Skip navigation

Hairy's gone all floppy!!

Back to the top

ans4r said

oh my god! hairyarse in a floppy  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

nice find :thumbs: good luck ;)

:lol:

Back to the top
Neat buy hairyarse - and I've now learned I own a floppy as well! LOL!

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

Took the wiper mechanism off my tintop to 'borrow' another spindle………

…….Back to square one, ended up taking the main carrier plate off my tintop,

Now there's a slippery slope if ever I saw one….. using the tintop as a donor for a cabby!! :o

Back to the top
Nice one Andy, sounds like one of them jobs where no matter which way you turn, something else happens :P   at least you sorted it though. Enjoy yourself in the new car tomorrow, hope the weather holds out for you :thumbs:  :cool:

Back to the top

Yomp said

Hairyarse said

Now there's a slippery slope if ever I saw one….. using the tintop as a donor for a cabby!! :o

:lol:  :lol:

Back to the top
Oh dear.....Hope this is not a distraction from the hard top....I know you only bought it for the "wind in the hair" experience...... :lol:

Back to the top
Cracking buy that Andy, you jammy Devil you!  :thumbs:
So welcome to the floppy side of life.  :cool:

Personally, I've always been a 'Floppy' but that's another story!  O_o

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
If you think your MFA issue might be stalk related, I could drop you one to play with at the pub meet. Pm me.

Back to the top

Yomp said

Hairyarse said

LOL - don't panic Graham, there's not much else to take off my tintop  :lol: To be fair the tintop one really needed replacing, this is a stop-gap, I will keep an eye out for good second hand ones for both cars now  ;)

campaignjerry said

Oh dear…..Hope this is not a distraction from the hard top….I know you only bought it for the "wind in the hair" experience…… :lol:

Now you know that's not possible! lol Nope this, whilst it will need the odd job, isn't a project for me, the tintop will not get neglected ;)

fonzooorooo said

If you think your MFA issue might be stalk related, I could drop you one to play with at the pub meet. Pm me.

Yeah I was thinking it must be stalks as the clock still works. That would be great - see you in 2 weeks then  :thumbs:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Nice sportline :cool:, looks great with the Azev's, been thinking about getting a set lately for myself. What sizes are they?

Back to the top
….oh and looking through all the receipts last night it's got a Weitec -35mm kit fitted, so not coilies. Shows how observant I was when I looked at the car!

Either way I like the way it rides

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

sp8y said

Nice sportline :cool:, looks great with the Azev's, been thinking about getting a set lately for myself. What sizes are they?

Cheers man ;)

7.5x16 all round, but 2xET30 and 2xET35 looking at the receipt

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Back to the top
Lovely car this Andy - big congrats on the purchase. Think you got a real bargain here and happy to have played a small part in it.  :)

Nothing like getting the wind in you hair.  :lol:

Happy Christmas by the way!  ;)

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top
Top looking motor, look forward to seeing it in the flesh at some point.

1991 Black Sportline 1.8 GTI Cabby - gone

1983 Papyrus Green 1.5 Auto GL Cabby - gone

1984 Nevada Beige MK2 Golf 1.6CL LHD Auto - gone

1981 Schwartz Black MK1 Golf 1600 GTI - gone

Currently Mk1less!

Back to the top
Nice find hairy!

i pressed the little red button

Back to the top
Smart looking motor !, bargain for sure, loving those Azev's too, I was desperate for a set of those 20 odd years ago when I had my first mk1 but couldn't afford them, they look really clean too, nice find :thumbs:

Back to the top
I spotted this on Thursday night and guy sent me pics including surface rust under front lights and I thought it looked tidy although he told me everything in working order so didn't mention Mfa fault.i liked the Azevs and think they look good.i also liked the price and thought it was too good to be true.

As soon as I started to get serious and dig deeper ( vosa check) and I mentioned my 300 mile travel to see it the seller told me someone coming sat so I guess that was yourself.

Well done ,great buy and I also think u got a real bargain .
guess my search goes on(any help from anyone much appreciated)

Cheers

Back to the top
The black L plate Sportline on eBay with seized engine, new roof needed and rustvetc just sold for £3049.

So Andy, u really did get a good deal !!

And I should have kept my black one :-(

Back to the top

geestur said

I spotted this on Thursday night and guy sent me pics including surface rust under front lights and I thought it looked tidy although he told me everything in working order so didn't mention Mfa fault.i liked the Azevs and think they look good.i also liked the price and thought it was too good to be true.

As soon as I started to get serious and dig deeper ( vosa check) and I mentioned my 300 mile travel to see it the seller told me someone coming sat so I guess that was yourself.

Well done ,great buy and I also think u got a real bargain .
guess my search goes on(any help from anyone much appreciated)

Cheers

He did mention he had a few queuing up to see it - sorry pipped you to it.

He said no mechanical faults so was surprised to find the issue with the wipers but overall it is one tidy car.

So this afternoon I got home and thought I'd bleed the brakes as whipping the Azev's off to put on the BBS.

First wheel off, bleed nipple wont budge and after last nights escapade I thought I don't want to risk it - the garage can change the fluid for me. No worries, I'll just put the BBS on I thought. Oh no, one of the locking wheel nuts had been previously mullered - it's that type with two little holes in and two pins on the socket key which I think is just pants!  

Fortunately at this point I had only put one BBS on (which does look good) so garage will have to sort this too. Maybe the Azev's are trying to tell me something!  :lol:

So it's not been plain sailing on these 'little' jobs I wanted to sort but it's still appears to be a straight car and at a good price so I'm happy

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.