TSI

Back to the top
cant wait to see the pics either  :)

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
You've been pretty busy then. Loving the individual touches with the clocks and seats.
Is the blasting cabinet based on Jellybelly's one? Are there any instructions on building one?
Would also be interested in how you get on with the calipers. Are they Boxster rear ones?

Mk 1 Helios Campaign, 2.0 16v G60

Build thread here

Back to the top
An excellent thread and a beautiful car!

Have you got any more pics of your dash design? I'm currently looking for inspiration for my project; currently got the Mk4 clocks in a carbon dash panel but it's not very tidy.

The Red Rocket! My Mk1 Tdi Build.....

My VAG family:

1982 Mk1, PD130 Tdi, 6 speed, ongoing project, to be my daily driver (one day)!
1983 Mk1, 1.8 Gti, stripped out, ongoing project, track car only.
1990 Mk1 Cabrio, 1.8 8v Turbo, G60 ECU, long term project (17 years so far)!
2008 T5 LWB, 1.9 Tdi, to be converted to camper when I've finished using it as a van!
1999 Audi A4 Avant Quattro, 2.5 Tdi, currently off the road, more work required.
2010 Tiguan R-Line, daily driver. 

Back to the top

tidymike said

You've been pretty busy then. Loving the individual touches with the clocks and seats.
Is the blasting cabinet based on Jellybelly's one? Are there any instructions on building one?
Would also be interested in how you get on with the calipers. Are they Boxster rear ones?
Cheers Mike! Similar to JellyBelly's, but instead of being a wooden box its and £11 plastic box from B & Q. JellyBelly's can be used for Shot/Sand blasting too, this is only for soda blasting which is much gentler, meaning the box can be less heavy duty.

As for instructions have a look here

Yeah they are Boxster rears, because I have a bias pedal box, my master cylinders are the perfect size for them, I might sell them before I put them on though as I'm not sure if I want to run the spacers I will need to get them under my RM's.

KevMk1Tdi said

An excellent thread and a beautiful car!

Have you got any more pics of your dash design? I'm currently looking for inspiration for my project; currently got the Mk4 clocks in a carbon dash panel but it's not very tidy.
Thank you sir! No more pics at the moment, I am currently trying to work through it and have drawn up the aluminium fascia on Creo to get it CNC'd out of aluminium. It's difficult getting a decent mounting for the clocks as they are a little too tall. If you put Polo 6N2 or Lupo GTi/Arosa clocks in all the wiring is the same (Assuming you have an older 1.8T engine, AGU etc.) the clocks are less tall and IMO look more suited to the Mk1 as they are two circles instead of the more modern shape of the Mk4 clocks. I will get some more pics up when I have finished it though.

As for my interior, here is a few pics. I need to get it all back together, I am in the process of sorting out the last bits on the dash electrics and audio. The two hour drive from Chris' workshop to my house was spirited to say the least… The car ran spot on the whole way until I pulled onto my drive when one of the coolant T pieces I used split, dumping all the coolant on my drive!  :ocf_emoticons__BangHead:Still it could have been worse, at least it didn't happen on route! I learnt my lesson anyway, made a few changes to the coolant pipework, a few upgraded bits and all is well again.

Comments welcome as always!

Last edit: by Joe90k

2018 Up! GTi 1.0 TSI

Back to the top
That's one plush place to be, very nice!  :cool:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Is that a retro retrims' carpet over the top of the original?

I like the dash retrim; might look at something like that for mine.

The Red Rocket! My Mk1 Tdi Build.....

My VAG family:

1982 Mk1, PD130 Tdi, 6 speed, ongoing project, to be my daily driver (one day)!
1983 Mk1, 1.8 Gti, stripped out, ongoing project, track car only.
1990 Mk1 Cabrio, 1.8 8v Turbo, G60 ECU, long term project (17 years so far)!
2008 T5 LWB, 1.9 Tdi, to be converted to camper when I've finished using it as a van!
1999 Audi A4 Avant Quattro, 2.5 Tdi, currently off the road, more work required.
2010 Tiguan R-Line, daily driver. 

Back to the top
Holy Moly, that interior is out of this world man!! wowzaz :o  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Back to the top
Very nice. Think i'll also hijack the dash idea. Looking great so far.

MK1CRAZY YAHOOOOO!!!!!

Back to the top

KevMk1Tdi said

Is that a retro retrims' carpet over the top of the original?

No its a custom carpet mate, Chris cut the pieces to size, steamed them to shape and them bound the edges with vinyl. He's done an excellent job though. I need to take it all out and sound deaden the floor as I never did it after I removed it before paint.

Thanks for the comments guys, its safe to say its a lovely place to be, makes a change from the ply and primer I was used to before lol

2018 Up! GTi 1.0 TSI

Back to the top
Mate that interior.looks.amazing!! I wish i had the money to.make mine look as.nice as that!!

Click on the link below to see my mk1 16v project

http://vwgolfmk1.org.u…-16v-project#post_1081899
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.